Anyone still feel Bale wasn't the right choice??

Discussion in 'Batman Begins' started by Shawn Wayne, Dec 23, 2005.

1. LostSon88

LostSon88 Registered

Hey, the fans (as did I) wanted Bale...the WB obliged--after some convincing by Nolan. Just thank the maker we didn't get Colin Farrel and/or Ashton Kutcher. :mad:

2. Nightwing1977

Nightwing1977 Want to see my mask??

That one of the main reason that I'm glad Bale play the part. He nail the part, hand down. Now it going to be hard to think who else could play him if they keep doing more & he retire. He was so incredible in the roles. You know Cillian Murphy audit the role too? Good thing Nolan cast him as Scarecrow instead. Cillian is about small as Keaton is & I don't want another "Midgetman". :p

3. Batman1939

Batman1939 Registered

Bale Rocked.

4. Redskulled

Redskulled Registered

no one is better than Keaton, and nothing will ever change that!

5. Two-Face

Two-Face Harvey Dent

It did when Bale signed on as Batman in 2003!:up:

6. mcflytrap

mcflytrap Registered

Some of my favorite parts of BB are the little idiosyncrasies like how many of Bruce/Batman's lines are said and the facial expressions he gives...things that would have been different (and I fear not as well liked by me) had it been a different actor.

7. Spidey-Bat

Spidey-Bat Ours is the Fury

Was he a great choice? Yes. Was he the right choice? Definately. Was he the only choice? Absolutely not.

8. CConn

CConn Fountainhead of culture.

Did anyone ever not think Bale was the right choice?

9. javi1024

javi1024 DANGER ZONE!

when i found out Bale was gonna be bruce/batman the only thing i was concerned about was Bale has a bit of a lisp and that might have taken away from his serious tone when batman spoke. but i dont even think i caught it while he was in the suit and he did a kickass job.

10. CrimsonMist

CrimsonMist Registered

heh, it's still there in BB. It just isnt as obvious as Val Kilmer's timeless "Thircus". :D

11. batmaluco

batmaluco Run, Batman! Run!

Bale IS Batman! :up:

12. Banshee

Banshee Registered

"I'm not learning polo Alfred"

hahahah I laugh at that every time

13. Batwing6655

Batwing6655 Registered

bale was alright, would have been a better batman if his cowl wasnt too tight and make him look like jay leno in the cowl. but still, he was a great bruce wayne although i could have done without his "playboy act" and "macking it with the ladies", that was kinda unneeded, but still, he was good. im not ruling out the fact someone could have done better then him, but since hes the one we got, he did a damn good job. wish that he played out the more psycotic bruce wayne that ive seen in some recent graphic novels, kinda like how you could tell keaton was nutto, but bale didnt seemed crazy, he seemed......TOO normal for a guy that dresses up like a bat at night. maybe they'll play more with his "phycotic" side in BB2, that would be sweet.

14. Bale

Bale Registered

I am the BEST.:D

15. The Guard

The Guard Registered

Back when there was talk of seeing a younger Bruce Wayne/Batman, I wanted to see Wes Bentley get a real shot at it. I still think he would have made a fantastic Bruce Wayne. Better than Bale? I dunno, but he would have been fun to watch.

16. Bat Attack

Bat Attack Mirth

I feel that Bale was the perfect choice for Batman :up: :up:

17. Cain

Cain Gentlebane

Bale wasn't the perfect choice he was just a "safe" choice. Before you throw rocks at me like many of you Bale was my choice for the role since 1999. But truthfully he wasn't the best choice although I'm glad that he got cast.

He was one of the people who I had in mind to replace Bale once he leaves :up: the other was Billy Crudup.

18. Nightwing1977

That your opinion. My opinion is that Bale is much better than Keaton & done more too. It will be hard to see who the next to play Batman someday & see who's better than Bale. ;) :D

19. El Payaso

El Payaso Registered

No. It's the actor who plays Batman.

20. Sawyer

Sawyer High King

I had my doubts at first, but they were quickly destroyed when I saw the first pic of him as Bats.

21. Nightwing1977

Dude, don't tell him that!! He might believe Bale is really Batman like believing in Santa Claus. :eek:

22. Mister J

Mister J Ya Get What Ya ****ing Deserve!

You mean there's no Santa? :confused:

:eek:

*runs away screaming with hands over ears*

23. ultimatefan

ultimatefan The Batman must come back

Bale has everything, he can be dark and obsessed and, at the same time, vulnerable and sympathetic, he has the babe magnet playboy looks, the physique... I don´t care about the complaints over his Batman voice, the whole point is that Batman wants to be perceived as something unnatural, monster-like.

24. ChrisBaleBatman

ChrisBaleBatman Legendary Hero

The studio didn't think so.......the guy weighed like a buck 50 soaking wet when he was chosen, and he is more of an Indie star than a Hollywood A-list. It's easy to say NOW that he was the safe choice....but being in Nolan's postion at the time he casted Bale, It was not.

Yeah, I agree on a few levels with you there.

With Keaton, we got an incredible performance. But, there were always whispers from others who wanted more.....and believed other actors could do better. I mean, someone mentioned Alec Baldwin in an earlier post...although he's too old now, I'm sure then he was a popular vote in. With now.....and Bale......I honestly cannot agree with anyone on another Bruce/Batman filling in. Unless it's an unknown that is....but c'mon, that's like the X-Factor in these films.

Thank you........YES. That was the point. Bale was aiming for an anamalistic approach to Batman. It was interesting to see that Bale actually demanded the suit be able to do the poses he wanted like the comics, so that he could do all the cool crouching and lurking poses Bats does. I thought he completely nailed the Bruce Wayne ROLES. Yes...roles, the disilluioned teenager, the angry student, the determined crusader, the playboy......so many facets and levels he pulled off that created a very complex character.

And c'mon....that "drunk" scene was perfect.....

I thank god that Ashton Kutcher was never even close to the role.....those rumor mills had him casted already.

25. Cain

Cain Gentlebane

It was a safe choice because he knew that the fans wouldn't scrutinize him if he cast Bale because a great deal of Bat fans myself included thought that he was the man for the part. Every Bat actor before Bale was a risk in the eyes of fanboys yet the director's made it work and made us believe that we were seeing Batman in the flesh. Keaton is self explanitory, when he left I remember many people saying "they could finally get Alec Baldwin now" then they cast Kilmer and people were like "wtf? he's too young", "a one dimensional actor", "he's got brown hair" fanboys are a vicious lot and before BF's release alot of them were really ****ting on Kilmer.

Then of course you have Clooney the "TV actor" who ended up being one of the better Bruce Wayne's but of course a terrible Batman. If Nolan really wanted to take a risk with the casting he would've stuck with Jake Gylenhaal who I can't see as Batman but supposedly gave a great screen test. He did play it safe, nothing wrong with that and as predicted Bale did his thing but it was safe casting nonetheless.