Any good TMNT comics out there?

Discussion in 'Misc. Comics' started by Sabretooth, Mar 11, 2006.

1. Odin's Fury Registered

AWESOME thanks so much Bah Humbug.

2. BAH HUMBBUG! There's an invisible man

Word :up:

I have 1-3 and have read 4. Great story :up:

3. Mandi-chan Registered

Where'd you hear that? *please don't let it be a rumor! Let it be real!*

I bought collected books 2-5 and all the City at War issues that the official site had for sale, but that was 4 weeks ago and they haven't arrived yet.

Has anyone else ordered from the official site? How long did it take for you to get your order?

4. deathshead2 Registered

Its true peter said it at the comment section at the back of last months TMNT I think or was it the month before that. But anyway its true.

5. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

So... ordering from the official site is not a good idea? I was considering ordering all of the original Mirage stuff in one fell swoop.

6. Mandi-chan Registered

According to the official site it would take 3-6 weeks for your order to come, so I'm probably just being paranoid about it.

However, when I asked someone who had bought from the site how long it took for them, they said they got it in about a week and a half.

Maybe they live closer to Northampton?

Anyway, that's great about the graphic novels. I hope they do the entire series (as in all 63 issues of vol 1, and all of Tales vol 1) cause that would rock!

7. Mandi-chan Registered

I got my comics in the mail yesterday, I just thought I'd announce it here to reassure those who were concerned or nervous about buying from the official site.

They were in good condition, I was very pleased!

8. MSUdawgs163 Registered

I recently made a torrent for all of volume one that I have. It has all of the ones in continuity except for the one shots.

9. Elijya Registered

we don't allow links to torrents here, fyi MSU

10. MSUdawgs163 Registered

I don't see any links....do you?

11. Elijya Registered

That's why it's fyi, in case you were planning on posting them, which seemed like a possibility. Just letting you know in case you didn't.

12. Not Jake Registered

So, um, are they re-releasing the original stuff in new trades or what. Because I have been looking for the Collected Book vol 1 for like, ever, and nobody on ebay/amazon never has it. I would rather like an actual new copy of the original tale

13. MSUdawgs163 Registered

Oh alright thanks for the info.

14. Harlekin Business

I'd love to have that collected edition. :eek:

15. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

16. Themanofbat Never Mind the Buttocks...

I've got a 4th printing of the original #1, a second printing of #2, and original copies of 3 up, as well as an original Raphael One Shot, which along with issue #3, are bigger than comic book size because the original prints of the first 3 issues were printed by a company that had never printed comics before. :D

And it was good stuff storywise... unlike the sugar coated crap that the TMNT became for the younger kids...
    :)

17. Not Jake Registered

those seem to be the real deal, the collected books. Though vol 1 isn't available, as is the same with everywhere, ever.

18. TheCorpulent1 SHAZAM!

Yeah, it blows. My library's got a copy of the first volume, which I read and loved, but I haven't heard of anywhere else having it. Maybe I'll steal it whenever I move.

19. Mr. Walters Shulkie's Love Slave

I have a ton of TMNT comics, but only the first 15 or so are really good. Then it was pretty bad until the City at War series. For awhile the books got as campy as the cartoon. But any Turtle fan should get at least the first 15 issues and the one issue micro series'

20. Mandi-chan Registered

Return to New York was great too, IMO.

I'm only interested in Volume 1 issues (I have collected books 2-5, Return to New York, and City at War parts 3-13)...so I still need to get collected book 1 and City at War parts 1 and 2.

I think Volume 1 was an appropriate place to end the comic, it seemed to wrap things up nicely in the last issue.

Volume 2 and onward don't sound that good. It should have ended with Volume 1.

21. Mr. Walters Shulkie's Love Slave

Volume 2,3, & 4 are decent for hardcore TMNT fans. Caertainly less campy than the middle of volume one.