Anybody have the most recent pics of Topher Grace?

Jason Martell said:
did you observe his audition or something? Have you watched him try? How do you know this? You know sometimes people can play more than one kind of character. Alfred Molina use to play a goofy comedy role.

Compare Reeves acting style in the matrix to that of Bill and TEd. Completely different personas. Just because you can play one doesn't mean you can't play the other.

I have seen Topher in other parts and That 70´s Show more than a dozen times and I can safely say that he will not be able to pull of the part of the demented and psychotic hellbent on killing Spider-Man Eddie Brock. Maybe with a couple of more years exprience behind him but as of right now the answer is no.

And your comparision to Keanu is faulty. The second Bill & Ted movie was made in 1991 and the Matrix was made in 1999, so its not that Keanu just played the goofy Ted and then a couple of years later started playing Neo. No he had plenty of time to get experience and trying out other parts before the Matrix gig. He played an actionhero in Speed, a young man seduced by the devil and entering a new world in the Devils Advocate and proved in those movies that he could play the part of Neo.

A bit diffrent from Topher who has spent most of his acting career playing a goofy kid on a sit-com. So that comparison does not work and is wrong.

Whoa! What makes everyone so damn sure he cant pull of a good Venom? Look at Toby Maguire for instance. Have you seen his screentest? He looked small and everything BUT muscular for some reason :( Atleast thats my opinnion. Yet in Spiderman 1 , after his bodybuilding stuff , he looked big and muscular. If they can pull that off with Tobey , they most certainly can with Topher. I always thought Tobey was a bit too small to play Parker / Spiderman but look how that came out in Spiderman 1 + 2!

Rest assured , im sure Raimi knows what he's doing! He'll pull of this Venom , that is , if there's going to BE a Venom in SM3.

Eddie Brock withouth the Venom suit looked just like Parker except a little bigger. Brock WITH the Venom suit however looked massive and BIG. Im sure Raimi will do Venom justice :O

el brujo138 said:
And your comparision to Keanu is faulty.
Using Keanu Reeves as an example of good acting is faulty.

I think it will work topher is a great actor watch all his movies and tell me he's not. Plus he's like 3 inches taller than tobey for intimidating out of costume confrontations and in costume who cares its not really him anyway.

And I wouldn't really say that Eddie Brock is psychotic... hellbent on destroying Peter's life, yes... but not psychotic. Leave the psychosis to Carnage.

Toren said:
And I wouldn't really say that Eddie Brock is psychotic... hellbent on destroying Peter's life, yes... but not psychotic. Leave the psychosis to Carnage.

Wrong. Psychotic means that you lose contact with reality and you cant make a diffrence between what is going on in your mind and what is going on around you. Sound like Eddie allright, he is absouletly convinced that Peter Parker destroyed his career eventhough that is not what really happend and he wont face up to reality because he is no longer able to see what is real and what is wrong. He has lost contact with reality so he is psychotic.

I agree with matis, if you wanted to takl about good acting, keanu reeves isnt the best example. His entire acting ability can be summed up with this picture
matrix.jpeg

el brujo138 said:
I have seen Topher in other parts and That 70´s Show more than a dozen times and I can safely say that he will not be able to pull of the part of the demented and psychotic hellbent on killing Spider-Man Eddie Brock. Maybe with a couple of more years exprience behind him but as of right now the answer is no.

And your comparision to Keanu is faulty. The second Bill & Ted movie was made in 1991 and the Matrix was made in 1999, so its not that Keanu just played the goofy Ted and then a couple of years later started playing Neo. No he had plenty of time to get experience and trying out other parts before the Matrix gig. He played an actionhero in Speed, a young man seduced by the devil and entering a new world in the Devils Advocate and proved in those movies that he could play the part of Neo.

A bit diffrent from Topher who has spent most of his acting career playing a goofy kid on a sit-com. So that comparison does not work and is wrong.

Fine compare Reeves in Speed to Bill and Ted. Completely different.

Compare Will Smith in Fresh Prince of Bel Air to a single one of his movies. I have seen a lot of that 70's show. And there were a few instances where it got all dramatic, and not corny comedish. Wehre he would get all angry and dramatic. I honestly don't have a doubt in my mind, that Topher will make the perfect Venom. I think he will be slightly different from Eddie in the comic book, but he will be perfect.

chazzared said:
I agree with matis, if you wanted to takl about good acting, keanu reeves isnt the best example. His entire acting ability can be summed up with this picture
matrix.jpeg

AAAHHHHHHHHH! I got to go watch that movie now.

Jason Martell said:
Fine compare Reeves in Speed to Bill and Ted. Completely different.

Compare Will Smith in Fresh Prince of Bel Air to a single one of his movies. I have seen a lot of that 70's show. And there were a few instances where it got all dramatic, and not corny comedish. Wehre he would get all angry and dramatic. I honestly don't have a doubt in my mind, that Topher will make the perfect Venom. I think he will be slightly different from Eddie in the comic book, but he will be perfect.

Do you even read what I write? He had the chance to get some experience between playing in Bill & Ted and the Matrix which was your example. Infact he got around 8-9 years of experience playing in diffrent parts thereby proving himslef worthy of the part. 8-9 years worth of expeirence, of working with diffrent directors and thereby nobody thought of him as that Ted guy anymore.

Topher on the other hand has been in 5 movies and starred in a sit-com and thats it!To compare that to Keanu as you just did was wrong and you know it because you are backtracking. Yeah that sit-com show sure got all tense and dramatic but in a sit-com way where you know that everything is gonna turn out allright. Have you even read the Spider-Man comics with Venom, do you even know how demented and evil Venom acts? Nothing Topher has done has shown that he can play Eddie Brock.

You have yet to post anything of worth to prove that he can pull of the part as I just shot down your Keanu-Topher comparison. Back up what your saying with proof.

How much experience did Reeves have between Speed and Bill and Ted. I didn't claim to have proven Grace can play him, I merely pointed out that nobody has posted any proof he can not play him.

Jason Martell said:
How much experience did Reeves have between Speed and Bill and Ted.

Between the first Bill & Ted movie he had 6 years and between the second and Speed he had 3 years. Now compare that to Topher, hmmm lets when did That 70s show get cancelled? This year or is it still running?

And the Speed example is not a god one to use either because Keanu runs around looking like a dope in the movie all the time while Dennis Hopper carries the movie on his back. So in those 6 or 3 years ( it depends on if you count from the first or the secind movie) Keanu still sucked while 4-5 years later in the Matrix he turned in a really good performance. So going by your logic Topher will suck in this movie.

Have you got anything to backup this Topher is gonna do it crap? Or are you just gonna pretend he can do it and use faulty arguments and comparisons?

Jason Martell said:
How much experience did Reeves have between Speed and Bill and Ted. I didn't claim to have proven Grace can play him, I merely pointed out that nobody has posted any proof he can not play him.

Hmmm...funny everybody that doesnt want him for the part has posted proof in that we are saying that going by what we have seen so far from him and going by his lack of experience he is not going to be able to pull of the part of Eddie Brock.

actually reeves was pretty diesel in speed compared to bill and ted...

just saying :p

I will say this. I would invest more faith in Topher Graces acting talents than Keanu Reeves. Not that I really believe he's playing Brock but what ever villain he's been tapped for, I'm confident that it's because Sam Raimi knows he can do it.

So um yeah, where are the supposed recent pics? Figure they shoulc be around if that is what we are discussing.

el brujo138 said:
Hmmm...funny everybody that doesnt want him for the part has posted proof in that we are saying that going by what we have seen so far from him and going by his lack of experience he is not going to be able to pull of the part of Eddie Brock.

You guys have not posted any proof or even evidence that he can not do this. You have not. All you know is that he can play eric on that 70's show. You have no possible way of knowing that he can't do a completely different part for this movie, unless you saw him audition for the part.

el brujo138 said:
Wrong. Psychotic means that you lose contact with reality and you cant make a diffrence between what is going on in your mind and what is going on around you. Sound like Eddie allright, he is absouletly convinced that Peter Parker destroyed his career eventhough that is not what really happend and he wont face up to reality because he is no longer able to see what is real and what is wrong. He has lost contact with reality so he is psychotic.
Or he could just be paranoid. I know I am a bit. I still wouldn't say psychotic. He isn't seeing ****, which is losing touch with reality (such as Harry is). I know that seeing **** isn't the only means of psychosis, but to me he's just paranoid. Spiderman did screw up his life with the story. He has an unhealthy obsession (as do most people, just not with another person) and is in denial. Not psychotic.

That's just my interp though.

And, in case you guys forgot, Topher has been in several movies. Including Traffic... though I think he was only the freaking out boyfriend of the girl who overdosed. Not quite sure. I haven't seen that movie in a long time. And a lot of actors, such as THC, were in tons of movies before being noticed (THC was in roughly 22 movies before being noticed) while others hit spot on in their first acting job.

Being caught in one role is death to the actor (ie Mark Hamill - when was the last time you saw him in something other than a Sci Fi related movie)... which is why I'm glad that Topher is actually getting a serious role for once.

people he's not going to be big. If they were going to get a hulkiing venom they would have gone with someone else its obvious they eare going the ultimate route.

Toren said:
Or he could just be paranoid. I know I am a bit. I still wouldn't say psychotic. He isn't seeing ****, which is losing touch with reality (such as Harry is). I know that seeing **** isn't the only means of psychosis, but to me he's just paranoid. Spiderman did screw up his life with the story. He has an unhealthy obsession (as do most people, just not with another person) and is in denial. Not psychotic.

That's just my interp though.

And, in case you guys forgot, Topher has been in several movies. Including Traffic... though I think he was only the freaking out boyfriend of the girl who overdosed. Not quite sure. I haven't seen that movie in a long time. And a lot of actors, such as THC, were in tons of movies before being noticed (THC was in roughly 22 movies before being noticed) while others hit spot on in their first acting job.

Being caught in one role is death to the actor (ie Mark Hamill - when was the last time you saw him in something other than a Sci Fi related movie)... which is why I'm glad that Topher is actually getting a serious role for once.

No he is not paranoid he is psychotic. Go look up the symtoms of a psychosis and of paranoia and read the original Venom stories, he is psychotic.

Anyway I am through with this discussing Topher for Eddie stuff, I have made my point. Besides he is not even offically confirmed yet and I dont think he will be either because of the reasons I have stated.

People that are spewing all this garbage about how great a scrawny actor from a sit-com will be as the bad ass huge Venom are fanboys that dont listen to reason.

Jason Martell said:
You guys have not posted any proof or even evidence that he can not do this. You have not. All you know is that he can play eric on that 70's show. You have no possible way of knowing that he can't do a completely different part for this movie, unless you saw him audition for the part.

And you have no proof that he CAN do it either and I have asked several times that you provide some sort of evidence and you havent so I give up, there is no point of trying to reason here. Believe whatever you want.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"