Ant-Man costume thread

This is my idea of what the movie costume could look like. Its a mix between the 616 Ant Man costume, with the red, black, and silver helmet, and the Ultimate version. Like the Captain America or the Hawkeye costume, Ant Man uses parts from the Ultimate while trying to stay true to the 616 version. His helmet I made a little smaller and less silly looking (I hope). I also thought that the actor might want more face time so his eyes are visible more than either the 616 or the Ultimate version. His mouthpiece also separates like a pilot's. So that he can also have more of his face visible at times. Maybe it can lower down and rest on his chest like when Cable would wear Cyclops' visor or it could be raised above his head. Or simply unhook at the sides like a pilots. I also think he would wear goggles with almost a night vision look to them. I also maybe colored him too brightly. Maybe the red coloring should look more like the Ultimate version. And the blackish, brownish, grayish color should look darker maybe. His helmet is light and silver like Ant Man's in the 616. It would also look similar to the Atom helmet I posted here. And without the mouthpeice it would look similar to Iron Man's when his faceplate isn't down yet. I tried to make a costume that merged the Ultimate and the 616, and make it look good for the real world while also making it look like the comic book, and at the same time a costume that would match the others and look good next to the Avengers when they are in a group shot.
ant_man_movie_costume_by_artistneedham-d5b5hai.jpg
This goes along with my ideas. I can see the helmet opening up like
this so the actor's face would be more visible. And I can see the suit
being similar to this, with different sections to it with different materials
and more Ultimate like.
184072-24545-scott-lang.jpg

I'm thinking we'll get something similar to this.

detail.jpg

Love this because I don't really like Hanks original 616 outfit. The helmet is just clunky and silly if you ask me.

Black should be the dominating color with red accents, like here.

Maybe they can make his helmet sort of resemble Ultrons head. With hanks face where Ultron has all that dark matter/glowy stuf.

But anyway, colorscheme-wise they should definitely go with something like this.

Last edited:
I've always really enjoyed Ant-man's helmet, and I think taking away the antennae would take away a part of what makes Ant-man well... Ant-man. What I think would be cool is if the antennae only came out when he shrunk down (think when Wasp grows her wings) and that is what sent the brain wave signals to the ants he commands. What do you guys think? As for the rest of the helmet I think it should look vaguely like a gas mask.

I like this helmet^^^. I also like the retractable antennae idea too.

I'd go for the original without the antennas.

I might be jumping the gun, but I'm interested in seeing how they'll develop the costume if the series goes on and we end up with Giant Man, Yellow Jacket, etc.

As for the Ant-Man costume itself, I think we can almost guarantee that a mask/helmet won't make much of an appearance. I'm thinking goggles will be the go.

I might be jumping the gun, but I'm interested in seeing how they'll develop the costume if the series goes on and we end up with Giant Man, Yellow Jacket, etc.

As for the Ant-Man costume itself, I think we can almost guarantee that a mask/helmet won't make much of an appearance. I'm thinking goggles will be the go.
They will need to explain how he can talk to ants and the quickest way to do that would be that he invented a helmet that can do that for him. So I think we will get the helmet, but how much he wears it is another question.

I hope they do what Iron man did which is have the original mark one Iron Man armor then progress to the modern version. So Ant-Man starts out with his classic dome prototype helmet then quickly adapts it to to a more modern version.

They will need to explain how he can talk to ants and the quickest way to do that would be that he invented a helmet that can do that for him. So I think we will get the helmet, but how much he wears it is another question.

Ahh, that's true - unless they somehow decide to integrate the ant-talking (I'll admit right now I'm probably the least knowledgeable person about Pym ever, despite loving the few things I've read with him.) into goggles or a much smaller head-piece of some sort.

Thinking about it more the way Pym works is through Pym particles which are submitted through a gas. What if they meant more with a gas mask idea?

I'd go with the third one; it looks more presentable. Unless if they want to go Ultimates style;

Henry_Pym_%28Earth-1610%29_001.jpg

Hope they never go with that design; it's just a brown Fox X-men movie costume with a cowl and goggles.

The Ultimate version will have at least some influence over the costume in the movies. Just like the ultimate design influenced Captain America and Hawkeye's costume.

Here is a slightly revised version of my idea for Ant Man.
This is my idea of what the movie costume could look like. Its a mix between the 616 Ant Man costume, with the red, black, and silver helmet, and the Ultimate version. Like the Captain America or the Hawkeye costume, Ant Man uses parts from the Ultimate while trying to stay true to the 616 version. His helmet I made a little smaller and less silly looking (I hope). I also thought that the actor might want more face time so his eyes are visible more than either the 616 or the Ultimate version. His mouthpiece also separates like a pilot's. So that he can also have more of his face visible at times. Maybe it can lower down and rest on his chest like when Cable would wear Cyclops' visor or it could be raised above his head. Or simply unhook at the sides like a pilots. I also think he would wear goggles with almost a night vision look to them. I also maybe colored him too brightly. Maybe the red coloring should look more like the Ultimate version. And the blackish, brownish, grayish color should look darker maybe. His helmet is light and silver like Ant Man's in the 616. It would also look similar to the Atom helmet I posted here. And without the mouthpeice it would look similar to Iron Man's when his faceplate isn't down yet. I tried to make a costume that merged the Ultimate and the 616, and make it look good for the real world while also making it look like the comic book, and at the same time a costume that would match the others and look good next to the Avengers when they are in a group shot.
ant_man_movie_costume_2_by_artistneedham-d5fjyhi.jpg

It's already been confirmed that the costume includes a helmet that covers his face... That is, if they go with the costume that they used in the test footage, which the audience responded well to.

It's already been confirmed that the costume includes a helmet that covers his face... That is, if they go with the costume that they used in the test footage, which the audience responded well to.
Where was this confirmed? What test footage? Where can I see it?

It was the test footage seen at SDCC. Marvel has hinted that they'll be releasing it soon. Until then, someone made a hand-drawn video of what transpired (don't have the link on me, but I think it's in the news thread).

Shoot. Wish they would have already released it. Thanks.

By Chris Samnee
THORsketch16.jpg

THORsketch5.jpg

I thought I came up with a pretty original, yet realistic antman design for this poster I made! Click and check it out!

mqbhomofp

Looks good, the poster as a whole is pretty good.

tumblr_m8xdlkhXWW1rdrneqo1_500.jpg

tumblr_m8xdlkhXWW1rdrneqo2_500.jpg

for fun
At the time I found this it was a diagram of Pym's helmet:
scan0061.jpg

also found this on comicbookresources or something when I typed in Chris Samnee and Ant Man
made me think that maybe with Ant Man being a spy he could look very covert black ops SWAT like
1066626-aim.jpg

Last edited:
I thought I came up with a pretty original, yet realistic antman design for this poster I made! Click and check it out!

mqbhomofp

Lose the Hawkeye mask and give him wraparound shades instead, and I'll buy that team.

mqbhomofp

Great job, man! Although I also think Hawkeye's mask.. well it is pretty cool and interesting new look to the character in the films but to me it looks unfitting :joker:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"