Antje Traue IS Faora in The Man of Steel

Status
Not open for further replies.
I definitely have a feeling that we're going to get a story heavily influenced by Birthright, however in MOS it would appear there's going to be a real Kryptonian invasion of some sort (even if it's only two Kryptonians) and Superman's going to be forced to choose between Earth and Krypton. And personally, I'd really like if they explored that, because I feel like a lot of writers have tended to overemphasize Superman's longing for his lost homeworld rather than accepting and embracing that Earth is his new one.

I don't like that this means that Superman himself is again the reason why Earth is in trouble. This is not a good message.

I don't like that this means that Superman himself is again the reason why Earth is in trouble. This is not a good message.
it all depends on the circumstances of the story. if Zod tracks Kal-El's signal to Earth then, yes Superman would be the reason why Earth is in trouble.......but if Zod has no control of how he ends up on Earth and just happens to arrive on our planet through an odd coincidence then Superman will be the reason why Earth has hope.

it all depends on the circumstances of the story. if Zod tracks Kal-El's signal to Earth then, yes Superman would be the reason why Earth is in trouble.......but if Zod has no control of how he ends up on Earth and just happens to arrive on our planet through an odd coincidence then Superman will be the reason why Earth has hope.

The second option is weaker storytelling.

even with possibility of supes being why zod comes to earth there is no problem with that superman will just have to earn their trust and respect and show where his allegiance lies

I definitely have a feeling that we're going to get a story heavily influenced by Birthright, however in MOS it would appear there's going to be a real Kryptonian invasion of some sort (even if it's only two Kryptonians) and Superman's going to be forced to choose between Earth and Krypton. And personally, I'd really like if they explored that, because I feel like a lot of writers have tended to overemphasize Superman's longing for his lost homeworld rather than accepting and embracing that Earth is his new one.

I'd like to see him doing both. Embracing Earth as his new home while at the same time wondering what his home world was like. Maybe Zod would lie to him about what Krypton was like and Superman would learn the truth somehow. A recording from Jor-El perhaps?

even with possibility of supes being why zod comes to earth there is no problem with that superman will just have to earn their trust and respect and show where his allegiance lies

It would still be better if Superman first solved other crises.

I really like her for the role!!
t889cmn9o02ff29.jpg

1662644_pbrp.jpg

600full-antje-traue.jpg

yeah, typical rugged German face, but i think they are actually going for the accent here. A little bit cheap, but okay.

Really liked her in Pandorum (loved that movie overall). Inspired choice. Also, glad it's Faora and not Ursa.

I like Ursa, there's nothing wrong with Ursa. Faora, by far is a better choice; but, there's nothing wrong with Ursa.

So today we get two new trailers for X-Men and a casting announcement for Superman? It's superhero overload today.

I'm loving it! :grin:

I kind of love that we got an unknown for this after all the "names" that were thrown about. I don't know about her acting, but she certainly looks perfect for the part, imo.

I kind of love that we got an unknown for this after all the "names" that were thrown about. I don't know about her acting, but she certainly looks perfect for the part, imo.

I'm consistently amazed at how wrong the fan casting turns out to be. I think we've named every actor in Hollywood and it seems like the only person we didn't mention is cast. :funny:

I'm consistently amazed at how wrong the fan casting turns out to be. I think we've named every actor in Hollywood and it seems like the only person we didn't mention is cast. :funny:

Which is both a bad thing, and a good thing, considering the actors that some fans wanted.:doh:

Overall...it's a good thing that movies are left to moviemakers.

well she looks like a great choice! i haven't seen her acting so i can't comment on that but judging from the cast so far, she's probably a good actress as well. i also think shes quite attractive, and i'm glad shes not a waifish starlet. i could definately buy that she is a kryptonian, she would fit in with cavill and shannon.

She definitely looks like she could pull off beautiful and dangerous.

I guess, I don't really find him that interesting plus he's already been used (people haven't forgotten Supes II).

But we're not guaranteed the same Zod from Supes II, that's why I really look forward to Shannon's portrayal of the character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"