Any ready-for-TV African-American actors who could portray Blade?

How about TJ Storm?

tjface.jpg

He was the African pirate/swordsman from the Conan TV series. He's definitely got the martial arts part of the role covered.

Philly Phanboy said:
How about TJ Storm?

tjface.jpg

He was the African pirate/swordsman from the Conan TV series. He's definitely got the martial arts part of the role covered.

Very cool suggestion! A pretty out-there one, but I'm very pleased with it. It's my favorite idea so far.

Kevin Grevioux might work too. :)

It's supposed to be about YOUNG Blade no?

Generally people don't go through a period in their late teens or early 20's where they're the size of Hulk Hogan and then shrink down to Wesley Snipes size when they're 40.

it should be a prequel so we get a younger blade. like a late teenage blade becuase to get a character that looks exactly like wes won't happen

Who said it had to look exactly like Wes Snipes? I think it would be cool if he portrayed the comic book Blade a bit more.

Dave Chapelle
Eddie Griffin

yeah, I'm bored... :p

TheStrider said:
Who said it had to look exactly like Wes Snipes? I think it would be cool if he portrayed the comic book Blade a bit more.

the blade comics has been horrible. the movie surpasses the comics. This is the rare case where the movie is better than the comics. Wes is blade. he is the one actor who is the character, when i think of blade i think of wesley snipes.

Maybe you do, but I love the Blade comics, have since I was 8, since I am now 21, I am a huge Blade fan, Snipes did a good job don't get me wrong, but I believe the tv show doesn't have to be like the movie.

The character's been changed in the comics to reflect the movies, though, so even if he looked more like "the comic Blade," he'd look like Wesley Snipes' movie version. Personally, I'm fine with that. I'd take the movie version over the comic version with goggles and a brown coat.

I'm still waiting for a good creative time to come along and do a comic based on the movie Blade that's actually good. I remember the one that MAX put out after Blade 2 came out, and it made no sense whatsoever. Blade looked nothing like the movie character(which I though was gonna be the case as preview sketches showed him in movie attire) until the sixth issue, but by then the book had been axed. I bet Steve Skroce and Christopher Priest could do Blade proper!

What about that one dude from Andromeda Tyr ? although I dont think his skin is Dark enough to match the character

No thanks, I'd prefer it if Blade could actually act. :p

I'd like to see a good comics interpretation of the movie Blade. You'd think it's a no-brainer, considering the formula for movie Blade is very, very simple, but somehow it's just been impossible to translate into comics. Judging from some of the concepts for the post-movie Blade series I've seen, it doesn't even seem like they're trying. Priest would probably be awesome on it, though. :up:

Or howbout the guy I suggested a few posts up. He's the only person other than Snipes to ever play Blade. He's not bad either hah, and hes young. I'm sure they'd get him in top shape if he was picked.

Michael Jai White is an obvious choice. What has that guy been up to lately? Not much :o

\S/JcDc\S/ said:
Michael Jai White is an obvious choice. What has that guy been up to lately? Not much :o

Yeah, he did Spawn and Universal Soldier: The Return and POOF. The only other thing I've seen him doing is a role for the new Spawn cartoon.

RivenX3i said:
Or howbout the guy I suggested a few posts up. He's the only person other than Snipes to ever play Blade. He's not bad either hah, and hes young. I'm sure they'd get him in top shape if he was picked.
I don't know, he didn't seem that great to me.

So we just keep getting older and older.

How bout Sidney Poitier ?

ep_isabellavosmikova.jpg

How about Roger Cross? He played Curtis Manning on Season 4 of 24...He just screamed bad ass :)

Wesley Jonathan from City Guys,but then again he's working on
"What I like about you" .Well that dude that played Lem on Soul Food the series.

maybe Lee Thompson Young, AKA Jett Jackson. He's got a new show coming out on the WB or UPN or something, a drama about teens in Miami or something. Not sure how long it will last. Probably not very.

Here's a new topic for discussion, who could play a younger Whistler ?

kris_kristofferson-the_silver_tongued_devil_and_i.jpg

He really looks like Kurt Russell in alot of these pics, but we all know that Kurt is too big a star for a Spike tv show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"