Anybody work in the entertainment biz?

Discussion in 'SHH Community Forum' started by NickSox, Nov 15, 2007.

1. NickSox Registered

Here's the place to swap stories or ask questions about working in the entertainment industry! I'll start with saying I had to do a satelitte uplink with Hilary Clinton on Monday and let's just say she's quite catty with her assistants (there were at least 10). If you want to know more ask! And post your own stories!

2. NickSox Registered

Ill take that as a no I guess.

3. Whirlysplat Registered

I have a cam...... Does that count?:ninja:

4. NickSox Registered

You get paid to use it? :cwink:

5. Whirlysplat Registered

Only sometimes :wow: I am open to offers. Although nothing with children or animals.

6. NickSox Registered

That's pretty funny. I dont do any of that stuff though. Usually live event stuff is what I do.

7. Whirlysplat Registered

Cool. :)

8. Suzi_Jazz Registered

I'd like to hear more. I'm not in the entertainment biz. But I'd like to hear you stories please.

9. Alexia Dark Warrior Princess

I hopefully will be soon, but not in film, just theatre. Film is so much more... forced. Stand there, no, don't look directly at the camera, don't turn your head, stand over there, memorize 5 lines and stop, wait, more memorizing... and all of this for like umpteen hours a day 6 or so months out of the year. Not appealing.

10. Wilhelm-Scream Registered

Hillary says the "F" word in anger. :eek:

11. NickSox Registered

Yea film is a whole different beast. I've done a couple shoots for John Deere(yea I live in Iowa) for infomercials and commercials and it is just numbingly boring. For a 30 second tv spot we shot for over 8 hours and that's not counting the editing process! I do alot of sporting events and i just love the fast pace of it all. Set up can sometimes suck but once the event starts it's over before you know it! Good luck with getting in the theatre and keep us updated!

12. Dew k. Mosi Hype Award Winner

I work for entertainment, I've been out on the picket lines a couple days

13. NickSox Registered

Awesome. Those writers do deserve what they are asking for so I hope they get it and get it soon.

14. sinewave Registered

i know a guy who lives in L.A. and currently works as a camera tech on tv shows like "miami ink" and "who wants to be a superhero?". anywho, he used to be one of billy bob thornton's personal assistants and lived in his house for a while. he's met plenty of celebrities who've visited thornton's house and apparently the biggest prick of them all is eddie van halen, but that shouldn't surprise many people since his substance abuse problems are pretty well documented. that's all i've got.

15. Dew k. Mosi Hype Award Winner

Thanks for the support. Now, bring us some donuts and popsicles :)

16. Dew k. Mosi Hype Award Winner

I find this hard to believe. I worked at a store that Eddie frequented and he was the nicest guy. He wouldn't shop unless I was there, and he'd spend thousands of dollars, giving me huge tips if I carried the package out to his car. He'd bring me strawberry shortcake ice creams and greet me with hugs.

17. NickSox Registered

Love the Simpsons avvy and location! I've heard the same about van halen and need to make it out to L.A. at some point but I got a good thing going here for now. Another dick I've met is Jerry the King Lawler. He stopped through town to do some promotion at our minor league stadium. We had a woman announcer so he stopped up to the booth and proceeded to make her very uncomfortable and got borderline to the point of sexual harassment. And he wore his stupid crown and wrestler pants in the press box. lol.

18. NickSox Registered

That's awesome. Just goes to show that it's hard for celebrities to always be in the best of moods but it's great how nice he was to you. A really nice guy is Tom Arnold. Run into him many occasions and he'll always stop and chat with you (especially about Hawkeye football.)

19. sinewave Registered

maybe he was in a really bad mood when this guy met him, but he's got no reason to lie to me.

thanks. nice catch.

20. Dew k. Mosi Hype Award Winner

Maybe your friend was a jerk first :)

21. Excel O-bama-ama-ama-ay-ay

I met Jennifer Loppez in 2004 in a hotel elevator she was getting off; i yell ed" j.lo!' and she just smiled and said hi and ditn care that i checked out that booty up close nither; she was cool :up: :up:

22. JewishHobbit Registered

Hmm, I met Kirk Cameron at a church briefly. He was really nice. That's the extent of my fame and entertainment stories sadly. Maybe one day far far away when I'm a published author :)

23. sinewave Registered

it's possible, but he's one of the nicest guys i've ever met and it wouldn't be too smart to go around acting like a dick to guests while representing a powerful hollywood actor at his home.

24. Antonello Blueberry Inglorious bastard

I work for an Italian production company.
    Last week I decided to stay in the office, instead of going to the set of the movie we're making with Monica Bellucci.
    They told me I missed a great party...

25. omid17 Registered

i got jamie fox's autograph at universal studios