Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania

I don’t really have a lot of faith in Peyton Reed. He’s an able director, but that’s it. I haven’t seen anything that says he can give the kind of vision needed to bring someone like Kang to life.

Well I certainly hope he isn't going to be forgettable as Yellowjacket and Ghost.

I'm interested to see if Loki, DS 2, and/or WandaVision tie into Ant-Man 3 in some way since those would possibly be ways to hint at Kang's MCU arrival.

I don't believe Kang will be the main villain in this, but set up. I could be wrong though

I don't necessarily think Kang is going to be the next Thanos but I do think he could be the next Loki (and by that I mean, a villain that has ties to the next big arc, appearing in multiple films). With the multiverse being tied a few upcoming projects, the introduction of Kang and fans hoping Dr. Doom is the next big bad, I could see next 10 years or so of movies lead to a Secret Wars (2015 version) type of event.

I don't necessarily think Kang is going to be the next Thanos but I do think he could be the next Loki (and by that I mean, a villain that has ties to the next big arc, appearing in multiple films). With the multiverse being tied a few upcoming projects, the introduction of Kang and fans hoping Dr. Doom is the next big bad, I could see next 10 years or so of movies lead to a Secret Wars (2015 version) type of event.
This. I can still see Kang being set up as the next villain in a Avengers movie and I think it would be a waste not to use him, but he could pop up in plenty of other upcoming films and not just Ant-Man 3

I have to admit, I wasn't expecting this and my first reaction was a negative one. I was thinking of Kang as an Avengers villain and Ant-Man seemed to make little sense.

In retrospect, I think my hesitation is misplaced. Ant-Man had significant time travel elements in Endgame, so they might want to explore that more in Ant-Man 3. Kang is a perfect Young Avengers villain. My guess is he would be a villain in the movie but maybe not throughout the movie. I could also see Kang, Immortus, Rama Tut, etc. all appearing depending on how much time travel they do. Either way, it wouldn't have been my first choice, but I think it's a fun choice. I also think Peyton Reed is a big enough Fantastic Four fan to pull this off.

On a Pfeiffer forum I frequent, it's being said that Michelle Pfeiffer may not be in ANT-MAN 3.

According to an artist who draws/helps design the costumes (and apparently worked on Maleficent 2), it is unlikley Pfeiffer will reprise her role as Janet Van Dyne and that the movie will be used as a launchpad for other characters.

Take it with a pinch of salt. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I liked the blended family in Ant-Man, much better to watch than the cliched ex and new husband drama. It started out questionable at the beginning of the film when they threatened to stop Cassie from seeing her Dad unless he came up with the child support payments (way to put the kid first!) but once they used that plot device to set the heist up them all getting along was great in AMATW.

I remember reading an interview where Bobby Canavale "joked" about his tiny role in a "tiny" Marvel film and how he would deliberately drive Peyton Reed crazy asking "what's my motivation?" during filming because he wanted a bigger role.

Was Canavale snapped? And what about Scott's ex-wife? If they were brought back, now they'd have a teenage Cassie living with them. How old was she meant to be in Endgame?

If she had been living by herself for 5 years (which it possibly seems she had), then she wouldn't want to go back to living under her mother and step father.

Was Canavale snapped? And what about Scott's ex-wife? If they were brought back, now they'd have a teenage Cassie living with them. How old was she meant to be in Endgame?

If she had been living by herself for 5 years (which it possibly seems she had), then she wouldn't want to go back to living under her mother and step father.

This is one thing that bugged me about Endgame and not knowing if Scott's Ex-Wife and Husband had been snapped? Unless it was in a book or mentioned by the directors? I think Scott's story would have been more personal if his Ex-Wife had been snapped and Jim Paxton was taking care of Cassie.

False alarm on La Pfeiffer involvement (thanks to this message board).

Anyway, Pfeiffer confirms she is back for ANT-MAN 3 and due to start shooting in Spring 2021. Lets hope they don't completely waste her this time.

Is it the same Cassie Lang?

What's the point of a recast? The other one in Endgame was fine.

A bit weird they would recast, but Newton is a far better actress and one who's coming up.

Did they recast Cassie Lang because of multiverse reasons? :huh:

It could be something like scheduling issues, or it could be they have plans for the character and want to trade up.

Why does Marvel keep giving their movies ****ty titles?

It’s so wild they managed to make an ant man trilogy. I’m ok with it but of all the characters

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"