Anthony Michael Hall in TDK

Discussion in 'The Dark Knight' started by thatsabadoutfit, May 21, 2007.

?

AMH (as Mike Engel)...

1. Is (or will become) the Riddler.

2. Is simply a reporter.

3. Is (or will become) the Riddler.

4. Is simply a reporter.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Etienne

Etienne Well-Known Member

[BLACKOUT]Two-Face dies[/BLACKOUT] really? I thought [BLACKOUT]he was being set up for the third film.[/BLACKOUT]

2. Sub-Zero

Sub-Zero Ice Cold

so did i...so did i. that's what everyone on these boards is saying. i saddens me.

3. Schlosser85

Schlosser85 Watchful Protector

I don't think
    Engel dies, I heard his last scene is he's sitting at his desk with a sheet of paper that says WHO IS BATMAN, and drawing a big question mark

4. Fanticon

Fanticon Sneaky-Snake!

after reading all or most of the reviews with no mention of AMH in just about any of them...I guess its safe to say that his "best role of my career" quote was blown waaaayyyy out of proportion by press and fanboys...but mostly us. :)

Pretty much he was saying he was in good company and felt honored to be part of what they were making...knowing early on it was going to be something special and unlike anything the public has ever seen in a Batman film before.

5. Clark Kent

Clark Kent Superman

Wait, if they're gonna make Mike Engel the Riddler, then that just sucks, IMO. That means that they've invented a completely new character to take over the role of the Riddler. That's like what they did in Catwoman. What's wrong with using Edward Nashton?

6. Sub-Zero

Sub-Zero Ice Cold

i don't think he's the riddler at all. some moron took a pic of him on set wearing a suit and standing next to a Lamborghini, and they immediately claimed he was playing the riddler. amh said he didn't know how anyone would come to that conclusion. its not true. i don't believe the whole question mark at the end. i'm sure the joker kills him for interrupting his plan to make batman miserable.

7. bkey

bkey Well-Known Member

Thats just what some random cat said. I don't think its true. The reviews I have read said that there was no set up for new villians. I would go to the bank that that is not in the movie.

8. Etienne

[blackout]I don't think he dies[/blackout] who said this to begin with? I thought Nolan and co had basically said [blackout]that they were not going to kill any main villains.[/blackout]
    Well I heard that
    Engel impersonates Batman to give him a bad name then Joker captures him and kills him.

9. Schlosser85

Multiple reviews, including Moriarty on AICN and the Rotten Tomatoes reviewer.

And it's not Engel who impersonates Batman, it's
    Brian Douglass, the leader of a group of Batman-inspired vigilantes. The Joker captures him and kills him.

10. Etienne

Thats what heard too, [BLACKOUT]that he was a Batman/Bruce impersonator.[/BLACKOUT]

11. Etienne

12. Cagefighterkip

Cagefighterkip Mr. Golightly

ill put $ on AMH turning out being the Riddler in part3 ---

and ten bucks says 2face doesnt "die" but disapears and people of Gotham think hes dead, and returns in 3

13. Ollo

Ollo Guest

While it's hard to believe, some of the comments and expressions he's made during Gotham Tonight make it somewhat plausible. He obviously isn't a fan of Batman. I could see a scenario playing out where he becomes the Riddler out of spite. But who knows...

14. Cagefighterkip

if at 3am post midnight TDK screening there is no riddler/AMH setUp ill eat my words but id be shocked if that didnt happen...

i hope he does though, AMH is a good actor

15. turtlefocker

turtlefocker Well-Known Member

I'll take that bet [BLACKOUT]So since I know for a fact he dies... can you jsut send me the money now?[/BLACKOUT]

16. Cagefighterkip

you sound confident...
    so youve seen the movie?

17. raxor

raxor Well-Known Member

Instead of having an argument it's better you'll guys see the movie first before making assumptions..

18. Cagefighterkip

makes a point --
    this dude knows the time

19. laudanum09

laudanum09 romantysanthrope

just out of curiosity, does anyone remember the names of the fake batmen from grant morrison's run with batman lately? It was awesome in batman and sons, the three batmen, the demonic one, the bane-esque one, and the sort of bizarro batman that looked just like him but sucked and used a gun. But for some reason I remember one of their names being
    Brian. If it is Brian Douglass
    now that would just make me really really happy.

I have the comics I'm just too lazy to go find them right now, if anyone else is curious I'll get my lazy ass up and go check.

20. MiniBond

MiniBond Nobody does it better....

speaking of a set up for a next villain and all......I remember one of the critics said clearly that in his opinion he wouldn't be surprized that if one of the secondary characters in TDK (I don't think it's Engel but this guy, Reese) reveals himself to be a villain in part 3........of course it's his feeling !:cwink::cwink:

21. darkseid26

darkseid26 Well-Known Member

these are the guys you are talking about, big read found on wikipedia may be wrong.
    Three ghosts of Batman
    The Three ghosts of Batman is the fan-given name of a group of fictional characters, DC Comics supervillains and the name of the comics sub-plot in which they appear. These three individuals have appeared during Grant Morrison's run on Batman. All three have worn variants of his costume. All three of them have ties to the GCPD, as former policemen. In a strange twist, Batman explains to his butler Alfred Pennyworth, that he saw three similar figures in a past vision, but he believed it was merely a hallucination. As it turns out though, what Batman thought was a hallucination turned out to be a forgotten memory in which three men were chosen from the police force to train with Batman to replace him should anything ever happen to him. During the test Batman had himself isolated so that a Doctor Simon Hurt could study his moves and what drives him. During his time in the isolation experiment Batman hallucinated the death of Robin and was driven with guilt. When the three replacement Batmen came in to challenge them, he took them down easy. Dr. Hurt decided that the three Batmen needed to be driven by rage and sorrow, so he killed the third man's family, pouring glue in his brothers eyes, and carving up his sister. He also began adding venom and monster serum to the second cop, Bat-bane, until that cop was driven to kill his own family in rage. Doctor Hurt put hypnotic suggestions into Batman's head to help him forget the whole experience and dismiss it has a bad dream. The three replacement cops were hidden away to await the day they would return.

The Three Ghosts

Muller

Battled the Joker in Batman #655 (the first part of the Batman and Son storyline) who believed he was fighting the real Dark Knight. Using his years of experience of battling the real thing, the Joker nearly killed him.

Battered and bleeding, this impostor pulled out a handgun and shot the Joker in the face, disfiguring him even further. Later in the issue, Commissioner Gordon explains to Batman that he was an ex-cop who seemingly snapped and decided to "clean up the city" using vigilante methods.
    It is revealed in Batman #674, that this officer's name was Josef Miller. He was an ace marksman, but had both his hands broken by Batman while in the isolation chamber.

Branca

In Grant Morrison's Batman #664, Batman discovered that a pimp had been supplying an ex-policeman who lived on an abandoned facility with prostitutes. The women eventually turned up dead. Batman tracked him down and was severely beaten by the man, who was dressed in a mixture of Batman's and Bane's costumes. Batman suspected the imposter had used Hugo Strange's Monster Serum and daily venom shots to gain his size and strength.[3]
    Batman #674 established that this monster really was force fed the growth-enhancing serum of Hugo Strange and the strength-enhancing super-steroid Venom. This made him strong enough to lift a Batmobile over his head during his battle with Batman and Robin. It is also revealed that he was a family man by the name of Branca, who eventually killed his own family while driven by rage from the drugs that Doctor Hurt had put into him.

Lane

Batman #674 revealed that the third man's name is Lane. It never clarifies if that is a first or last name. This third Batman appears twice in two different times. First he appears to Bruce Wayne's son Damian. Damian has taken the mantle of the Batman some 10 to 20 years in the future. In Batman #666, an adult Damian has inherited the mantle of the Bat and is seen pursuing this third Batman "ghost" who has been systematically murdering Gotham's ganglords, claiming to be the son of the Antichrist come to begin the end of days. He is eventually killed by Damian, who throws him out the window of Hotel Bethlehem. This "Batman" uses the basic costume, seemingly upgraded with either Firefly's or Heatwave's flamethrower. Like the "Bane" ghost, his face is completely hidden by his mask (goggles and a metallic plate conceal his eyes and mouth).
    We see this third man again in the "present" storyline in Batman #672. Here he is referred to as the Third Man and attacks the Gotham City Police Department asking for Commissioner Vane. He then attacks Batman on the roof where he tosses him into the Batsignal. During the battle, Batman has a heart attack and goes into cardiac arrest. The Third Man then takes Batman and revives him with the intent to torture him in a rundown location. While Batman is captured with the Third Man, he has a series of visions that involve his final confrontation with Joe Chill who killed Bruce Wayne's parents, Thomas and Martha, some sort of isolation test Batman did earlier in his life, the death of Robin, the Thögal Ritual he endured in Nanda Parbat, and a visit from Batmite[5]. Batmite seems to encourage Batman to pull answers from the visions. These visions answer the question of where these three Batmen came from. With Batmite's help Batman remembers the isolation test and the three replacement police officers involved. Batman manages to escape from the Third Man, when the Third Man attempts to cut off Batman's hand. Batman had slid his hand completely out of his glove and while the Third Man is surprised, Batman attacks. Batman knocks a tray of acid onto the Third Man traps the third man to the floor. At this point the Third Man says to Batman, "this...this is your chance... if...if you kill me now, you can stop what's going to happen." Batman does not kill him so the Third Man continues, "well then, I...I have a side kick too...". At this point Bat-Bane comes through the wall with a rock. Before he can smash Batman though, he is shot in the head by Officer Farelli. During the confusion the Third Man escapes and Batman goes after him. Batman catches up to him but is too tired to follow him over the fence. The Third Man, standing on the opposite side of the fence tells him that his replacements are circling him like vultures because Batman's luck is about to run out and soon he'll be gone. The Third Man disappears into the mist.

22. SuperBatman

SuperBatman Well-Known Member

Yeah I read this review that said this

This Reese guy played by Joshua Harto finds out that Bruce Wayne is Batman. Now could they be setting up the Riddler Hush Storyline there I guess we will have to find out

23. AgentGraves!

AgentGraves! Well-Known Member

Heres the deal....

Reese (aka Anthony Michael Hall aka Brian Ralph Johnson) Thinks it's a good Idea to interview the Joker...BAD MISTAKE, the Joker then Assumes that he's Batman, Then Mister Reese (aka Anthony Michael Hall aka Brian Ralph Johnson) Dies...with a grin on his face

oh and I haven't seen these posted so check this out
    "It's A Funny World We Live In...."
    <object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mEKVMJK5NEY&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mEKVMJK5NEY&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

"Pretty Boy"

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/I5fv3pvHzm0&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/I5fv3pvHzm0&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

24. Schlosser85

ummm....Joshua Harto is Reese not Anthony Michael Hall, Anthony Michael Hall is Mike Engel. :huh:

25. bkey

bkey Well-Known Member

teehee silly agentgraves

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.