Antje Traue IS Faora in The Man of Steel - Part 2

f08b.jpg

xzus.jpg
I love the Facebook post:

Man of Steel's Antje Traue in SEVENTH SON

So does Antje have a big role, or a they trying to get all of her new fans to see the movie? Or both?!

EDIT: Part 2!

Is that real? If so, why isn't she in the trailer? Are they just using her now to get some traction, even though she isn't in the film all that much? I'd hate that if true.

If your ex-girlfriend looks like Antje Traue, then I need her phone number!

Pics or it isn't Traue!

LOL, I would, but I don't think that would be right plastering her image on the net:word: You don't have to believe me...but trust me lol. She's drop dead gorgeous. Coincidentally, she's kind of a hard-ass, too (she's a cop.) You can't make this stuff up haha.

Is Faora Returning to DC Comics? The Mysteries of the Superman/Wonder Woman Gatefold Cover

Tony Daniel has posted his full pencils for the first issue for the Superman/Wonder Woman Cover and it is very nice and shows some characters that we haven't seen for a while.

If you saw Man of Steel, and I'm sure quite a few of you did, the one character that everyone agreed was done well was Faora, played by Antje Traue. I enjoyed seeing a female character that broke traditional conventions and was a totally evil badass.

So it was interesting looking at the pencils Daniels posted to see this character standing next to a character who looks like General Zod (Channeling Superman II Terence Stamp not Michael Shannon):

xa2o.png

That sure looks like Faora.

[...]

Faora, of course, originated in comics and also appeared in the Smallville TV show. But both those versions were quite different looking.

Honestly, I'd easily trade you the Pandora book for one with Faora, but then I don't make those decisions.

The rest of the full gatefold cover follows.

The cover features many characters from the cast of both Superman and Wonder Woman.

id2s.jpg

[...]
via DC Women Kicking Ass

ma97.jpg
i95t.jpg

Last edited:
That is all kinds of awesome. Also love that Faora looks like Antje. That would be great if it turned out to be true. Especially if the character looked like her.

Zod (?, far left, next to/behind Faora) not looking like Michael Shannon's Zod is a bit of a bummer though.

LOL, I would, but I don't think that would be right plastering her image on the net:word: You don't have to believe me...but trust me lol. She's drop dead gorgeous. Coincidentally, she's kind of a hard-ass, too (she's a cop.) You can't make this stuff up haha.

Lucky you!:woot:

I'm gonna see Seventh Son just for Antje, it looks decent but I have a feeling it will bomb

Antje kicked mega ass as Faora, So if she is the cause of bring Faora back into Superman stories. I welcome it.

From the waist up it looks like her pre-Phantom Zone armor. The crest looks exactly like the one in MOS too.

they make Faora look like that in the comics, Superman better get his Man Of Steel suit cause I am sick and tired of that **** armor he's wearing, I've said it before and I'll say it to the day when they finally burn that ****, Superman wearing armor is exactly like putting a bullet proof vest on a TANK!!.

I hope Faora looks like Antje in the comics, and that she gets a good story ark :)

Nice job by Tony Daniel, but I don't care much for the checkered-like pattern he gave her costume. I know the MOS undersuits sort of look like chain-mail, but not like that! Kudos to him for apparently being one of the few artists capable of making the new 52 suit look good though!

Last edited:
Is that real? If so, why isn't she in the trailer? Are they just using her now to get some traction, even though she isn't in the film all that much? I'd hate that if true.

as I stated earlier: Antje is not in the first trailer. There will be more trailers.
Basically with Jeff Bridges, Julianne Moore and the "main guy" you already have a lof of people in the trailer. So Antje has to wait :cwink:

as I stated earlier: Antje is not in the first trailer. There will be more trailers.
Basically with Jeff Bridges, Julianne Moore and the "main guy" you already have a lof of people in the trailer. So Antje has to wait :cwink:
The baddest woman in the universe does not wait for anyone. :o

seems to always be the case, she didnt show up in the Man Of Steel trailers till #3 :( but Antje is worth the wait :p

The one thing that kinda worried me, it's the fact that Antje herself seems not to be really interested in that kind of roles. I think she mentioned that once in an interview...

Actually I think Antje wouldn't like it to be solely an action star. But I think she would be quite happy with a mix of roles like e.g. Angelina Jolie gets it - from Lara Croft to Mr. & Mrs. Smith to The Tourist - that contains some action.

In this video Shannon says that she would be a great Super-Woman, and Antje seems to like the idea.
[YT]mFEhQrc6rNI[/YT]

btw: these two are so cute together, they smile, they look at each other during the whole interview, they listen closely to the other, they ask questions... Looks like the have a crush for each other :woot:

I know this is is Antje's Forum, but Micheal Shannon for Mean Dark Knight Returns Superman :D

Love Antje's cute little giggle there :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"