Sequels Anticipation For Man of Steel

^^ I'm with you Green.

LL, give us evidence, or give us silence. Take your pick.

LL will give us nothing but his own opinions stated as fact.

I will be going to see SR2 in '09 in a heartbeat, its my most anticipated movie at the moment.

Dont get me wrong, if the sequel were gonna look something like B&R (which I doubt) I wouldnt see it, so I voted for wait and see before deciding. Its much to early in the game to committ yourself without knowing anything about the story/villain(s) yet..

Anticipation for sequel straight to DvD :cwink:

There is not, going to be a sequel!
There will be a Reboot in 7 - 10 years

Care to wager??, i'm confident enough with what i've heard to bet on it.:D

Anticipation for sequel straight to DvD :cwink:

There is not, going to be a sequel!
There will be a Reboot in 7 - 10 years

I agree about no sequel - ain't happening.

But I never felt a reboot, which is what I want and the only way to save the franchise now, would come in 7 or even 10 years. Ain't happening IMHO.

Its going to be 15 years at least. I am not as confident now that it will even be 15 years - with the JLA series coming and if it is a success I would not be shocked to see WB put the Superman film franchise on virtually indefinite hold - as in 20 or more years before they try a reboot. Fouc instead on Batman - they are already in preliminary plans for Batman 3 and Flash, WW, GL and others. GL will be more successful by far than even a good Superman film IMO.

The JLA and all the potentially lucrative characters it may spawn casts a shadow over Superman and could hinder a future reboot.

Dude, you say JLA is happening, and MoS isn't. Seems that you can accept one set of facts, then conveniently ignore another.

Such as this:

Prior to the debut of Superman Returns in the United Kingdom, Brandon Routh hinted at the possibility of the sequel at a press conference, saying "At the end of this film we see that there is so much more to explore." Newsarama reported from the 2006 San Diego Comic-Con that director Bryan Singer had been in talks to direct a sequel for 2009.[37] According to the article, Singer said that while Superman Returns allowed him to introduce the cast, the sequel would allow him to 'go Wrath of Khan on it.' He added that there would be an alien villain. In another interview on Superherohype.com, Singer indicated a possible return of the New Krypton island.[38]

On August 18, 2006, the Los Angeles Times reported that Warner president Alan Horn thought that Superman Returns "was a very successful movie" and that he was planning on a sequel for 2009.[citation needed] It had been thought that a Superman Returns sequel hinged on the film's domestic box office performance, with some media outlets suggesting that Warner Bros. wanted it to take in at least $200 million in the United States for a sequel to get the green light. The film officially passed the $200 million domestic mark on October 22, 2006.[2] On October 25, 2006, IESB.net reported that a deal between director Bryan Singer and Warner Bros. had been finalized for a sequel. The budget will reportedly be reduced; however, the existing sets would contribute to lower costs across the board for the upcoming movie. In addition any sunk costs for the abortive sequels in the 1990s would not be included in the budget. The sequel is expected to be more action focused than its predecessor.[39]

The working title for the sequel has been reported, and neither confirmed nor denied, as Superman: The Man of Steel.[40] The focus will be on a tighter story with more villains and bigger action sequences.

From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman_Returns#Sequel

Compare that, three paragraphs in wikipedia, with this for Justice League:

On February 22, 2007 Variety announced that Warner Brothers had hired Kiernan and Michele Mulroney to write a treatment for a potential Justice League movie. No announcement was made on the characters, actors, or crew involved.

From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justice_League#In_other_media

Seems to me like SR has plenty more info on a sequel, and is thus probably more likely (see the bold text) than a JLA movie.

Now if you can present your own evidence, then please, enlighten me.

Like I said, give us evidence, or give us silence.

Dude, you say JLA is happening, and MoS isn't. Seems that you can accept one set of facts, then conveniently ignore another.

Such as this:

From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superman_Returns#Sequel

Compare that, three paragraphs in wikipedia, with this for Justice League:

From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Justice_League#In_other_media

Seems to me like SR has plenty more info on a sequel, and is thus probably more likely (see the bold text) than a JLA movie.

Now if you can present your own evidence, then please, enlighten me.

Like I said, give us evidence, or give us silence.

JLA is not a definite go but WB is high on it and I'd say the odds favor it more than an SR sequel.

Do a google search on JLA Movie and then do a news search. Far more articles than you will find doing the same for a SR sequel.

Plus Robinov himself is very hot on JLA if you read some of those articles which quote him.

Now contrast that to an SR sequel - Robinov and Horn have said nothing since October.

Methinks WB knows where the money lies and the franchise future too.

They will fast track it though being ready for 2009 - the first JLA film - will be a tough row to hoe. 2010 looks more likley as some of those articles say.

What is the reason they can't have both a Superman Sequel and a JLA movie, I don't understand why one cancels out the other.

This JLA project will be in limbo for years. They wont ever be able to come together on how to do massive movie. WB is having trouble with individual projects let alone a JLA movie.

What is the reason they can't have both a Superman Sequel and a JLA movie, I don't understand why one cancels out the other.

Its all about money and getting Legendary to cough up close to 100 million. Now tell me, a JLA film or an SR sequel. What do you think Legendary will go for? WB needs them either way. JLA in 2010 or 2009 pretty much kills MOS IMO.

Its all about money and getting Legendary to cough up close to 100 million. Now tell me, a JLA film or an SR sequel. What do you think Legendary will go for? WB needs them either way. JLA in 2010 or 2009 pretty much kills MOS IMO.

Legendary signed a deal for 25 movies, but they are not the only co-financier that WB has signed with. Don't forget Village Roadshow or Participant Prods.

Also as part of the 25 movie deal Legendary will also be doing their own movies. The contract is for 5 to 6 movies a year so JLA might not even be included, and the deal might be up.

Legendary is irrelevant either way.

Exactly. WB doesn't need Legendary Pictures in order to produce a Superman movie. Although even that is pointless, considering Legendary said they'd be up for a Superman sequel after--or it may have even been before--the film reached the $200 million mark.

Legendary signed a deal for 25 movies, but they are not the only co-financier that WB has signed with. Don't forget Village Roadshow or Participant Prods.

Also as part of the 25 movie deal Legendary will also be doing their own movies. The contract is for 5 to 6 movies a year so JLA might not even be included, and the deal might be up.

I disagree - WB will not cough up the full 175 million or so for an SR sequel if Legendary walks. Legendary has plenty of better "best" than a Singer sequel. JLA for one.

I disagree - WB will not cough up the full 175 million or so for an SR sequel if Legendary walks. Legendary has plenty of better "best" than a Singer sequel. JLA for one.

You missed the point, LL. There are several other production companies WB could go to if they so desired.

Did you read my post? Lengendary is irrelevant, but WB has other co-financiers already, and will have more again. It doesn't have to be Legendary.

Did you read my post? Lengendary is irrelevant, but WB has other co-financiers already, and will have more again. It doesn't have to be Legendary.

If Legendary balks why would you expect other companies to jump in? The financials are the financials and they simply are not there for an SR sequel. You may love Superman, I may too, but these co-financiers have to answer to their shareholders. Love of Superman or nostolgia for the character will carry little weight when push comes to shove in the next couple of months.

LL, I didn't know you were such a Brandon fan - you're constantly living in Denial. ;)

For those who don't get it, Denial is the short film (which is now available on iTunes) that Brandon made just before SR.

If Legendary balks why would you expect other companies to jump in? The financials are the financials and they simply are not there for an SR sequel. You may love Superman, I may too, but these co-financiers have to answer to their shareholders. Love of Superman or nostolgia for the character will carry little weight when push comes to shove in the next couple of months.

I am not saying Legendary is going to walk, you invented that theory. Legendary is not relying on monetary gain from one movie, they have signed a 25 movie deal. Heck they backed Beerfest. They also backed Lady in the Water.

Do you think WB lives and dies by Legendary Pictures?

They are currently contributing to Mike Dougherty's Trick R Treat, draw your own connections from that.

I am not saying Legendary is going to walk, you invented that theory. Legendary is not relying on monetary gain from one movie, they have signed a 25 movie deal. Heck they backed Beerfest. They also backed Lady in the Water.

Do you think WB lives and dies by Legendary Pictures?

They are currently contributing to Mike Dougherty's Trick R Treat, draw your own connections from that.

You are a bright guy no doubt and a true fan. Legendary aside,I can't fathom why you, as an obvious die-hard Superman fan, settle for the crap Singer gave us. At a time when Spidey and FF2 are getting the Cadillac treatment.

As I told someone else, for the life of me I can't figure some of you guys at times.

This is Superman - there should be no second rate writers, actors, FX or editing. We were had by Singer's wack pack and that an ever smaller group, thankfully it is shrinking, still tries to defend this mediocrity is beyond me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"