Anyone else play City Of Heroes/Villains?

Well I did have heroes on those two servers at some point. But there are like 5 other servers to choose from, why is it only those are the high active ones?

I keep getting emails about double xp weekends, and I always say I'm going to play then, but I end up getting side tracked. Is one coming up soon?:huh:
By some weird coincidence, back when we were all scattered across the servers (I was mainly on Justice and Guardian), those two servers were always just a little bit busier. When the developers added the paid server switch, I think a bunch of us just jumped ship. I know I got tired of logging onto Justice and writing "LFT" for hours on end while I solo patrolled the streets of Talos Island with a freaking Defender. Freedom was busy. I moved a couple characters to Freedom.

Double XP Weekends are a rarity, and they only seem to get announced about a week in advance. Just check the news on the front page of CityofHeroes.com every now and then.

Since I've got another year before Champions comes out.

I've been thinking about jumping back on Coh. But I never got CoV. Do I need it?? Is it fun playing as the villians? Or do most people just buy it for the bases?? And most of the time I've heard people talk about their bases, they say they don't really use them much and that the "rent" isnt' worth it... but that's just what I've heard here and there and wanted your guys opinons on it.

Are the servers still pretty active? How many people are starting over with new characters?

Playing a villain is very similar to playing a hero except for the description of missions.

Such as instead of saving a hostage you kidnap someone and they do not follow as easily as in Heroes. Plus other small nuances.

The archetypes are quite different and can be amusing to play.

anyone wanna get a sg going? to rep the shh community

Has any one try playing the new Villain AT on the Test Server. I think there called the Soldiers of Arachnos. I some were in-between disappointed and Satisfied.

Issue 12 expansion of City of Heroes now available. I'm gonna make me a psychic blaster!

Oh? I'll check the site

Edit: Look interesting. Still not enough to make me reactivate my account though. I need new powers dammit!

Just wait for Champions like everyone else. I know that's when my CoH account is getting closed.

Oh, I'm eagerly awaiting Champions. CoH is probably gonna take the "down time" to make some serious updates though.

screenshot_2006-08-01-13-10-16.jpg

My main

screenshot_2006-08-01-13-06-33.jpg

screenshot_2006-08-01-12-50-06.jpg

reposting my characters. Doctor Doom posted so I wanted to show him I created my guy after DD back in 2005 when CoV hes now 50 bots/FF mastermind.

anyway I played the free days wasnt too impressed with the villain epics.

screenshot_2006-08-01-13-10-16.jpg

My main

screenshot_2006-08-01-13-06-33.jpg

screenshot_2006-08-01-12-50-06.jpg

reposting my characters. Doctor Doom posted so I wanted to show him I created my guy after DD back in 2005 when CoV hes now 50 bots/FF mastermind.

anyway I played the free days wasnt too impressed with the villain epics.

Nice! I just loved the endless creativity involed with the creating of super villains, I'm just paranoid someone's gonna steal my awesome ideas

:wow:
:ninja:

anyone wanna get a sg going? to rep the shh community

Dude I am so down for that, I just started another trial account because I lost my old account. I think I'm gonna resubscribe I just need a SG to get into that's all about PvP and all that good stuff.

Why is this thread so dead? I thought this would be a popular game among this community.

Game's kinda old. I played this game to DEATH for like 3.5 years. Until they add a heap of new ****, I'll be on hiatus :up:

That sucks, because I was really trying to get a SHH SG going

Some time in 2009, the people who did COH will release another Superhero mmorpg. It's called Champions Online. Then it'll be all fresh and new again, then you can form a SHH SG.

Some time in 2009, the people who did COH will release another Superhero mmorpg. It's called Champions Online. Then it'll be all fresh and new again, then you can form a SHH SG.

I'm not even totally sure if I can run that. It looks cell shaded so I might be ok. I have 3 months of city of heroes coming to me tomorrow, I got 2 friends to do the refer a friend program. So any current players should speak up if your out there, I'm on Virtue.

Champions Online just got some pretty tough competition. Have you already seen the DC Online vids or read some of the previews? It's going to be a full on action game, no dice rolling or anything. If you hit something, you hit it. Supposedly it'll allow the same freedom as Hulk Ultimate Destruction and Spider-Man games.

No classes, free power selection and you have even an "Inspired by" option, so you can for example choose "Inspired by Superman" and you'll get all of his basic abilities on your character sheet. And no grinding up to lvl 14 to get flight. If you say your character can fly, he can fly. But you'll learn moves like dive bomb as your lvl progresses.

Double XP Weekend, folks.

Champions Online just got some pretty tough competition. Have you already seen the DC Online vids or read some of the previews? It's going to be a full on action game, no dice rolling or anything. If you hit something, you hit it. Supposedly it'll allow the same freedom as Hulk Ultimate Destruction and Spider-Man games.

No classes, free power selection and you have even an "Inspired by" option, so you can for example choose "Inspired by Superman" and you'll get all of his basic abilities on your character sheet. And no grinding up to lvl 14 to get flight. If you say your character can fly, he can fly. But you'll learn moves like dive bomb as your lvl progresses.

I'm gonna have to go find some vids of that. If the graphics are city of heroes style I'll be able to handle it.

Double XP Weekend, folks.

Yeah I havn't really played because my time card doesn't come until tomorrow and it's hard as hell to find a group when you cant PM or broadcast speak. :csad:

I just got my New Box with serial code and my time card. I could use some advice on what server to choose if anyone still plays.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"