Days of Future Past Any word on if this is going to resolve continuity issues from First Class?

If you look at the difference between Stewart and McAvoy, and compare that to the difference between Williams and Byrne, then there's no way that Williams looks like a contemporary of Stewart, which also would be hard when the actors have almost 30 years diffrence between them. Unless Moira had tons of plastic surgery ;)

If Moira is still in DoFP, I expect she'll still be with CIA, who are not likely to just forget all about the mutants, especially now that Erik broke into their headquarters and got Emma out.

Last edited:
If you look at the difference between Stewart and McAvoy, and compare that to the difference between Williams and Byrne, then there's no way that Williams looks like a contemporary of Stewart, which also would be hard when the actors have almost 30 years diffrence between them. Unless Moira had tons of plastic surgery ;)

If Moira is still in DoFP, I expect she'll still be with CIA, who are not likely to just forget all about the mutants, especially now that Erik broke into their headquarters and got Emma out.

Whether plastic surgery, or just hair dye and make-up, I don't feel there's a marked disparity between the two versions. Older women these days don't leave their hair grey (and nor do many of the men), they get the dye on it! For extreme, but real, examples of refusing to grow old and look old, see Sharon Osborne (60) and Joan Rivers (79).

But these women you've cited are celebrities, not genetic experts :) Though it's true that everyone looks prettier in the movies. Still, I have to disagree, I don't buy it at all that X3 Moira and FC Moira could possibly be the same person.

But these women you've cited are celebrities, not genetic experts :) Though it's true that everyone looks prettier in the movies. Still, I have to disagree, I don't buy it at all that X3 Moira and FC Moira could possibly be the same person.

Hmmm, well I have to say the two Moiras didn't seem an issue to me.

And if they are keeping X3 in continuity and not throwing it out, they have to be the same person anyway. So whatever we each think, they have to be the same woman at different times of life.

It could be argued that McAvoy and Stewart are not the same Xaviers either. But I do see your point about the age difference between the two pairs.

I do hope Rose Byrne reprises her role as Moira. She was only one of three characters from FC that held my attention. The two of course being McAvoy and Fassbender. The rest were a snoozefest.

Why is it an inconsistency?

In First Class, Moira worked for the CIA and was in her 20s. In X3, which takes place 30 years later, Moira was in her 50s and at some sort of medical/research institute.

And she may well have gone from the CIA and become a genetics expert in those 30 years. The version played by Olivia Williams in The Last Stand could have been aged anywhere between late 30s and late 50s. The fact she was a friend of Charles Xavier in that film (she was at the funeral) ties in with her knowing Charles in First Class.

It would be nice to see her in Days of Future Past, perhaps living at the mansion, having left the CIA after her treatment in First Class. Even better if they were able to show her expressing an interest in studying genetics and moving away to Scotland (perhaps having family there?) where we could imagine she would then start the Muir Island facility.

Yes, the only thing that concerned me about X3 Moira is she looked so young and she had a strong English accent.

Yes, the only thing that concerned me about X3 Moira is she looked so young and she had a strong English accent.

It was Scottish (or an attempt at Scottish). That's because Moira is Scottish!

No one was concerned with Moira's age at the time of X3, nor with her accent. It's only because First Class chose to use the character (with an American accent) that some people now feel there is an age issue with X3. But X3 was first so it did nothing 'wrong' with the character.

Last edited:
It would be nice to see her in Days of Future Past, perhaps living at the mansion, having left the CIA after her treatment in First Class. Even better if they were able to show her expressing an interest in studying genetics and moving away to Scotland (perhaps having family there?) where we could imagine she would then start the Muir Island facility.

those are exactly the thoughts Ive had about the character.

They should left the Cia relationship on FC, and to start developing the character to make her the Moira we all know from the comics.

If they only do two First Class movies, they could easily suggest that she plans to go to Scotland and continue her early studies and maybe finish them there. What a PERFECT way to connect her role with her comic version!

Id love to see that.

It was Scottish (or an attempt at Scottish). That's because Moira is Scottish!

No one was concerned with Moira's age at the time of X3, nor with her accent. It's only because First Class chose to use the character (with an American accent) that some people now feel there is an age issue with X3. But X3 was first so it did nothing 'wrong' with the character.

I only got concerned about X3 Moira when First Class Moira existed. I definitely didn't have major problem with Moira when I first saw X3.

I'm sorry but the Moira in X3 does not look 65+ years old. I'm not buying it one bit.

And I refuse to buy that the Wolverine that will be seen in flashbacks of The Wolverine and First Class is younger than the Wolverine seen in X-Men.

I find that harder to buy than someone ageing well.

And I refuse to buy that the Wolverine that will be seen in flashbacks of The Wolverine and First Class is younger than the Wolverine seen in X-Men.

thats a pretty solid point, lol

We have to remember guys, that cinema is art, and wont ever be real, so sometimes we should accept certain liberties.

Lets say that Moira on FC was a bit younger than Charles, and that Charles aged much more than her.

If Fox decided to use older Moira again in the near future, they could aged the actress a bit so she would look a bit closer to Patrick. At least showing she looks 10 years older than her X3 look.

And thats it.

Its cinema, its a creative libertie. As longs as they sign the same actrees from X3 and age her a bit, it will be fine.

Or they could just borrow a page from Millar's Ultimate X-Men and say Charles and Moira had a daughter. In that continuity Proteus was hers and Xavier's son.

Last edited:
First Class should've just been a reboot as it makes no sense the the movies that came before it. I don't understand why they wanted to keep it in continuity with the other movies.

My guess is that because First Class didn't do well enough at the box office, and because Hugh Jackman's Wolverine is still going strong, Fox would rather tie the First Class trilogy to the original trilogy, and completely reboot down the line, rather than awkwardly alternate between a soft reboot and Jackman's face of the franchise. I realize this goes against the 'Year Zero,' shared universe talk being tossed around as of late, but I just don't think any of that is going to happen. We'll see.

Last edited:
I do hope Rose Byrne reprises her role as Moira. She was only one of three characters from FC that held my attention. The two of course being McAvoy and Fassbender. The rest were a snoozefest.

Personally I couldn't stand her. A mix of facial expressions at times and overacting. Especially near the end when she's on the phone in the Blackbird. "Hello!? HELLO?!!!!?!??!". Just came off bad, as well as that silly smile she gives Xavier when he's outside talking to Banshee when the movie is doing those comic book panel edits.

Personally I couldn't stand her. A mix of facial expressions at times and overacting. Especially near the end when she's on the phone in the Blackbird. "Hello!? HELLO?!!!!?!??!". Just came off bad, as well as that silly smile she gives Xavier when he's outside talking to Banshee when the movie is doing those comic book panel edits.

I can totally see that. That's how I feel about Ellen Page. I don't know how to explain it other than to say she looks too self-aware when she's acting, the Disney-channel-type of acting.

I never released Moira was also a mutant and had the "ageing well while and changing her accent" mutation.

I just hope they don't show old & young Xavier or old & young Magneto in the same scene cuz then you kinda start thinking they really don't look too much alike lol

I just hope they don't show old & young Xavier or old & young Magneto in the same scene cuz then you kinda start thinking they really don't look too much alike lol

LOL and I'm afraid their character might say the same thing.

My guess is that because First Class didn't do well enough at the box office, and because Hugh Jackman's Wolverine is still going strong, Fox would rather tie the First Class trilogy to the original trilogy, and completely reboot down the line, rather than awkwardly alternate between a soft reboot and Jackman's face of the franchise. I realize this goes against the 'Year Zero,' shared universe talk being tossed around as of late, but I just don't think any of that is going to happen. We'll see.

FOX is just making it harder for themselves and for the fans if they are going with soft reboot or rebooting the movie series down the line.

They could just start from scratch just like The Amazing Spider-Man and Batman Begins. They could still use the actors from the previous X-Men movies without confusing audience whether if the movie is a reboot or not like the 2009 Star Trek film.

I am sorry but rebooting and use actors from previous films Is just stupid.I critzed the bond producers royally for rebooting bond and keeping Judi Dench as M.

Star Trek 2009 using the time travel caused alternate timeline allowed them to use Leonard Nimoy.

Fox never sold First Class as reboot.First Class was sold as telling the past of Xavier and Magneto.Never once on DVD/Blu-ray does anyone call It a reboot.

For now X-Men remains one of longest running film franchises.And this consent rebooting that Is being done Is getting tiring.

While eventully Fox will reboot X-Men why are anyone here In a rush for that to happen.A X-Men reboot may not even have Jean Grey.And I guarante you Wolverine would be
major character In reboot.

Fox never sold First Class as reboot.First Class was sold as telling the past of Xavier and Magneto.Never once on DVD/Blu-ray does anyone call It a reboot.

For now X-Men remains one of longest running film franchises.And this consent rebooting that Is being done Is getting tiring.

While eventully Fox will reboot X-Men why are anyone here In a rush for that to happen.A X-Men reboot may not even have Jean Grey.And I guarante you Wolverine would be
major character In reboot.

The reason why people think First Class was a reboot is because of Matthew Vaughn. I've seen a couple of interviews from him where he mentioned First Class as a reboot and its kinda annoying.

I think the reason for "rush for a reboot" is people want to see new faces, they want things to look fresh and new. For the producers/writers, its probably more interesting to them to just start over and start from scratch plus after a couple of movies, they just want to move on with something new.

In my opinion, a reboot should happen to a movie series if that movie series already released 5 to 9 movies. If the cast is already too old. If the quality of the movie keeps declining. If the movie has nothing to go to. If the last movie already happened more than 10 to 15 years. If it was up to me, there would be a sequel to Spider-Man 3 and Fantastic Four: Rise of Silver Surfer. Movies take a long time to make. Sometimes you have to wait 6 years, just to see 3 movies from 1 movie series and after that they'll just reboot it or make spin-offs. I already said this before, I think FOX should just have continued with X-Men 4 after x3 instead of making spin-off movies but I'm still happy that they haven't reboot this movie series yet. They could still make 6 more movies to the original movie series. There are so many stories to adapt and characters to introduce.

As I pointed out at time Matthew Vaughn said different things depending on who he was
talking to.He even In one Interview call It both reboot and prequel.

I disagree with that attitude.I would prefer film series like James Bond series used to be(which I would have never rebooted) when you have to recast the actors,and If you have a disappointing film make next one better.Under present attitude we would have never gotten 6 star Trek films with original cast.

If you are going down the reboot road you need to totally divorce yourself from team of films you are now saying never happened.The spider-man reboot should have had none of writers and producers on board(they could have easily brought on a new director and new Spider-Man and continued series) the james bond films should have immedely had new writers,an entire new production team and they certinly should never have used Judi Dench In last 3 films.The Dark Knight trilogy did It well.while I have little Intrest
In Man of steel they also are doing It well.Whenever they reboot Batman they need to totally seperate Itself from The Nolan trilogy.

Comic Books like X-Men,Spider-Man,batman,and SUperman can lead to James Bond like
longtivity but they can't If they are consently being rebooted.

Fox seems to want to try to keep the same X-men series going In some form for as long as possibly.

I don't think the James Bond movie series had a reboot, am I right? I think it just keeps going on and on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"