Antje Traue IS Faora in The Man of Steel

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's the reason for Faora's hate for men? I mean she takes orders from one, so how does that work? Sure you can hate your boss and still work for them, but I get the impression their dynamic is much more then that.

I've been thinking they might have Faora's be obsessed with carrying out their original mission objective: kill the unnatural Kryptonian. So while Zod feels the situation needs to be adapted to, she sticks to her guns and that's why they ultimately fight each other.

What's the reason for Faora's hate for men? I mean she takes orders from one, so how does that work? Sure you can hate your boss and still work for them, but I get the impression their dynamic is much more then that.

I don't think her hate is that black and white. She probably shares goals and views with Zod and thus sees serving him as a vessel for that. She respects his skills and vision, but don't have much over for him specifically as a man.

It's not like she wants all men dead on the spot. She thinks women should rule over men. And every man she doesn't like, she think is eligible to kill.

Last edited:
I've been thinking they might have Faora's be obsessed with carrying out their original mission objective: kill the unnatural Kryptonian. So while Zod feels the situation needs to be adapted to, she sticks to her guns and that's why they ultimately fight each other.

More like kill the natural Kryptonian. :oldrazz:

I'm not too familiar with Faora character, but it is possible that She'll turn on Zod and help Superman somewhat?

There's was a photo of Faora grabbing/reaching Lois Lane and Superman just stood there doing nothing. Maybe She is helping them? Like putting kryptonian technology on Lois to protect her?

The caption that came with that photo was that Faora is putting a breathing mask on Lois when they take her and Supes aboard their ship since the atmosphere is different from Earth's. She doesn't help them. All of the media coverage of the movie has referred to be being an ice queen, psychopath, killing machine, etc.

The caption that came with that photo was that Faora is putting a breathing mask on Lois when they take her and Supes aboard their ship since the atmosphere is different from Earth's. She doesn't help them. All of the media coverage of the movie has referred to be being an ice queen, psychopath, killing machine, etc.

Thank you. I didn't know about that.

That seems to imply that humans and Kryptonians don't breathe the same kind of air.

It does indeed and that makes sense if you take the idea of Kryptonian life being photosynthetic (and thus solar powered) to its logical conclusion. They should inhale/use carbon dioxide and exhale oxygen as waste product.

Wait, I've never seen Faora presented as Zod's wife or even girlfriend in the comics. What universe does this happen in?
The pre-new 52 comics. They had a son together, Lor-Zod, also known as Nightwing or Christopher Kent.

Ursa (created for the 1978 Superman movie), Mala (Superman The Animated Series), Aerthy (Smallville episode 'Arrival') and prehaps a few others are all variations of the same character Faora Hu-Ul (created in 1977). The usual main character traits of Faora - her enmity against men and kinship with Zod in sharing the same goal. Being wife or having relationship with Zod goes against Faora's character traits.

Yeah I know Ursa is originally a version of Faora, but they are still two different characters. The character named Faora has to my knowledge never been romantically linked with Zod in the regular comics. Only in Smallville.

Yeah I know Ursa is originally a version of Faora, but they are still two different characters. The character named Faora has to my knowledge never been romantically linked with Zod in the regular comics. Only in Smallville.
Yes, don't worry. I don't know much about Smallville since I have not watch it with any regularity. I was just pointing out to others that Ursa, Mala et al are different characters with base personality drawn from the character of Faora.

All of these Kryptonians were base off Foara:

Ursa
Mala
Zaora (Crisis on Infinite Earths)
Aerthy
and others that I may notknow of

But the fact remains that Faora's first live action appearance was on Smallville, apparently as Zod's wife:whatever:. Antje Traue's Faora will be the first silver screen appearance and I hope that she does the Faora character the justice.

Well hello...

fao1.jpg

MOS is shaping out to be many great things, and I think most of us can agree that one of those things is that I can't remember the last time when a comic book film had so many beautiful and talented actresses starring in it.lol

What magazine is the new pic of Faora (and Jor El) from?

Bad ass written all over that :hrt:
I can read a bit of the text on the side, there's something that says 'violence is her s' - I'm assuming it's going to say violence is her speciality. Bad ass indeed. I love this armour, it's one of the best promo shots we've seen so far. When I first saw it, I thought she was wearing it and nothing else under there.

You know she's evil because there is mousse in her hair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"