The Amazing Spider-Man 2 Anyone else worried about Sony rushing the Sinister Six?

I don't think Vulture or Doc Ock need their own films. Everybody pretty much has these origins in their heads. I say just let the writers write their own stories. I really have no problem with it.

Establishing Max as a character. Showing a brief intro to Rhino and why he's after whatever Spider-Man retrieved from him. Let's not forget Harry, which looks like he's going to be well established as well from the amount of footage shown with him in the trailers. Then we have the Peter and Gwen love dynamic. Plus we have Aunt May and Peter's suspicious relationship. The entire "figuring out about Peter's parents". Peter still searching for Uncle Ben's killer. Loose ends with Doctor Connors still having part of the Lizard serum in his body. Norman Osborn plotting to kill/destroy Spider-Man. Peter's academic or financial struggles while being Spider-Man. The Man in the Shadows and his evolvement with Oscorp.

All of this and we've only checked off two members of the Sinister 6. How are they going to fit in the other 4 within the next film while this one is so jam packed?

Establishing Max as a character. Showing a brief intro to Rhino and why he's after whatever Spider-Man retrieved from him. Let's not forget Harry, which looks like he's going to be well established as well from the amount of footage shown with him in the trailers. Then we have the Peter and Gwen love dynamic. Plus we have Aunt May and Peter's suspicious relationship. The entire "figuring out about Peter's parents". Peter still searching for Uncle Ben's killer. Loose ends with Doctor Connors still having part of the Lizard serum in his body. Norman Osborn plotting to kill/destroy Spider-Man. Peter's academic or financial struggles while being Spider-Man. The Man in the Shadows and his evolvement with Oscorp.

All of this and we've only checked off two members of the Sinister 6. How are they going to fit in the other 4 within the next film while this one is so jam packed?

First, Peter chasing Ben's killer, Peter's financial problems, and Dr. Connors don't seem to be focal points for this movie. That also goes for the Man in the Shadows aspect of the film. Some revelations might be made, but it's not one of the primary components of the film.

As for your second question: they WON'T fit the other four in the next film. At least not as major characters in any way. That's probably the entire point of the Sinister Six spinoff. It would have a straightforward plot with few, if any, subplots to worry about. It would be able to develop any characters that have yet to be introduced or who were ONLY introduced or teased and not developed.

First, Peter chasing Ben's killer, Peter's financial problems, and Dr. Connors don't seem to be focal points for this movie. That also goes for the Man in the Shadows aspect of the film. Some revelations might be made, but it's not one of the primary components of the film.

As for your second question: they WON'T fit the other four in the next film. At least not as major characters in any way. That's probably the entire point of the Sinister Six spinoff. It would have a straightforward plot with few, if any, subplots to worry about. It would be able to develop any characters that have yet to be introduced or who were ONLY introduced or teased and not developed.

Too many assumptions in this post for me to respond properly.

Too many assumptions in this post for me to respond properly.

And you didn't?

I didn't say anything for certain. Thus key words like "probably" and "don't seem to be." They're quite logical guesses from a film-making standpoint and based on what we know so far. Has Dr. Connors been hinted at in any of the marketing? Nope. Uncle Ben's killer? Nope. Peter trying to make ends meet? Nope. Will four major villains be able to fit properly in the third film with plenty of development for each? Nope.

You made plenty of "assumptions" in the post I originally responded to. You assumed that Doctor Connors, Ben's killer, Peter's struggles with money and school, and The Man in the Shadows were significant parts of TASM2 when there isn't much to suggest that those are elements in the film.

Last edited:

Well good thing they are the filmmakers not you then. Just sit back and enjoy the show son.

This is why I think the Sinister Six won't be in TASM3. The plan from the beginning was to make a story arc that lasts three films, and I think everything is going to wrap up by the end of the third installment. However, with the announced S6 movie, there will most likely be some hints or "seeds" planted here and there to foreshadow "the future," such as the room with the six chambers or the Man in the Shadows being revealed as "the gentleman."

By the end of TASM3, we should have at least half of the villains needed for the Sinister Six. Also, for all we know, they are actually going with the Ultimate Six storyline where Peter is forced to be the 6th member.

And you didn't?

I didn't say anything for certain. Thus key words like "probably" and "don't seem to be." They're quite logical guesses from a film-making standpoint and based on what we know so far. Has Dr. Connors been hinted at in any of the marketing? Nope. Uncle Ben's killer? Nope. Peter trying to make ends meet? Nope. Will four major villains be able to fit properly in the third film with plenty of development for each? Nope.

You made plenty of "assumptions" in the post I originally responded to. You assumed that Doctor Connors, Ben's killer, Peter's struggles with money and school, and The Man in the Shadows were significant parts of TASM2 when there isn't much to suggest that those are elements in the film.

The only point I'm trying to get across is that there's a ton of things going on while only establishing 2 of the 6 amigos. The Sinister 6 in TASM 3 would definitely be rushed in my opinion. But, we've yet to see how TASM 2 plays out. They might cover everything with room to spare, it's all about the pacing.

The only point I'm trying to get across is that there's a ton of things going on while only establishing 2 of the 6 amigos. The Sinister 6 in TASM 3 would definitely be rushed in my opinion. But, we've yet to see how TASM 2 plays out. They might cover everything with room to spare, it's all about the pacing.

:up: Well, I gotta admit I'm with you there.

I agree. I think maybe they can get away with bringing in one character without giving him much development, and I think that could be Shocker. He can be the "thug" that works for the group but also is responsible for designing a lot of the technology that the other group members use. For example, perhaps Herman Schultz helped make Vulture's wings.

Or he could just be what Hawkeye was to the Avengers, y'know?

This is why I think the Sinister Six won't be in TASM3. The plan from the beginning was to make a story arc that lasts three films, and I think everything is going to wrap up by the end of the third installment. However, with the announced S6 movie, there will most likely be some hints or "seeds" planted here and there to foreshadow "the future," such as the room with the six chambers or the Man in the Shadows being revealed as "the gentleman."

By the end of TASM3, we should have at least half of the villains needed for the Sinister Six. Also, for all we know, they are actually going with the Ultimate Six storyline where Peter is forced to be the 6th member.

Sinister 6 is useless if Spider-Man isn't there to stop them. Let's put Thanos or Lex Luthor in their own movies without the Avengers or the Justice League to stop them. Takes the fun out of it...

I agree. I think maybe they can get away with bringing in one character without giving him much development, and I think that could be Shocker. He can be the "thug" that works for the group but also is responsible for designing a lot of the technology that the other group members use. For example, perhaps Herman Schultz helped make Vulture's wings.

Or he could just be what Hawkeye was to the Avengers, y'know?

I'd be sad. lol I like Shocker. Didn't mind it so much with Hawkeye because I never really liked him as a character to begin with.

Sinister 6 is useless if Spider-Man isn't there to stop them. Let's put Thanos or Lex Luthor in their own movies without the Avengers or the Justice League to stop them. Takes the fun out of it...

The idea with Ultimate Six is that he is forced to be a member but by the end of the storyline he takes the other 5 members down.

"We have plans for you, Peter Parker." What if they want to use Peter and add him to the team? He is the first successful cross-species experiment, right? Oscorp will either keep Peter for research or use him as a weapon for themselves.

I'd be sad. lol I like Shocker. Didn't mind it so much with Hawkeye because I never really liked him as a character to begin with.

I like Shocker, too, but next to Doc Ock, Electro, Vulture, Rhino… he isn't that exciting.

I think it could be really cool. Especially if they have good actors for each of the roles. We get to see focus on the villains and how they work with eachother. I've never seen a film like that before (at least not a Comic Book-related film), so, for me, it's an exciting prospect. I think they'd have Spider-man fight them in a later film. Perhaps TASM4. I don't know.

I think it could be really cool. Especially if they have good actors for each of the roles. We get to see focus on the villains and how they work with eachother. I've never seen a film like that before (at least not a Comic Book-related film), so, for me, it's an exciting prospect. I think they'd have Spider-man fight them in a later film. Perhaps TASM4. I don't know.
Well I would think that the movie would mostly focus on the Sinister Six grouping together and end with a huge battle against Spider-Man.

They signed Giamatti for the 2nd and 3rd film. What use does he have being in the 3rd if they're planning on using him for the 4th like you guys are predicting?

Well I would think that the movie would mostly focus on the Sinister Six grouping together and end with a huge battle against Spider-Man.

It's a possibility. We can't really be sure how it's going to play out anyways. After all, Orci said that they weren't even entirely sure how they want to go about it yet. But when I think of the term 'spinoff' I get the idea that it doesn't feature the main character from the main line of films. It just exists in that world. So, in my mind, it sounds like they would create and develop the Six in the spinoff and have Spidey fight them in one of the main films.

I just think it would be odd for these characters to be set up and then, out of nowhere, here's Spider-man fighting them. We don't know what he's been doing during the main events of the film. He just shows up. Just my thoughts, of course. I don't know how it's all going to work out.

They signed Giamatti for the 2nd and 3rd film. What use does he have being in the 3rd if they're planning on using him for the 4th like you guys are predicting?

Not sure. I think he might just serve the same function as he does in the 2nd film. That is, he's still the dumb thug trying to steal something and Spidey lays the smackdown on him.

What do you mean? He is probably going to show up again in TASM3 to further develop his character for the Sinister Six movie.

I think Webb is trying to avoid being formulaic. In other words, it would be too repetitive to introduce a new villain in each Spider-Man film until the S6. Rhino is there to help make it feel more "fluid" I suppose.

It's a possibility. We can't really be sure how it's going to play out anyways. After all, Orci said that they weren't even entirely sure how they want to go about it yet. But when I think of the term 'spinoff' I get the idea that it doesn't feature the main character from the main line of films. It just exists in that world. So, in my mind, it sounds like they would create and develop the Six in the spinoff and have Spidey fight them in one of the main films.

I just think it would be odd for these characters to be set up and then, out of nowhere, here's Spider-man fighting them. We don't know what he's been doing during the main events of the film. He just shows up. Just my thoughts, of course. I don't know how it's all going to work out.
Well did they ever actually use the term, "spin-off" though? Sinister Six can just be the big movie that everything ties into, same with the Avengers… this is the movie where everyone gets together and loose ends are tied up.

So Spider-Man can be a prominent character, but a big part of it will be the formation of the S6.

What do you mean? He is probably going to show up again in TASM3 to further develop his character for the Sinister Six movie.

I think Webb is trying to avoid being formulaic. In other words, it would be too repetitive to introduce a new villain in each Spider-Man film until the S6. Rhino is there to help make it feel more "fluid" I suppose.

Why would they only sign him for 2 and 3 when the 4th is the most important one they need him for? It doesn't make any sense. I still think the S6 will show up in TASM 3 somehow.

Why would they only sign him for 2 and 3 when the 4th is the most important one they need him for? It doesn't make any sense. I still think the S6 will show up in TASM 3 somehow.
Because Giamatti probably signed on before they knew the Sinister Six was going to happen. The guy is so passionate about the character that I think he'll be happy to come back for one more.

So what other possibilities are there in a S6 movie other than them forming? (Assuming Spidey fighting them is in another movie)

I hope they can sign Andrew on for one more. That'd be awesome.

So what other possibilities are there in a S6 movie other than them forming? (Assuming Spidey fighting them is in another movie)
Hmm. If the man in the shadows is the Gentleman, then I think the writers could be taking a lot of inspiration from "The Gathering of the Sinister Six." I think the whole point of that story was about how he had a huge grudge against Peter's parents and wanted to take down Spider-Man. I think this film could perhaps incorporate the symbiote storyline, where Spider-Man uses it to defeat them.

I think no matter what they do though, it WILL involve Spider-Man somehow. It has to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"