Dark of the Moon Anyone else think its time for Bumblebee to talk now?

AVEITWITHJAMON

Badass Cloud
Reaction score
I do, I loved the radio gimmick in the first movie, enjoyed it to a point in the sequel, but now is the time to start having him talk normally like the other Autobots IMO, especially with Bay wanting to go into Bumblebee's character more.

Anyone else think the same?

IMO it was time for him to talk when he actually DID talk at the end of the first movie. :csad:

^Yeah, I think they just should have used it for certain phrases in TF2 that Bumblebee needed help to pronounce, but most of the time he should have talked normally, hope this is what they do in the 3rd movie.

IMO it was time for him to talk when he actually DID talk at the end of the first movie. :csad:

this...i was curious to see how his proper British accent would be in the sequel....instead we got beeps and groans...again..:doh:

^Yeah, I think they just should have used it for certain phrases in TF2 that Bumblebee needed help to pronounce, but most of the time he should have talked normally, hope this is what they do in the 3rd movie.

I think a middle ground like this would work best.

I think a middle ground like this would work best.

Definately, keep the gag by all means, but let start talking normally as well sometimes.

BTW mods, when are all the TF3 threads from here going to be moved to the TF3 thread?

Yep, its way past time for BB to talk normally, and using a younger sounding voice actor would be a good idea too..he sounded far too old in the first movie IMHO

What makes me love Bay's Bumblebee so much is that he is one of the best fighters out there when the situation calls for it, but around Sam, he is a little puppy dog. So yeah, i enjoyed the radio gimmick, while i was skeptical about it at first. Maybe its time for him to talk, but hey its a movie so realism should be put aside. I think the middle ground is the best solution. For example, when Sam chastises him for blowing up the house and orders him to get in the garage, BB says "whatever" with a weird child like voice.
I think that this voice along with the radio are just fine. Anything other than the voice he had at the end of the first movie. He sounded like a 60 year old Englishman.

If Bumblebee gets his voice back, he should sound like a kid IMO. He acts like a kid throughout the movies, so I imagine that he is the Autobot equivelent of a kid or a teenager. He has a wide-eyed innocence about his character design, and his mannerisms are very playful and "cute." His voice from Transformers 1 sounded totally mis-matched to me, because I was expecting him to have a more cute and youthful sounding voice. Instead, he sounded like that Persian guy who falls down the well in 300, and that didn't work at all which is probably why they went back to the radio.

If they did change his voice, they could easily just explain that when his voice came back in TF1, his processor was still significantly damaged, which would also explain why it reverted in Transformers 2. When he actually does get his voice back for real, it should match his character design.

The gag was pointlessly rehashed in the second movie for no discernable reason.

I actually think BB's voice wasn't for some 60 year old englishman. It sounds more like he's using it for the first time or trying to "tune it in". Something along those lines.

Considering Bumblebee was pretty much non-existent in TF2, he should talk. People will start to remember who he actually is.

Yeah. It should of been there the entire time in the 2nd movie as it was actually well you know FIXED at the end of the first film.

Why they kept the radio gimmick is beyond me.

I wouldn't mind if Bumblebee talked in the third movie. It would be like a turning of a page . . . something new for audiences to get used to.

Yeah. It should of been there the entire time in the 2nd movie as it was actually well you know FIXED at the end of the first film.

Why they kept the radio gimmick is beyond me.

the voice they used for him in "Transformers Animated" is similiar to what he should sound like in the movies, IMO

not really considering what happend in the prequel comics. not to mention what BAY did to his personality. he doesnt really deserve to talk

^To be fair not everyone has read the prequel comics though, in fact I bet very few people who actually saw the movies read, so they dont really count, they are just an add on for fans.

I think it was stupid to use that radio gimmick in ROTF, and I hope Bay would make BB "speak" again. He probably won't, though.

Yet let the Tinker Bot talk in the third movie just don't use the guy from the first movie who did the Bumble voice & also did Jet Fire's voice in part 2.

In the preview scene of Sam and Bee in Sam's garage, you saw the clip of Bee mixing up a load of soundbites with his normal voice...

I'd like to see this be the way he communicates in TF3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"