Anyone else play City Of Heroes/Villains?

A friend wants me on the Virtue server, but I am so attached to Guardian. >.<;

Create a new character on Virtue, and let your friend sidekick you.

If you're on Freedom, and you're looking for...

...a level 30-something healer, call Lord Anodyne
...a level 20-something controller with pets, call Mystic Practitioner
...a level 10-15 tanker, call Dai Magnum

I played CoH for about two weeks a couple years back. The character customization was amazing, that kept me busy for a while. Playing with friends was fun and I remember spending hours doing the ridiculous jumps when I get my transportation ability. However, the PVE aspect was just so awful, how you just walked into enemies and such. Perhaps it's changed now, but back when I played the actual gameplay didn't offer much.

I'm on the Freedom server. Name's ".Shock Factor" Watch the period at the beginning. Friend me up anytime.

I can't find any info on the Marvel MMORPG :(

I was doing a search on the name Shock Factor and found this board. I am Shock Factor on the Liberty Server. Lvl 50 Elec/Energy Blaster. Many of the toons I've created have the Factor last name, all part of one big family.
I'm presently working overseas, but when I get home at the end of this month I'll post a few pictures of the character. I've been playing for about 3 years off and on.

Welcome to the forums :) Sort of an odd way to join them, but cool none the less ^_^ :up:

I can't wait to see them, and that shows a devoted player, googling your characters own name when you can't play it ^_^

-does it as well >.<;-

I can't play at work, the only internet access I have is at work, so I play heavily when I'm at home to make up for it.

Double XP Weekend!

I was doing a search on the name Shock Factor and found this board. I am Shock Factor on the Liberty Server. Lvl 50 Elec/Energy Blaster. Many of the toons I've created have the Factor last name, all part of one big family.
I'm presently working overseas, but when I get home at the end of this month I'll post a few pictures of the character. I've been playing for about 3 years off and on.

Haha, nice way to find the place :D

Yeah man, the "Factor Corp" was this 6-7 person supergroup we had going a few years back. Then everybody went and got lives :(

I played CoH for about two weeks a couple years back. The character customization was amazing, that kept me busy for a while. Playing with friends was fun and I remember spending hours doing the ridiculous jumps when I get my transportation ability. However, the PVE aspect was just so awful, how you just walked into enemies and such. Perhaps it's changed now, but back when I played the actual gameplay didn't offer much.

yeah I think thats pretty much everyone's experience with COH. It's awesome for the first few months or weeks and then the repetition sets in and it becomes a chore. I try to pop in on the free weekends now and then to see if much has changed, but sadly that doesnt appear to be the case. The number of players has REALLY dwindled, even with the launch of COV

The only thing keeping me going is the auction/invention system. Ever since I found a rare piece of salvage and auctioned it off for over 6,000,000 influ, I've been hooked. Although the whole thing makes a few things too damn easy for me. Now that one of my toons is filthy rich, I can just buy recipes for invention-enhancements that never wear off, bid on all the appropriate salvage needed to make them, and never have to worry about replacing certain enhancements slots ever again.

Last time I played COH was last winter. I went to the snowy place and slid down this massive hill with my buddy for hours.

The game really was awesome for those first few months. Aw, memories :heart:

I've always seen this game in the shop, is it worth buying? I mean the pay monthly thing is a bit of an annoyance as ways WoW when I played it.

I don't play PC games much anymore anyway.

Its a fun game at least initially. i got a bit bored by it after I levelled a few toons to the max level (50). I do play sometimes however.

I would play if my local gamestop sold any ****ing time cards. All they ever have are WoW cards thereby making me play that the last few months.

I don't like recurring charges cuz my financial situation is kinda unstable at the moment. Time cards rule for a 2 month spurt and I don't have to give out my credit info online.

have you suggested timecards on the games website?

Hey, Cryptic is working on a Next-Gen Superheo mmorpg called Champions. Apparently it was a pen an paper game before.

http://www.champions-online.com
You know, it's bad enough 80% of City of Heroes' players abandoned ship to play WOW, but now we don't need the remaining players jumping ship for the new superhero MMO on the block. I'm closer to reaching level 50 than ever before, damnit!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"