Iron Man 3 Anybody else miss Terrence Howard as Rhodey?

I couldn't. It seemed almost like they were inserting him in the film after the fact like he was digitally added. He didn't seem like he was interacting with anyone.

exactly. There wasn't really any good moments for RDJ and Cheadle. Literally, their only moments were in the senate, and at the end with the battle. Everything else was essentially fighting.

But you could tell that he cared about Stark.
I believe you forgot about Rhodey finding Stark in his workshop and then discovering that Stark's arc reactor is killing him. He helped Tony get a new palladium core and seemed very concerned for his friend's well-being.

Was that before or after the part where he crashed his party, beat up Tony Stark and stole his suit?

I couldn't. It seemed almost like they were inserting him in the film after the fact like he was digitally added. He didn't seem like he was interacting with anyone.

He didn't really interact with someone. Because of the script.

Try to get past the whole recast thing. Ya know? I understand that if you see a movie with a character, and the sequel, the same character is played by a different actor, you generally associate the character with the first actor. Which in turn, makes it feel like the second actor, as you said it, was inserted. That's how I saw it.

But after ignoring the recast, and the limmitted script, I was happy with cheadles' performance. He seemed to act like..a big brother, in a way, no homo lol, but a sort of unconditional love, that's what I saw. Cheadle seems more of like a...I don't know, friendly guy, I suppose. I think you won't be dissappointed with Cheadle after Ironman 3. I mean, he's a good actor, I would expect some chemistry, with a much better script.

No, I don't miss him. I've never cared much for Howard as an actor. And with him in IM 1 I was kind indifferent to the character. When I heard he was being recast and that Cheadle was in the role, I actually became excited about the character. I love Cheadle as an actor and I love what he brought to the role. Was there chemistry with RDJ? Maybe as not as much as there could be, but, like has been said earlier in this thread, that might have to do with the fact that the story had the two of them butting heads for the majority of the movie and is more a problem with the writing than a lack of chemistry between the actors themselves.

I'm very much looking forward to see what Cheadle continues to bring to the table in 3

Just my opinion, of course.

I believe you forgot about Rhodey finding Stark in his workshop and then discovering that Stark's arc reactor is killing him. He helped Tony get a new palladium core and seemed very concerned for his friend's well-being.

actually, that's the part I was referring to, I just didn't feel like typing it out, thanks for doing it for me :D :word:

Not me. Cheadle is much more convincing as a military man, whereas Howard comes off a little wimpy. I pretty much think Cheadle is superior in every way.

Not me. Cheadle is much more convincing as a military man, whereas Howard comes off a little wimpy. I pretty much think Cheadle is superior in every way.

Cheadle was deffinately superior besides the bonding department IMO. Better acting and better bravado as a military man. But the friendship just wasn't there besides a couple lines. I really wanted to love cheadle, I was fully behind the recast(still am). But the script just didn't let it happen for me. I believe that IM3 will give me the buddy relationship i wanted, that IM2 failed at.

I didn't care for Cheadle in IM2 sadly. Just didn't buy their camaraderie or chemistry. However I expect the relationship between Tony and Rhodey to be better portrayed in IM3.

Interesting. Howard touched on this in an interview posted today.

http://desdehollywood.com/primicia-...lo-de-iron-man-marvel-pude-buscar-mi-venganza

"It's similar to what happens with my character in this movie: He had lost a lot. Thought he was maintaining and holding his ground. All the things he was building his future on was not going to sustain him. Unfortunately he went after and tried to seek his own revenge.

I had a decision to make. I could have sought revenge against Marvel and all. But I learned something in life. You know?

That everything is controlled by this wave particle theory. Often times when we are moving up in this wave field we are looking up. But the moment that we are reaching the descent we are still looking up. Guess what: we are falling.

But if you turn and orient yourself in the direction that you are going in, you will gain momentum and a great deal of inertia so you reflect off the valley and you miss the next two or three downward falls.

I love the fact that Iron Man put me on a world stage and tested my strength of character. Because I chose not to fight back, not to deal with the allegations, but to continue forward and do what I had to do.

I had to start all over: went from making $6 million a movie, back to $60 thousand a movie. But as long as you don't give up you are able... I'll make $20 million soon. Because I have learned the lessons of yesterday."
So I guess it really was mostly about money.

went from making $6 million a movie, back to $60 thousand a movie.

TJvZiLq.gif

I am a bit confused, so..howard wanted more money? is that what it was?

Surely he regrets his decision now. I mean he could have been Warmachine and part of the MCU.

How much money is enough ?

I am a bit confused, so..howard wanted more money? is that what it was?

The story I heard 'round here way back when was Howard made more money than Downey for IM1. When IM2 rolled around Howard wanted even more but Marvel were unwilling to up his salary so they parted ways.

The story I heard 'round here way back when was Howard made more money than Downey for IM1. When IM2 rolled around Howard wanted even more but Marvel were unwilling to up his salary so they parted ways.
That's always the way I heard it. He only got so much from IM1 because he was the first person to sign on and they weren't sure who else they'd get to fill Tony Stark's actor role. When IM2 came around, Marvel wanted to get RDJ more money than Howard's Rhodes role since he was the title character/actor role.

They should digitally add Don Cheadle into the first Iron Man movie over top of Terrence Howard so the continuity could be in tact. lol

They should digitally add Don Cheadle into the first Iron Man movie over top of Terrence Howard so the continuity could be in tact. lol

there it is.

Close thread, no need to further discuss. If marvel does this simple task, our problems will be solved :D

I think I need to stay away from threads like this because people can't post stuff like that and I have a hard time not responding.

I think I need to stay away from threads like this because people can't post stuff like that and I have a hard time not responding.
Stay away from the racial stuff and you'll be fine. Common sense would tell you to leave it alone after being warned already by the mods, not even if you're joking.

Seems to be people dogging on him for that all over the internet for saying what he said recently. I dunno if you guys fully read the statement from Terrence, but I found it inspirational.

I liked him as an actor before Iron Man. When he was announced I didn't think it was the BEST choice, but I liked him - so I knew I'd enjoy it. And I did.

I still wish he was Rhodes, but whatever. The movie is about Iron Man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"