Anyone Catch The George Reeves Superman Flying Sound Effects?

Supercajun

Civilian
Reaction score
When Cavill as Superman walked out of the scout ship and first took flight, you can hear the flying sound effects used when George Reeves played superman. It was that Shushing sound. I've seen the movie 4 times and it's there.

Haha yes I noticed it too. That was really neat(if intentional).

Yes.

But that sound was also used in The Greatest American Hero superhero spoof TV series. And right after the sound effect, Superman has a terrible turbulent landing, just like Ralph Hinkley. Couldn't help but notice.

Yes, when superman first flew, every one of my friends thought about the greatest american hero...

Oh, did anyone watch the first tv series of superman? Whenver he flies, he turns into a cartoon...

Yes, when superman first flew, every one of my friends thought about the greatest american hero...

Oh, did anyone watch the first tv series of superman? Whenver he flies, he turns into a cartoon...

I think that was in the serials not a TV series, unless they televised it later

Serials like Superman were shown on theaters. A story divided in short episodes, normally a limited number of them. A TV series often have different stories in every episode and episodes can be produced as long as there are interest in producing them.

Serials like Superman were shown on theaters. A story divided in short episodes, normally a limited number of them. A TV series often have different stories in every episode and episodes can be produced as long as there are interest in producing them.

Oh ic.. would people go to the theaters just to watch a 15 min show, then come back every week? Strange...

Just like the old Flash Gordon serials in the 30s. Kirk Alyn's Superman was the same in the 40s.

Oh ic.. would people go to the theaters just to watch a 15 min show, then come back every week? Strange...

I know. In order to make more sense out of it, they would put a whole movie after them to hook more people. :)

I know. In order to make more sense out of it, they would put a whole movie after them to hook more people. :)

Oh, now i start to see it... it's sort of like Concerts where they have a small band playing before the big event..

If that's what it was.. i mean, a 15 min serial followed by a full movie and then does this for every movie.. that's actually a great marketing ploy..

What if they did this today? Wouldn't it force people to go watch every new movie? If they made some really, really good serials...

Oh, now i start to see it... it's sort of like Concerts where they have a small band playing before the big event..

If that's what it was.. i mean, a 15 min serial followed by a full movie and then does this for every movie.. that's actually a great marketing ploy..

What if they did this today? Wouldn't it force people to go watch every new movie? If they made some really, really good serials...

Thing is, nobody ad TV's then so it was a great way to make an episodic kind of narration work. they used to end with a cliffhanger, which is what the old 1966 Batman TV series producer wanted to duplicate in every episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"