The Dark Knight Anthony Michael Hall in TDK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why would this movie be called Supermax? I know bugger-all about this character except where he has cropped up in Batman comics.

This is how I see it working. AMH is Green Arrow in a cameo in TDK. He's in Supermax and has some villian cameo, along with dozens of others, that eventually ends up being a villian in the next Superman movie. It all ties together potentially.

Anthony Michael Hall is playing Oliver Green and in the movie hes sent to prison setting up the Green Arrow movie Supermax. Just a thought.

at least know what your talking about before you come up with a bad idea.

This is how I see it working. AMH is Green Arrow in a cameo in TDK. He's in Supermax and has some villian cameo, along with dozens of others, that eventually ends up being a villian in the next Superman movie. It all ties together potentially.
Do you have a license to speak so much crap?

Just a daft idea this, they wont set up a different film in DK other than the 3rd Batman installment. D'you not think they have enough already to worry about?

Don't get the impression that I think it's a good idea, but who else is a Batman wannabe in the DC universe? Green Arrow comes to mind and I don't see why not. WB may be taking a clue from Marvel right now and start tying these universes together. WB wants a JL movie. The Superman we have now doesn't fit with the Batman we have now. A new Green Arrow could easily be made to fit in the Batman Begins type world. Goyer says he's involved with the Super Max idea and co-wrote BB, so I think something is up. But this is all based on pure speculation and rumor. AMH could just be playing a future villian cameo, but wouldn't he make a cool GA though?

A new Green Arrow could easily be made to fit in the Batman Begins type world.

Supermax features a prison for super powered villains. There will be no super-powered villains in Nolans trilogy.

wouldn't he make a cool GA though?

No. GA needs a better actor with a larger profile. Someone tougher than AMH.

Anyone catch him on Entourage last night?? Classic scene.

No. GA needs a better actor with a larger profile. Someone tougher than AMH.

Matthew McConaughey would be my choice.

Just look at his character in Reign of Fire, give him hair and less of a country accent. Put him in a green Robin Hood-like outfit and you've got Green Arrow.

Though the Nigma rumor is more than likely b.s., has anyone considered the option that if it weren't, AMH could be playing both Nigma AND the Bat-wannabe? Maybe Nigma in his early development looks up to Batman, but when he pisses him off, he decides to become a villain...

I dunno....just throw things out there....

Though the Nigma rumor is more than likely b.s., has anyone considered the option that if it weren't, AMH could be playing both Nigma AND the Bat-wannabe? Maybe Nigma in his early development looks up to Batman, but when he pisses him off, he decides to become a villain...

Sounds like a crazy theory

Funny...my initial reaction was to think "no way man. Don't mess with Riddlers origin! Don't sell out!"

But then I thought...What the hell IS Riddlers origin? I don't even know.
Funny how knee-jerk my fan-boy nazism can be. :cwink:

ps: I'm calling myself a fan-boy. It's ok.

Yeah i thought of that, but there's no way it would work. It's too far from the character in the comics who's definitely more of a cerebral, underhanded schemer than an ambitious and physically inclined idealist. Unless he becomes crippled a pissed off vigilante would end up a different sort of villain than the Riddler.

I think a combination of characters is definitely possible though. Edward Nash as the brilliant yet corrupt assistant to Harvey Dent, or an FBI criminal profiler working on the Joker and Batman (he's being paid by Maroni) at the same time.

Just got back from Riddler's wiki.

Man, this character is very rich. Lots of heady stuff to mine for Nolan's world.
I picture some effete MIT student-type into drugs and some sort of eccentric club scene who's into green clothes and wears purple eye shadow...sort of like Macauly Culkin in Party Monster.
But he's obsessive compulsive, has extreme issues with inadequecy and uses his cypher oriented, game theory, chaos majik genius to compose elaborate hoaxes that cause catastrophic damage. He cannot help but showboat his genius by goading the authorities with clues.
And this is where we will finally see Bruces detective skills.
Not what I think will happen. Just a fantasy scenario I like to toy with.

Just got back from Riddler's wiki.

Man, this character is very rich. Lots of heady stuff to mine for Nolan's world.
I picture some effete MIT student-type into drugs and some sort of eccentric club scene who's into green clothes and wears purple eye shadow...sort of like Macauly Culkin in Party Monster.
But he's obsessive compulsive, has extreme issues with inadequecy and uses his cypher oriented, game theory, chaos majik genius to compose elaborate hoaxes that cause catastrophic damage. He cannot help but showboat his genius by goading the authorities with clues.
And this is where we will finally see Bruces detective skills.
Not what I think will happen. Just a fantasy scenario I like to toy with.
I did that as well. Had an argument with someone a while ago about Riddler's origin, amongst other things, and was just directed to Wiki. Where it didn't really specify it. 'Four of a Kind', the TPB collection of various villain's origins, did a good Riddler one, which played off his ego and intelligence. Nice story, though the art wasn't up to much.

Mmmmmmmmmm. Query and Echo.

710px-Query_and_Echo_Blasting_OffB.JPG

Hi,

Don't know whether anyone has posted this idea yet (a cursory scan through the thread suggests not, but if so, I apologise)

AMH as a 'Bat-wannabe' - a good guy who is also a bad guy:

DEADSHOT
He initially appeared in Gotham City as a new crimefighter, but was revealed to be an enemy of Batman when he attempted to replace the Dark Knight. When this plan failed, he attempted to become king of Gotham's Underworld. Batman and Commissioner Gordon publicly exposed his plot, and he went to jail.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadshot_(comics)

or even:

THE CAVALIER
Who was given a similar backstory when he was reinvented in Legends of the Dark Knight.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cavalier_(comics)

Yet I suppose with everything else going in this film (Joker origin, setting up Dent's downfall) there probably wouldn't be enough screentime.

But as a cameo in the same vein of Mr Zsasz... Deadshot or The Cavalier would rock! And would tie in nicely with the 'escalation' theme. Not just the criminals being inspired by Batman to take on elaborate disguises / motifs, but would-be vigilantes too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"