Anya Taylor-Joy is Emma

Discussion in 'Misc. Films' started by Blitzkrieg, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Blitzkrieg Registered

Anya Taylor-Joy, the star of Split and The Witch, has been cast in the title role for Emma, Working Title’s adaptation of the Jane Austen novel. Music video director Autumn de Wilde is making her feature directorial debut on the feature, which has a script by Man Booker Prize winner Eleanor Catton. Austen’s novel, published in 1815, was a comedy of manners and told of a young woman, Emma Woodhouse, who, despite the best intentions, heedlessly meddles in people’s romantic affairs as she tries to play matchmaker.

2. Voltron Registered

I love Jane Austen novels and Anya so I'm in. I mostly liked the 1996 Emma adaptation due to the talented supporting actors but it could've been perfect if they had cast someone else as Emma and not gwyneth paltrow.

Blitzkrieg likes this.
  3. Blitzkrieg Registered

‘Emma’: Bill Nighy, Mia Goth, Callum Turner & More Round Out Cast Of Focus Features/Working Title Film

Bill Nighy, Mia Goth, Callum Turner, Gemma Whelan and Miranda Hart are set to co-star in Emma, the latest adaptation of the classic Jane Austen novel. The Focus Features and Working Title pic is being directed by Autumn de Wilde, with Anya Taylor-Joy starring in the titular role.

Josh O’Connor, Rupert Graves, Amber Anderson, and Tanya Reynolds have also been cast in the film, which is slated to go before cameras this week in England.

4. James.B In search of the absurd