Ant-Man: Easter Eggs & References (SPOILERS)

TheSpectacular

BOLBISAUR
Reaction score
Since the film will be out everywhere and some users have seen the film, it's only natural to have an Easter Eggs thread.

Those that have seen the film, go for it!

Cross is refering to the legend of the original Ant-Man and says something to the effect of "It's truly tales to astonish!".

At the end of the film when Falcon is looking for Lang his contact says he needs to be more specific about the powers because they have a guy who crawls on walls and swings around (Spidey obviously)

After Lang best Falcon he radios to somebody and tells them he really doesn't want Cap to find out about this

Mid credit scene is Hank giving Hope the Wasp prototype suit

End credits scene is Cap, Falcon and Bucky saying they can't call Stark about their current mission and Falcon says he knows who to call (Lang)

When Hank tells Lang about how dangerous the mission is and why it's so important the first thing Lang says is they should call the Avengers

That's all the ones I can remember off of the top of my head right now

End credits scene is Cap, Falcon and Bucky saying they can't call Stark about their current mission and Falcon says he knows who to call (Lang)

They're a group already? If you can't post how that happens, I'd gladly take a pm:woot:

Well this is a spoiler zone so I have no qualms about posting it. In the end credit scene Bucky is worn down and haggard and I think maybe cuffed to some type of large object (could be wrong though he may not be cuffed), and Cap and Falcon are there and are having some type of problem. Cap says they can't call stark and then Falcon says he knows who to call. We know this was actually a scene shot for Civil War that was used as the stinger for this film. So what problem they encountered is unknown but they need Ant-Man to solve it

Hank Pym makes reference to dropping cities from the sky ala age of Ultron.

Also, I got the impression that Falcon and Cap had just subdued Bucky and they were trying to figure out what to do with him. I think they something like "Tony is busy with the accords" or something.

Nice recap. I would add :

- the abandoned Stark warehouse where Scott is send to recover an old Hank Pym gadget. That "abandoned" warehouse turns out to be the new avengers HQ seen in Age of Ultron

- the presence, at the beginning of the movie, of an old Howard Stark and a 60 years old Agent Carter

- At this conference, there is also a very unlikable SHIELD agent who, of course (obvious Captain America : the winter Soldier reference), turns out to be a good old Hydra guy.

- Darren Cross wanting to sell Pym invention to Hydra

Here you go:

- Stan Lee appears in the movie during a comedic flashback montage as a bartender.

- The micro-verse is basically introduced, depicted but it's never called the micro-verse. Called an "alternate realm." Sort of lame they just wouldn't call it micro-verse, but whatever.

- One character at one point says, "Tales to Astonish," when recounting the history of the Ant-Man hero. I think it was Darren Cross.

Hank Pym makes reference to dropping cities from the sky ala age of Ultron.

Also, I got the impression that Falcon and Cap had just subdued Bucky and they were trying to figure out what to do with him. I think they something like "Tony is busy with the accords" or something.

Tony is probably dealing with the US government about Ultron, since Ultron was his invention that turned evil and threaten multiple lives.

Cross is refering to the legend of the original Ant-Man and says something to the effect of "It's truly tales to astonish!".

At the end of the film when Falcon is looking for Lang his contact says he needs to be more specific about the powers because they have a guy who crawls on walls and swings around (Spidey obviously)

After Lang best Falcon he radios to somebody and tells them he really doesn't want Cap to find out about this

Mid credit scene is Hank giving Hope the Wasp prototype suit

When Hank tells Lang about how dangerous the mission is and why it's so important the first thing Lang says is they should call the Avengers

That's all the ones I can remember off of the top of my head right now

Mmm I don't think its the prototype suit. It looks completely different. The new Wasp suit looks more modernized. I freaking love the Wasp scene. And the credits scene. Makes you actually desperate want to watch the sequel. I have a feeling Wasp might feature in Civil War as well. At least in the final act.

There are some concepts that are teased that might be important in the MCU.

Growing. One thing Cross cannot do is enlarging. Pym has been playing with that concept. The scenes involving the train, ant and tank are great.

Quantum Dimension/Zone. I wonder if they want to use like the Negative Zone in Civil War. Keeping the arrested supers contained. They found a way to get out, so why the hell not. The quantum dimension itself is very much like Interstellar.

Spider-Man is referenced. I'm surprised no one caught that.

Hank Pym is a very clever man.

I wonder why Cap and Falcon are not in costume. Why they need Scott was not explained. I wonder when this scene takes place in Civil War.

Man, Falcon needs some serious training. He gets completely destroyed by Scott. I actually feel bad for him.

One nitpick. In the first scene in 1989, there were four characters. One of the characters got punched by Hank. In present day, the guy did not grow old at all! Maybe they missed out on that.

There are scenes in the movie that got the cinema bonkers and cheering. I have to imagine that everyone loved the movie.

Two quotes to end my post.

I fought an Avenger and I didn't die!

That is one messed up dog!

Last edited:
Tony is probably dealing with the US government about Ultron, since Ultron was his invention that turned evil and threaten multiple lives.

The accords are probably what will become the worldwide superhero registration laws.

Mmm I don't think its the prototype suit. It looks completely different. The new Wasp suit looks more modernized. I freaking love the Wasp scene. And the credits scene. Makes you actually desperate want to watch the sequel. I have a feeling Wasp might feature in Civil War as well. At least in the final act.

Hank specifically tells Hope the suit is a prototype he and Janet were working on before her untimely demise

The stuff I caught

1)Avengers reference by Lang - "Lets call the avengers"

2)Tony Stark and Ironman reference by Pym - "wouldn't want stark to get his hands on this suit"

3)AOU reference by Pym (Country falling down)

4)Spiderman reference by a shield staff - Mentioned here

5)I am not sure if this is an easter egg... but the MCU version of Hope seems to behave more like the original wasp (her mum) than her comic counterpart (especially when she gets the wasp outfit_ and Darren Cross behaves more like Eric O'Grady (the 3rd Ant man) than his comic counterpart

6)Darren Cross also behaves quite similar to O' Stane from Ironman1. Balding. Corporate Evil Dude. After a suit created by a good guy...etc

7)Milgrom hotel - named after Al Milgrom known for his west coast avengers comics

8)Microverse - It was called Sub Atomic "something" in the movie. Pym mentions "a reality where all concepts of time and space are irrelevant". Have to say...this has to be somewhat releated to Doc Strange.

9)Hydra - They are truly still alive. And the Hydra dude run away with the yellowjacket formula (not sure if you can classify this under easter egg)

10)Stan lee cameo - I didn't catch it. But I heard from my frens that he was on the "dance floor" scene when Lang was in his "Ant-form".

11)The awesome post-credit scene

The stuff I caught

1)Avengers reference by Lang - "Lets call the avengers"

2)Tony Stark and Ironman reference by Pym - "wouldn't want stark to get his hands on this suit"

3)AOU reference by Pym (Country falling down)

4)Spiderman reference by a shield staff - Mentioned here

5)I am not sure if this is an easter egg... but the MCU version of Hope seems to behave more like the original wasp (her mum) than her comic counterpart (especially when she gets the wasp outfit_ and Darren Cross behaves more like Eric O'Grady (the 3rd Ant man) than his comic counterpart

6)Darren Cross also behaves quite similar to O' Stane from Ironman1. Balding. Corporate Evil Dude. After a suit created by a good guy...etc

7)Milgrom hotel - named after Al Milgrom known for his west coast avengers comics

8)Microverse - It was called Sub Atomic "something" in the movie. Pym mentions "a reality where all concepts of time and space are irrelevant". Have to say...this has to be somewhat releated to Doc Strange.

9)Hydra - They are truly still alive. And the Hydra dude run away with the yellowjacket formula (not sure if you can classify this under easter egg)

10)Stan lee cameo - I didn't catch it. But I heard from my frens that he was on the "dance floor" scene when Lang was in his "Ant-form".

11)The awesome post-credit scene

The Hydra dude is probably going to give the formula to Grant Ward and cause trouble for Agent Coulson and his team in season 3 of Agents of Shield

[YT]rdT89v2xASw[/YT]

So, did anyone catch the last easter egg he talks about? I think I might have, but it wasn't 100% clear so I will have to see it again to make sure. If anyone did catch it, can you describe it so it's easier to find? Thanks.

IIRC it was close to the end of the movie. A very short cameo though, appeared when Luis was going in circles trying to explain how he knew that an Avengers was going after Scott.

In fact, least impressionable cameo by Stan Lee ever IMO.

It was still fun to see Stan in there somewhere though.

[YT]rdT89v2xASw[/YT]

I am going to see it again just because of this. I didn't catch anything of what he talks about just the obvious ones that everyone is talking about here.

People in my audience "ooooohhh"-ed when Hank went on about how Tony's Iron Man tech was "cute" and bringing up the falling city.

Pretty clear that Pym still isn't a fan of the Stark family.

So, did anyone catch the last easter egg he talks about? I think I might have, but it wasn't 100% clear so I will have to see it again to make sure. If anyone did catch it, can you describe it so it's easier to find? Thanks.

Now I feel bad for having slow reflexes. Small details just easily get away when I watch movies with tons of it.

People in my audience "ooooohhh"-ed when Hank went on about how Tony's Iron Man tech was "cute" and bringing up the falling city.

Pretty clear that Pym still isn't a fan of the Stark family.

Who is a fan of the Starks in the MCU?

I noticed someone reading a newspaper with an article that I think said "who is to blame for Sokovia?" or something similar, but it went by very quickly.

I noticed someone reading a newspaper with an article that I think said "who is to blame for Sokovia?" or something similar, but it went by very quickly.

You are right, I remember seeing that headline as well :yay:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"