Ant-Man costume thread

I'd go with the third one; it looks more presentable. Unless if they want to go Ultimates style;

Henry_Pym_%28Earth-1610%29_001.jpg

Eh...when I look at the Ultimates costume, I instantly think of the Affleck Daredevil suit

Eh...when I look at the Ultimates costume, I instantly think of the Affleck Daredevil suit
Now I think of it, it actually does kinda look like the Affleck Daredevil suit. Never really thought of that.

I'm not sure how great the classic suit would look on fil
M. But at the same time I want him to be recognizable as ant man. Marvel is good about costumes though. So I'm not aLl that worried

I'm not sure how great the classic suit would look on fil
M. But at the same time I want him to be recognizable as ant man. Marvel is good about costumes though. So I'm not aLl that worried

Every costume except Weapon XI. I don't think he deserves to be called Deadpool :dry:

I'd go with the third one; it looks more presentable. Unless if they want to go Ultimates style;

Henry_Pym_%28Earth-1610%29_001.jpg
81827-hank-pym_400.jpg

I am going to sketch something up, but they could go with a helmet like this. Maybe less bulky though.

I would combine these two costumes. Add some silver metalish areas to impry cybernetic parts to his costume and this helmet here:
405430_341558549256499_1930790017_n.jpg

It looks like a real world version of his classic helmet. Just small minro little tweaks here and there.

i think they'll go with something closer to the ultimate version, less flashy...
i mean, the concept of a man who can control ants and become very small or vey big is cheezy enough, so the costume must be something simple and not too flashy

I'm fond of this one, even though I know it's not Hank in the suit.
229602-128545_large.jpg

And please, not the Ultimates costume. I don't get why so many of you keep voting for it. It looks like excrement.

I drew this up as a concept for what the suit could possibly look like. I'm not the best artist, but oh well:

antman.png

^ Not so shabby! Good job! I'll bet the actual design won't be to far from what you got here. Groovy cool.

I personally prefer a less armored look. I prefer a jump suit with the helmet sans antenae and some armor accents, keeping it minimal, here and there.

I hate Ultimate Hank. He makes me sick.

Ultimate Hank sucks! They raped his personality on that one. The costume isn't so horrible I guess, I just hate the way they portrayed him. With no Hawkeye around, they made Hank the wise-ash, and pushed it even further by making him an A-hole, that seemed nothing like the Hank we know and love.

Ultimate Hank sucks! They raped his personality on that one. The costume isn't so horrible I guess, I just hate the way they portrayed him. With no Hawkeye around, they made Hank the wise-ash, and pushed it even further by making him an A-hole, that seemed nothing like the Hank we know and love.

He was a form of a-hole known as 'sociopath'. Captain America became one of my top characters when he beat the eff out of the dude.

This is my idea of what the movie costume could look like. Its a mix between the 616 Ant Man costume, with the red, black, and silver helmet, and the Ultimate version. Like the Captain America or the Hawkeye costume, Ant Man uses parts from the Ultimate while trying to stay true to the 616 version. His helmet I made a little smaller and less silly looking (I hope). I also thought that the actor might want more face time so his eyes are visible more than either the 616 or the Ultimate version. His mouthpiece also separates like a pilot's. So that he can also have more of his face visible at times. Maybe it can lower down and rest on his chest like when Cable would wear Cyclops' visor or it could be raised above his head. Or simply unhook at the sides like a pilots. I also think he would wear goggles with almost a night vision look to them. I also maybe colored him too brightly. Maybe the red coloring should look more like the Ultimate version. And the blackish, brownish, grayish color should look darker maybe. His helmet is light and silver like Ant Man's in the 616. It would also look similar to the Atom helmet I posted here. And without the mouthpeice it would look similar to Iron Man's when his faceplate isn't down yet. I tried to make a costume that merged the Ultimate and the 616, and make it look good for the real world while also making it look like the comic book, and at the same time a costume that would match the others and look good next to the Avengers when they are in a group shot.
I would combine these two costumes. Add some silver metalish areas to impry cybernetic parts to his costume and this helmet here:
1210074-ironman2.jpg
ant_man_movie_costume_by_artistneedham-d5b5hai.jpg

Last edited:

It looks like a real world version of his classic helmet. Just small minro little tweaks here and there.

That's the Atom, though. :doh:

That's the Atom, though. :doh:
I think he knows. Doesn't he?
Oh, I knew. I scanned it from a Hawkman book I was reading by Rags.
But it was like an epiphany. It looked perfect. It looked like a the Ant Man helmet only smaller and sleeker. Something they might do in the Ant Man movie.
I also drew and posted that helmet on a version of the costume i thought could work in the movie here:

This is my idea of what the movie costume could look like. Its a mix between the 616 Ant Man costume, with the red, black, and silver helmet, and the Ultimate version. Like the Captain America or the Hawkeye costume, Ant Man uses parts from the Ultimate while trying to stay true to the 616 version. His helmet I made a little smaller and less silly looking (I hope). I also thought that the actor might want more face time so his eyes are visible more than either the 616 or the Ultimate version. His mouthpiece also separates like a pilot's. So that he can also have more of his face visible at times. Maybe it can lower down and rest on his chest like when Cable would wear Cyclops' visor or it could be raised above his head. Or simply unhook at the sides like a pilots. I also think he would wear goggles with almost a night vision look to them. I also maybe colored him too brightly. Maybe the red coloring should look more like the Ultimate version. And the blackish, brownish, grayish color should look darker maybe. His helmet is light and silver like Ant Man's in the 616. It would also look similar to the Atom helmet I posted here. And without the mouthpeice it would look similar to Iron Man's when his faceplate isn't down yet. I tried to make a costume that merged the Ultimate and the 616, and make it look good for the real world while also making it look like the comic book, and at the same time a costume that would match the others and look good next to the Avengers when they are in a group shot.

1210074-ironman2.jpg
ant_man_movie_costume_by_artistneedham-d5b5hai.jpg

Oh, I knew. I scanned it from a Hawkman book I was reading by Rags.
But it was like an epiphany. It looked perfect. It looked like a the Ant Man helmet only smaller and sleeker. Something they might do in the Ant Man movie.
I also drew and posted that helmet on a version of the costume i thought could work in the movie here:

Ahh. Well, either way, I like your re-design. Maybe if it somehow covered up more of his face, I'd absolutely love it. But it's legit and I can see them going this route. :yay:

Ahh. Well, either way, I like your re-design. Maybe if it somehow covered up more of his face, I'd absolutely love it. But it's legit and I can see them going this route. :yay:
I thought that with an actor under the helmet and how most Marvel heroes end up without their mask or helmet, it might be a good idea to show as much of his face as possible while the helmet is on. Might get them to keep the helmet on more.
That is also why I thought the mouthpiece could be disconnected like a pilot's. So that he will still have his helmet on most of the way while still showing the actor's face.
I too think he would end up wearing goggles, for no other reason than they scream spy to me for some reason. But also because of what Pym is doing as Ant Man I see him needing goggles. I see the goggles looking like bug eyes. Maybe some fly eyes like the goggles he had in Avengers Forever:
Pacheco%20Carlos%20Sketch%2001%20Gian%20Man%20&%20the%20Wasp.jpg

Yeah, I love how that actually looks like an ant. I think Wright said they were going with a modern costume that has a lot of black in it, so it could be exactly that one

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"