Anubis' Greats of Comic Art (DC Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.
timm_batmanVampire.jpg

timm_supesLois.jpg

Wait untill I upload the Marvel stuff he has. It will blow you away.

i always wanted to this masterpiece in a long time but i guess i didn't have, but i'll give a moment though...

Shazam01.jpg

How about Alan Davis? The guy can practically draw anything and anyone pretty good (Sorry don't have any scans - can anyone help?)

I had gathered up some Alan Davis art, he's one of my faves, but hadn't posted it yet. Thanx for snapping me out of my laziness.:D

adventuresoftheoutsiders-36-dc-nm.jpg

x2306.jpg

cvra415.jpg

4966_12994_1.jpg

Thanks Tropico - Davis Rocks.
Btw, (slightly off topic) - I've often thought i'd love to know what Alan Davis opinion of Bryan Hitch's artwork,seeing as how Hitch changed his style to copy Davis' some time back, I believe with was Death's Head 2 for Marvel UK'S 'Overkill title, (anyone who used to get the UK editions of G.I.Joe/Action Force will know what I mean - Hitch had a totally different style back in the day!) although Hitch has evolved more since, adding a bit more realism to his work.
The same goes for Paul Pelletier (used to draw the Outsiders and Green Lantern) he copied Davis' style also. Would love to know what an artist thinks when someone imitates his style.

Yeah, I remember there was a time when it was obvious that Hitch was aping some of Davis' artistic elements. I know that it isn't obvious in the pics I posted but I've always loved how he can draw different body styles in one comic. I loved that about him in Excalibur, Kitty wasn't an uber breasted babe and you could actually see the difference in body structures between Nightcrawler, Capt. Britain and Kylun.

Woah! Nice collage. Tom Raney and Brian Hitch definitely rule. I can also recognize Jim Lee and Travist Charest (who is also cool).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"