BvS Anyone else hope they change the logo?

Dark Guardian

Guardian of Gotham
Reaction score
I'm excited, cautious, interested, worried and fascinated by the potential for a Worlds Finest movie (hopefully it's not titled something silly like Man of Steel 2) but the one thing I hope they change...
xsuperman-batman-logo.jpg.pagespeed.ic.SE1wKoVL2A.jpg
is the logo.

The S symbol looks great. But the Batsymbol around it looks rather... flat, without the sharp, striking silhouette that makes a Bat symbol truly work.
Admittedly, we've seen a Bat logo like this in the past, and it worked then, but never in conjunction with the Superman logo, only by itself.

Does anyone else dislike the logo? If so, what kind of Batsymbol do you want to see wrapped around the S?

Do you like the logo? If so, why? What makes it work for you?

Does anyone have any examples of alternatives? We've got some great artists on this board, I want to see options! :oldrazz:

I like the general shape of it, but I could do without the sharp edges along the wings.

i like the logo. just wish the ears were a bit longer.

I'm fine with it. Not as good as the TDKT ones, or the Batman Beyond one, but it doesn't bother me one bit.

i like it, like green said i wish the ears were slightly longer but i'm ok with it as it is currently

I'd be willing to bet that's not the final design anyway

Batman-News seems to be the only one tauting a high-res of it. Does anyone else have the high res?

- Jow

The Nolan Dark knight symbol should be the only one used from here on out, you can do iterations on it but don't muck around with it too much.

This dreadful batsymbol will not be used.

I wish there was a more dramatic curve at the bottom, but I suppose it's all right.

Personally I love the new S for MOS but I really don't like how cartoony that Bat is, I also hope it's changed.

In my opinion, it looked better whilst in motion, on the video. I'm digging it, so far. We needed something different this time around, and we're getting it.

I like this batsymbol. It's different, sets this version apart.

I love how fresh it feels. It alone is getting me excited for a rebooted batman more than I thoughtt I would be.

I say we wait till we see a hi-res version of the logo by itself before judging

I don't like it. I feel like it's too blocky as it is right now.

for all we know, this may not even be the symbol that is used on the suit but just used for promotional purposes

they probably needed to make a bat symbol that would look good alongside with Superman's "S" symbol

Not a fan mainly because it reminds me of old-ass batman in the dark knight returns. I'd be disappointed if that's the symbol they use on the suit. Would much prefer something like this
mgZUKtk.jpg

Part of the thing that bugs me about it is that, in a good World's Finest symbol, each of the two heroes symbols has to have equal presence in the logo. The S naturally has an easier time doing this, being in the middle. To give the Batsymbol equal weight it needs to be definitive and somewhat large.
With this logo, it's almost hidden, the only bits really being very visible are the wings. It's like a black background for the S logo, plus some wings and a tiny tiny little head with tiny ears. Instead of being this presence wrapped around and behind the S.
Even the classic Worlds Finest logo would satisfy me more:

Alternatively, I'd like to put this out there, what would you think if something closer to this became the finished version:

Part of the thing that bugs me about it is that, in a good World's Finest symbol, each of the two heroes symbols has to have equal presence in the logo. The S naturally has an easier time doing this, being in the middle. To give the Batsymbol equal weight it needs to be definitive and somewhat large.
With this logo, it's almost hidden, the only bits really being very visible are the wings. It's like a black background for the S logo, plus some wings and a tiny tiny little head with tiny ears. Instead of being this presence wrapped around and behind the S.
Even the classic Worlds Finest logo would satisfy me more:

Alternatively, I'd like to put this out there, what would you think if something closer to this became the finished version:

Nice! And that bat symbol would look fine on a suit.

I like it fine, though I'm hoping for the oval to make a comeback.

I was never in love with the Nolan films bland Bat logo in the first place. I mean it was okay. This logo is fine to me, not great but not terrible either.

It's more than likely just a place holder logo anyway. Not a big fan of it, though it has potential, just need more defining.

I agree it's just a place holder. I would love to see oval make a comeback as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"