Batman Begins Anyone still feel Bale wasn't the right choice??

Yeah.......I think it's well known that whatever information on IMDB MUST be taken with a grain of salt because chances are.......it could very well be wrong. Don't think the IMDB is a very credible website, they do ofter make mistakes.....and around here on SHH, not much credibility at all.

I mean, the little rumor that Bale had tried out for ROBIN.....which is b.s., came out of IMDB b/c some dude posted it.

millennium movies said:
The heck? Whats going on here? Whats with all this size issue? It feels like the SR boards debates all over again...

I still miss the casting wars. :(

I've read that about Bale too, but I don't care after the job he did in "Begins"

Shawn Wayne said:
I've read that about Bale too, but I don't care after the job he did in "Begins"

If it was in print, then it must be true.

ChrisBaleBatman: Don't take this the wrong way, but I'll answer Phaser's post instead of yours, as I feel I've already answered those questions previously. Feel free to question the answers I'll give in this post, but let's not go back this far...

Yes, because IMDB is a database that is constantly contributed by people and despite the fact that they could be TRYING to improve, there are far too many examples where they have posted inaccurate information without checking up on it. That's what makes it credibility questionable, especially in this particular case, where I have already posted numerous sources that discredit the information listed on IMDB.

There are still about 30 000 000 people that are registered at this site and it has won awards of excellence.
I agree that it is probably not the most credible source there is, but I wouldn't discredit it either...

I'm not discrediting IMDB completely. Sure they have accurate info. But they are much more prone to posting inaccurate info even moreso than many other sites. That's why information from IMDB can't be held up to scrutiny in an argument.

So you're not completely discrediting IMDb, but nothing coming from there has any worth?

If that's the way you're going to take it, fine. Besides, if your father is anything like you, I don't see why I'd want to respect him anyway.

People don't have to "respect" each other's opinions. Otherwise no one would have the right to criticize the views of radicals and extremists.

See your first sentence... now it's about not respecting someone, not his opinion.
Whether you agree or not with my point of view is irrelevant.

Here's what's wrong with your logic:

1. You seem to take into account only the instances where the character has been portrayed as a big, hulking menace, yet seemingly discount those where he hasn't, despite the fact that they are just as many in number.

2. You seem to have an issue with something extremely trivial. It's still understandable if you were to complain that his height isn't according to his comics profile, which is 6'2. No, you want it to be a lot more than that. You're giving your own personal preferences such importance that you deem it worthy of as long and pointless a debate as this, regardless of the fact that you don't have any solid, hard facts to back your opinion.

1. Not at all, never. I clearly stated that I felt that the interpretations of him I thought felt more 'appropriate' for the character where the ones in which he looked taller. Plus, I already said that I didn't want a "hulking menace", nor a body builder type of Batman. Therefore, your first argument has no worth.

2. The topic was initially about Bale being the right choice or not... and although I felt he was right for the role, I also said that I would've prefered a taller Batman, because I thought it represented my interpretation of the character better. This only transformed into a "long pointless debate" because you couldn't accept the fact that I wanted him that way ( even though it's my right ) and you contributed into transforming a simple remark into what it is right now. It was never about "facts", as you know as well as me that he has been portrayed in many different sizes throughout the ages and anyone can prefer one over the other... you don't need "facts" to support your personal tastes. Therefore, your second argument has no worth.

If Alfred was 6'6, then I would have wanted Bruce Wayne to be at least as tall as he is. Which he is in Begins.

Again, it is exactly what I'm trying to make you understand. You would want Bruce Wayne to be at least as tall as Alfred, because in your interpretation of the characters, that's how you perceive them. I, on the other hand, thinks that having Bruce Wayne be bigger than Alfred fits my view of the characters better.

That's just plain contradiction. First, you said you wanted a Batman that should be taller than the average man in his universe. I showed you that he is. Now you're ignoring what you said and jumping off on an other tangent entirely. Nice going, chump.

No I'm not... read what I said correctly please. I said that I wanted Batman to be taller than the "average man", thus it is fair to say that the supporting characters should support that aspect, which isn't the case in the film, as Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman and Liam Neeson are all taller than Batman. The only character that has the "right" to be equal to Batman is Ra's ( in this particular movie ).

I can say the exact same thing to you. In fact, I'm in an even better position to tell you that, since I've argued my point backed by a number of different sources, while yours is mostly based on your own personal preferences.

Not really, as I'm not the one whining about being in a "pointless debate".
If you want to continue this, stop crying about the fact that you have to do it and just do it. Nothing's forcing you to stay here and do this if it makes you uncomfortable, junior.

No, what I said was it was because of Neeson's role and performance that I didn't have a "problem" with him being taller than Bale. As in I'm trying to ague how it CAN be acceptable for someone who does complain about it, because of the above factors. Not once did I imply that a person's height has any impact or bearing on his role in the story. It's the performance, and only the performance that ultimately counts when all is said and done. That's why so many people still love Keaton today.

That's not what you said... here's what you said to me:

It's somewhat acceptable for Ra's to be a but taller because he plays Bruce's mentor, is the main villain and because of Neeson's jackpot performance.

You see? According to you, because he's Bruce's mentor and because he's the main villain are two reasons you feel makes it more "acceptable" for Ra's to be taller... silly rabbit, pay attention, will ya?

Or you simply failed to grasp the meaning behind my words, little toddler.

Apparently, you didn't even understand yourself... what a pity.

I said he was "at least 6'1". Not once in that part of my post did I actually imply that it was his accurate height. And the reason why I mentioned the part about the suit eventually making him look bigger than he is anyway because at the time of Bale's casting, there were a handful of sources that reported that Bale was 6'0 or 6'1 and a couple of anal retentive posters like you who made a big deal out of it, and that's how we got them to shut up.

I took this quote from this very conversation... if it wasn't accurate, why post it?
Unless you were attempting to use false information to prove a point? Kids these days...

Any given actor in any given film "stands out" primarily because of his performance and not his appearance. Just like how Cruise was obviously shorter than Foxx in Collateral but still managed to put on a bad place of show.

The thing is, Christian Bale's performance didn't stand out any more than the other actor's, as they are all pretty good. Plus, the height of Tom Cruise's 'Vincent' was irrelevant to the story. Batman being tall has a certain degree of importance.

Yes it does. The whole suit makes him look noticeably bigger and bulkier, and the horns and the cowl only amplifies and adds to the illusion of him appearing taller than he is.

It has never been about how bulky he looks. Plus, although the cowl might help to making someone seem slightly taller, the pointy ears don't. In the end, I think what matters the most is when it comes don't to eye contact. Imagine someone that's 4' tall when measured all the way up to his eyes, but that has a 3' forehead. Although he ends up being 7' tall, everyone would say that he's short... the horns mean absolutely nothing, bobby.

Watch the film. I'm tired spoonfeeding you with pics.

Poor little man, already tired...

Just in case you don't pull yet ANOTHER "Alfie Luke", here's two more pics, where you can clearly see both Caine and Bale, clearly 6'2, standing on even ground, legs and shoes very much visible:

Once again, I won't post the pics again to take up more space... you know what they are anyway.

You seem to be forgetting that Micheal Caine's 6'2'' is something that haven't been measured recently. For crying out loud, the man is 72 years old and like Morgan Freeman, you can clearly see in your second pic that there is a curve in his spine ( like almost every old man ), plus you can see that his knee is bent slightly. Bale is still young and in awesome shape... if we could turn back time 40 years and see Michael Caine in his prime, standing perfectly still beside the Christian Bale of today, you'd see a 6'2'' man ( Caine ) standing beside a 6'0'' ( maybe at the most 6'1'' ) man, Christian Bale. Don't you know that people tend to shrink when they get old? ( Not a whole lot, but still... )

Couple these pics and the other pics I posted with the profiles that list both Caine and Bale as 6'2 and your argument of Bale being any shorter is pretty much dead.

The thing with your set of 5 pics is that they could actually be considered as 1, as all the pictures have been taken in the same day. Of course, it doesn't mean that they don't have any worth... I wouldn't go as far as that.

I see that you avoided addressing the actual argument there and only responded with a juvenile witty comeback. Thanks again for proving my point.

The argument was about you not understanding why I would continue to argue he's not 6'2''.
The answer is: Because he's not.

Which is all you can do, anyway.

Because I'm right, of course.

Thereby leaving me with no doubt you're either blind, senile or in complete denial. That river in Egypt is starting to look real good right about now, eh junior?

It wouldn't hurt if you looked in the mirror once in a while there champ, you seem to be missing a lot that's going on around here if you think that's the case. But, if you prefer to live in your own little fantasy world, who am I to stop you?

Looking at the pics and the profiles I've posted, it's very much obvious Bale was speaking in a casual manner. I'm not discrediting the guy. I'm only saying he was speaking of his height in loose terms and not in exact values. Why's that so hard to understand? Or are you afraid of losing that final straw you so desperately seem to hanging onto?

I understand that you think that, but you act like such a narrow-minded man that taking into consideration your "interpretation" of a quote is not something that has a lot of worth. Sorry jacky-boy.

Like I said sweetie, it was a simple joke. The white text would have been inevitably visible once you quoted my post, so there was no point in "hiding it" when you were clearly meant to see it, and see you did. What I didn't anticipate, was you getting your panties in a bunch like that all over it. Jeez, ease down there, babe.

Hmm... sweetie? babe? panties? Sorry Phaser, I'm not really interested...
( It's so strange to know that someone's thinking about my underwear while writting a post like this )

I'm aggressively confrontational. I don't "question" people's intelligence. I outright smack them with a condescending and insulting remark should I even get at least a hint of a lack of intelligence. I don't know why I'm so tolerant with you though. Must be because you're not some Johnny-come-lately newbie and seemed alright at first.

Hey look, it's Mr. Contradiction! You said so yourself:

If I wanted to "question" your intelligence, I wouldn't even attempt it. I would have outright called you a jackass and a moron then and there.

Better luck trying to sound tough next time, kiddo.

Then celebrity heights is wrong. Because a picture is worth a thousand words and the pics I attached with this post clearly seal the deal. Bale is 6'2.

Of course they are, as they don't have the same info as you do! [/Sarcasm]
I think my remarks about those pics speak for themselves...

Marks given out of pity don't apply, son.

Says who? You? Peh-lease, don't make me laugh.
As long as I have 'em, I'm a happy lil' camper, what about you champ?

ChrisBaleBatman said:
Really? Like when...? I've sense none of that really....

I don't know, it's just a slight vibe I get. He seems kind of boasty in The Machinist interviews to me. Like, "Yeah, I'm so dedicated, I made myself a skeleton for the integrity and realism of the film, give me a f***ing award for Christ's sake." Meh, maybe it's because I just watched him in Shaft. *shrugs*

Alfie Luke said:
There are still about 30 000 000 people that are registered at this site and it has won awards of excellence.
I agree that it is probably not the most credible source there is, but I wouldn't discredit it either...

Exactly what I wanted to hear. Pity it took such a long time for you to admit something as simple as this.

So you're not completely discrediting IMDb, but nothing coming from there has any worth?

In this particular case, it doesn't. Because I have already posted nearly a dozen sources that conflict IMDB's, which in this case means IMDB's info is incorrect. Besides, you've already caved into the fact that IMBD is not the most credible source there is, so why stick their info now?

See your first sentence... now it's about not respecting someone, not his opinion.
Whether you agree or not with my point of view is irrelevant.

Whatever floats your boat, skippy.

1. Not at all, never. I clearly stated that I felt that the interpretations of him I thought felt more 'appropriate' for the character where the ones in which he looked taller. Plus, I already said that I didn't want a "hulking menace", nor a body builder type of Batman. Therefore, your first argument has no worth.

But aren't your preferences derived from the instances in the comics and the cartoons where the character DID appear to be a "hulking menace", particularly because of his height and build? That's like saying "I'll take mango milkshake but I don't want it to taste much like one."

2. The topic was initially about Bale being the right choice or not... and although I felt he was right for the role, I also said that I would've prefered a taller Batman, because I thought it represented my interpretation of the character better. This only transformed into a "long pointless debate" because you couldn't accept the fact that I wanted him that way ( even though it's my right ) and you contributed into transforming a simple remark into what it is right now. It was never about "facts", as you know as well as me that he has been portrayed in many different sizes throughout the ages and anyone can prefer one over the other... you don't need "facts" to support your personal tastes. Therefore, your second argument has no worth.

Uh, no. You made a number of unsupported, absurd claims such as:

1. Alfred being taller than Bruce in BB, when he clearly isn't and I've even posted pics to the effect.

2. Your insistence on sticking with IMDB's info being accurate despite the fact that I have presented numerous sources that say different.

3. You have failed to provide comparitively sufficient evidence to back your dumbfounded claim of being only 6 foot.

I believe a combination of the above factors was what turned into such a lengthy debate, but it's primarily because of your own doggedness in trying to back your futile point of Bale being shorter than he really is with weak arguments.

Again, it is exactly what I'm trying to make you understand. You would want Bruce Wayne to be at least as tall as Alfred, because in your interpretation of the characters, that's how you perceive them. I, on the other hand, thinks that having Bruce Wayne be bigger than Alfred fits my view of the characters better.

Fine, we'll leave it personal interpretations then.

No I'm not... read what I said correctly please. I said that I wanted Batman to be taller than the "average man", thus it is fair to say that the supporting characters should support that aspect, which isn't the case in the film, as Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman and Liam Neeson are all taller than Batman. The only character that has the "right" to be equal to Batman is Ra's ( in this particular movie ).

And again I say that your want of Batman being taller than the "average man" is fulfilled in Begins, where he clearly looks bigger and taller than Gordon, all of Ra's ninjas as well as Crane and Falcone's thugs. Add to that the fact that the average height of the American male is around 5'10 and Batman most definitely turns out taller than your "average man" in every possible way. Repeating myself again - even in the film's universe, the supporting cast, or more specifically, only two characters who are noticeably taller than Batman do not constitute as the "average man". Period.

Which once again proves my point of you outright contradicting yourself.

Not really, as I'm not the one whining about being in a "pointless debate".
If you want to continue this, stop crying about the fact that you have to do it and just do it. Nothing's forcing you to stay here and do this if it makes you uncomfortable, junior.

I say it is pointless because it is pointless. It has nothing to do with my own likes or dislikes about it. I've been in much more longer and drawn out debates at the Hype. If you think my criticism of this asinine argument with you is an indication of a weakness on my part, you're dead wrong. And if you think that you can win this argument simply on the merit of endurance alone, think again.

That's not what you said... here's what you said to me:

You see? According to you, because he's Bruce's mentor and because he's the main villain are two reasons you feel makes it more "acceptable" for Ra's to be taller...

Of course, I was presenting reasons for it to be more acceptable for someone who does have a problem with Ra's being taller than Bruce. I don't. So I still don't see how it applies to me.

...silly rabbit, pay attention, will ya?

You're an ideal example of puerile witlessness at it's finest. :up:

Apparently, you didn't even understand yourself... what a pity.

Spare me of your mindless banter. Understandibility is far beyond your feeble grasp, even if one were to shove it right into your face.

I took this quote from this very conversation... if it wasn't accurate, why post it?

What was so "inaccurate" about that quote? I said he was "at least 6'1" and he is.

Unless you were attempting to use false information to prove a point? Kids these days...

What "false information"? Wait, are you trying that age old "I'll post gibberish and get away with it looking all smart and clever" trick? Tsk tsk...

The thing is, Christian Bale's performance didn't stand out any more than the other actor's, as they are all pretty good.

So? You admit he gave a "pretty good" performance. And how exactly does his height have any bearing on that? Come to think of it, how exactly does it have any bearing on the role and performance of any given actor?

Plus, the height of Tom Cruise's 'Vincent' was irrelevant to the story.

Yes, just like it is in the case of Batman.

Batman being tall has a certain degree of importance.

No it doesn't. That's why many skeptics shut their traps when they finally saw Keaton's performance as Batman.

It has never been about how bulky he looks. Plus, although the cowl might help to making someone seem slightly taller, the pointy ears don't. In the end, I think what matters the most is when it comes don't to eye contact.

It's a combination of many different factors. The added bulk of the suit and the cowl already makes him a bit bigger and taller. The effect of the horns on his overall appearance gives an amplified illusion of him being taller even further, if only by a little bit. I don't say that the horns alone make him look taller because they don't. But when combined with the visual effect of the suit in it's entirety along with the cowl and the added bulk of the nomex armor, it does make him look bigger, slightly in height and more noticeably in mass.

Imagine someone that's 4' tall when measured all the way up to his eyes, but that has a 3' forehead. Although he ends up being 7' tall, everyone would say that he's short... the horns mean absolutely nothing, bobby.

When you're looking at the bigger picture, yes of course they do.

Poor little man, already tired...

So you're admitting to being a big-baby that needs to be spoonfed his Cerelac and have his diapers changed at frequent periodic intervals? Good. Unfortunately I was never really good at babysitting anyway, and dumb ones like you that are very demanding aggravate me to no end.

You seem to be forgetting that Micheal Caine's 6'2'' is something that haven't been measured recently. For crying out loud, the man is 72 years old and like Morgan Freeman, you can clearly see in your second pic that there is a curve in his spine ( like almost every old man ), plus you can see that his knee is bent slightly.Bale is still young and in awesome shape... if we could turn back time 40 years and see Michael Caine in his prime, standing perfectly still beside the Christian Bale of today, you'd see a 6'2'' man ( Caine ) standing beside a 6'0'' ( maybe at the most 6'1'' ) man, Christian Bale. Don't you know that people tend to shrink when they get old? ( Not a whole lot, but still... )

Standing on one leg straight with the other knee slightly bent barely makes a difference of less than a quarter inch. Pretty much negligible. Go ahead. Try it and see for yourself.

And what curved spine are you talking about? It's a pic taken directly from the front and you can't tell a curved spine unless you see it from side angles. Besides, if Caine does have a curved spine there or if old age did shrink him by an inch or so, that would explain why he looks slightly shorter than Bale in those two pics. Oh and Bale has one knee slightly bent in the second pic as well.

Here's the pics again for additional reference. Pay attention to the red line above their heads and see the difference for yourself, young one:

Premierenbild_18jpeg_700x456.jpg

Premierenbild_19jpeg_700x456.jpg

The thing with your set of 5 pics is that they could actually be considered as 1, as all the pictures have been taken in the same day.

Yes, but the second set of pics I posted with Bale beside Caine are from another premiere.

The argument was about you not understanding why I would continue to argue he's not 6'2''.
The answer is: Because he's not.

From the looks of those pics, guess he is. You were saying...?

Because I'm right, of course.

Premature declaration of self-victory, the mark of a destined and bona fide loser.

It wouldn't hurt if you looked in the mirror once in a while there champ, you seem to be missing a lot that's going on around here if you think that's the case. But, if you prefer to live in your own little fantasy world, who am I to stop you?

Seems like "fantasy" in your definition means facts backed with pictorial as well as written evidence from multiple sources. Guess you're having so much fun and are so immersed in your own version of a make-believe reality that you can't distinguish the real from the artificial anymore. Not surprising to be honest.

I understand that you think that, but you act like such a narrow-minded man that taking into consideration your "interpretation" of a quote is not something that has a lot of worth. Sorry jacky-boy.

Again a gutless reply that showcases your lack of spine in addressing the argument directly and instead, resorting to half-assed and silly comebacks. Your incompetent reply does nothing to discredit my assertion that Bale was clearly talking about his height in loose terms (just like he does with everything else in that quote) and not in exact values.

Hmm... sweetie? babe? panties? Sorry Phaser, I'm not really interested...
( It's so strange to know that someone's thinking about my underwear while writting a post like this )

So you do wear panties? Meaning I was right about you being some hypersensitive emo chick. Figures.

Hey look, it's Mr. Contradiction! You said so yourself:
Better luck trying to sound tough next time, kiddo.

That's practically begging me to insult you.

Fine.

You're a moron. And a jackass. A thickheaded guitar that couldn't save his infant intellect from drowning in a teacup.

There. That good enough for you?

Of course they are, as they don't have the same info as you do! [/Sarcasm]

Also because their info doesn't match the comparison pics nor with the dozen or so sites (no doubt there are more) that I posted earlier. If you truly believe your info is correct, why not back it with sufficient evidence instead of sticking "[/Sarcasm]" boxes that speak of your laughable inability to post a simple rolleyes smiley?

I think my remarks about those pics speak for themselves...

That you're wrong?

Says who? You? Peh-lease, don't make me laugh.

"Peh-lease"? "Don't make me laugh"? What are you, in second grade? Or did you run out of your daily allocation of half-wits already that you couldn't put any in this part of your post, junior?

As long as I have 'em, I'm a happy lil' camper, what about you champ?

Someone who's content with mercy marks in grade-school geometry is no position to question me about anything.

ChrisBaleBatman: Don't take this the wrong way, but I'll answer Phaser's post instead of yours, as I feel I've already answered those questions previously. Feel free to question the answers I'll give in this post, but let's not go back this far...

It's cool man, I know it's not personal.

I don't know, it's just a slight vibe I get. He seems kind of boasty in The Machinist interviews to me. Like, "Yeah, I'm so dedicated, I made myself a skeleton for the integrity and realism of the film, give me a f***ing award for Christ's sake." Meh, maybe it's because I just watched him in Shaft. *shrugs*

It's probably the Shaft thing,......I mean he's a very hateable guy in that film. What with playing a bigot who beat guys head in.

Looks clear cut and dry to me.

I didn't care for Keaton's height or his atypical Bruce Wayne look and surely I don't care for Bale 1 more or less inch.

I just have gratitude for both of them.

Exactly what I wanted to hear. Pity it took such a long time for you to admit something as simple as this.

Admit what? Please do quote me on where I said that I thought IMDb was the most reliable site there is. If you've been paying any attention to what I've been saying, you'd know that almost since the beggining, I've been claiming that although they had made mistakes, they still had credibility, which doesn't go against what I've just said... it's a pity you never caught that.

In this particular case, it doesn't. Because I have already posted nearly a dozen sources that conflict IMDB's, which in this case means IMDB's info is incorrect. Besides, you've already caved into the fact that IMBD is not the most credible source there is, so why stick their info now?

Again, I never claimed IMDb was the most reliable source ( I'd never have the nerve, as it is clear that Christian Bale himself would be ). If you'd pay more attention, we would be wasting less time hearing about your imaginary "victories".

Whatever floats your boat, skippy.

That's the spirit, champ!

But aren't your preferences derived from the instances in the comics and the cartoons where the character DID appear to be a "hulking menace", particularly because of his height and build? That's like saying "I'll take mango milkshake but I don't want it to taste much like one."

I don't recall ever talking about having Batman being anything like a "hulking menace", in fact didn't I talk about having him use the shadows at his advantage and all that stuff? I think I did... Your complaints would have more weight if they were based on things I actually said. Oh well, that's the Phaser way!

Uh, no. You made a number of unsupported, absurd claims such as:

1. Alfred being taller than Bruce in BB, when he clearly isn't and I've even posted pics to the effect.

2. Your insistence on sticking with IMDB's info being accurate despite the fact that I have presented numerous sources that say different.

3. You have failed to provide comparitively sufficient evidence to back your dumbfounded claim of being only 6 foot.

I believe a combination of the above factors was what turned into such a lengthy debate, but it's primarily because of your own doggedness in trying to back your futile point of Bale being shorter than he really is with weak arguments.

I knew you would end up being confused about all this... I've been meaning to divide those two topics, so you wouldn't mix them all up in your head, guess I waited too long. You see, the part you just quoted that followed with the answers above was about my interpretation of Batman as been tall, it had nothing to do with the debate about how tall Christian Bale is, so none of the points you just brought have any worth.

So far so good, champ.

Fine, we'll leave it personal interpretations then.

... was that so hard?

And again I say that your want of Batman being taller than the "average man" is fulfilled in Begins, where he clearly looks bigger and taller than Gordon, all of Ra's ninjas as well as Crane and Falcone's thugs. Add to that the fact that the average height of the American male is around 5'10 and Batman most definitely turns out taller than your "average man" in every possible way. Repeating myself again - even in the film's universe, the supporting cast, or more specifically, only two characters who are noticeably taller than Batman do not constitute as the "average man". Period.

Phaser, you're not listening... I said two very distinct things that need to be taken into consideration. First of all, Batman does need to be taller than the "average man", BUT he also has to be in proportion with the important characters of the movie, which isn't the case in Begins. If you want to keep Batman the same height at all cost, take shorter actors to be cast with him ( Yes, it is silly, but if you must keep Batman the way he is... that's what you have to do ) Of course, that's based on what I'd like Batman to be, so try to keep this into consideration when you start babbling.

I say it is pointless because it is pointless. It has nothing to do with my own likes or dislikes about it. I've been in much more longer and drawn out debates at the Hype. If you think my criticism of this asinine argument with you is an indication of a weakness on my part, you're dead wrong. And if you think that you can win this argument simply on the merit of endurance alone, think again.

I never said it was an indication of weakness, but I think pretty much everyone reading this thinks it's "pointless". You don't need to cry about it... I'm enjoying this, I'm sure you are too, so who cares?!?

Of course, I was presenting reasons for it to be more acceptable for someone who does have a problem with Ra's being taller than Bruce. I don't. So I still don't see how it applies to me.

Of course you were...

It's somewhat acceptable for Ra's to be a but taller because he plays Bruce's mentor, is the main villain and because of Neeson's jackpot performance.

Yeah, when we read this, it's clear that you're talking about reasons that OTHER PEOPLE than yourself would consider, but certainly not you... come on now, do you honestly think you're fooling anyone?

You're an ideal example of puerile witlessness at it's finest.

Spare me of your mindless banter. Understandibility is far beyond your feeble grasp, even if one were to shove it right into your face.

Ah! That always the best moment of a debate... when the other one starts cracking out mindless insults. That my friend, is what being annoyed is all about. Fun stuff...

What was so "inaccurate" about that quote? I said he was "at least 6'1" and he is.

I'm talking about your comment on the added height that the suit provides, of course.

So? You admit he gave a "pretty good" performance. And how exactly does his height have any bearing on that? Come to think of it, how exactly does it have any bearing on the role and performance of any given actor?

If they were to make a "David & Goliath" movie, no matter how good the actors' performance could be, if the actor playing Goliath was let's say 5'9'' and the one playing David 5'6'', it would kinda have an impact on the story... and probably not in a good way.

Yes, just like it is in the case of Batman.

It all depends how you interpret the character... you like to see Batman about average height, I don't. Therefore it has an impact on the story, to a certain extend.

No it doesn't. That's why many skeptics shut their traps when they finally saw Keaton's performance as Batman.

I didn't have any knowledge of Keaton prior to Batman and although he was great in the role, it doesn't mean I wouldn't have prefered to see him taller. You see, it's not about changing the actor to take one that's taller... if they simply could've been taller, it would've been better.

It's a combination of many different factors. The added bulk of the suit and the cowl already makes him a bit bigger and taller. The effect of the horns on his overall appearance gives an amplified illusion of him being taller even further, if only by a little bit. I don't say that the horns alone make him look taller because they don't. But when combined with the visual effect of the suit in it's entirety along with the cowl and the added bulk of the nomex armor, it does make him look bigger, slightly in height and more noticeably in mass.

I don't agree... if someone's standing in front of me in a Batman suit, no matter how long his horns are, it doesn't affect my perception of his height. Unless the person looking at him isn't smart enough to understand this 'trick'... which frankly, doesn't really fool anyone.

When you're looking at the bigger picture, yes of course they do.

If he had fake eyes on the tip of his horns, that would be a different story.
In the mean time, the pseudo effect of his horns is negligable.

So you're admitting to being a big-baby that needs to be spoonfed his Cerelac and have his diapers changed at frequent periodic intervals? Good. Unfortunately I was never really good at babysitting anyway, and dumb ones like you that are very demanding aggravate me to no end.

Lost again, in your silly dillusions... I commented the fact that you were 'tired', the rest you made up yourself. I believe everyone reading this is smart enough to see you're just babbling once more.

Brace yourself for this one... it's called: Perspective!
Try it: Ask you mom to take a picture of you and someone slightly taller or even the same height than you, but have that person stand behind you, let's say a meter or more... and voilà! It looks like you're taller than him!

Again, Michael Caine's knee is noticably bent ( more so than Bale's ) and because of the angle, it's hard to see his other one isn't also. Plus, like I stated earlier, being the old man that he is, we can see a slight curve in his neck that makes him look shorter. Finally, like every old people... he's somewhat 'smaller' than he used to be. I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to measure him today, if he was shorter than 6'2'' now.

Yes, but the second set of pics I posted with Bale beside Caine are from another premiere.

Yeah, I know...

From the looks of those pics, guess he is. You were saying...?

That he's not... one more time?

Premature declaration of self-victory, the mark of a destined and bona fide loser.

No. It's something called enthusiasm... I know, it's complicated, right?
Oh look! Some more of Phaser's "insults", so fun! ^_^

Seems like "fantasy" in your definition means facts backed with pictorial as well as written evidence from multiple sources. Guess you're having so much fun and are so immersed in your own version of a make-believe reality that you can't distinguish the real from the artificial anymore. Not surprising to be honest.

Fantasy, as in seeing stuff that isn't necessarily true... you're trying too hard. I see it often anyways, it's no biggie. I think my comments regarding the pic have to be taken into account.

So you do wear panties? Meaning I was right about you being some hypersensitive emo chick. Figures.

Again with the panties? Man that's all you have on your mind...
Ah ah... emo chick, that's priceless kiddo.

That's practically begging me to insult you.

Fine.

You're a moron. And a jackass. A thickheaded guitar that couldn't save his infant intellect from drowning in a teacup.

There. That good enough for you?

Actually... not really. Where's the agressively confrontational?
Oh! That's it? Wow... yeah... okay... insults. Hmm... I guess.

Also because their info doesn't match the comparison pics nor with the dozen or so sites (no doubt there are more) that I posted earlier. If you truly believe your info is correct, why not back it with sufficient evidence instead of sticking "[/Sarcasm]" boxes that speak of your laughable inability to post a simple rolleyes smiley?

Please... 9 sites. Plus, I don't feel the need to find other sites to 'prove' what I'm saying because the very pics that you try to use against me prove what I'm saying. I'm just sitting back and enjoying the ride... sweet stuff.

That you're wrong?

You're almost there... but it's 'right'.

"Peh-lease"? "Don't make me laugh"? What are you, in second grade? Or did you run out of your daily allocation of half-wits already that you couldn't put any in this part of your post, junior?

Yeah, maybe I should start calling you sweetie or babe, to show you who's the boss! ah ah

Someone who's content with mercy marks in grade-school geometry is no position to question me about anything.

Oh wait! You actually thought I was being serious? ... ouch.

The pics show it clearly Bale & Caine are quite the same height, Alfie. If you think otherwise, then you're in denial or got some problem here. And the only one is whining & complaining is you with your nonsense about height. People who make big deal about Bale's height as Batman need help. It was fine & it didn't harm what people enjoy BB as the best Batman movie ever made. Get over it already. :down:

Alfie Luke said:
Admit what? Please do quote me on where I said that I thought IMDb was the most reliable site there is. If you've been paying any attention to what I've been saying, you'd know that almost since the beggining, I've been claiming that although they had made mistakes, they still had credibility, which doesn't go against what I've just said... it's a pity you never caught that.

But it does go against your apparent refusal to accept info that's been reported by the other numerous sites I mentioned. Why else would you be so hesitant in discrediting the info reported by IMDB regarding Bale's height despite the fact that you acknowledge they're not the most reliable site there is, particularly when a number of sources conflict with the info reported by them?

The only other "source" you have is Bale's quote, concerning which you have yet to refute my point of him speaking rather casually and loosely in terms of both his height and weight instead of in exact, precise values.

Again, I never claimed IMDb was the most reliable source ( I'd never have the nerve, as it is clear that Christian Bale himself would be ). If you'd pay more attention, we would be wasting less time hearing about your imaginary "victories".

The only one who's been waving slogans of premature and imaginary "victories" here is you, chump. Something I highlighted in my last post. Cram it in your head like the brain you never had.

I don't recall ever talking about having Batman being anything like a "hulking menace", in fact didn't I talk about having him use the shadows at his advantage and all that stuff?

Where did the "use the shadows at his advantage" argument come from? Are you imagining things, because not once in this ENTIRE THREAD did I ever argue with on that subject...

Also, the word "hulking menace" is but an anology to describe his appearance in relation to the size you want to see him in.

I think I did... Your complaints would have more weight if they were based on things I actually said. Oh well, that's the Phaser way!

Having trouble getting your own words straight? You outright said your preference of wanting Batman to be bigger than the "average man" was derived from instances in the comics and the cartoons where he was drawn as such. And in those incarnations, he is clearly a "hulking menace", at least in a comparitive sense. Now, do you get it, Little Lukey?

I knew you would end up being confused about all this... I've been meaning to divide those two topics, so you wouldn't mix them all up in your head, guess I waited too long. You see, the part you just quoted that followed with the answers above was about my interpretation of Batman as been tall, it had nothing to do with the debate about how tall Christian Bale is, so none of the points you just brought have any worth.

How on earth does your absurd claim of Bale being shorter than Cain in the film, as you put it very clearly in your own words...

Lost Lukey in Hyperland said:
According to IMDb, Christian Bale is 6'.
... and guess what, Michael Caine is 6' 2''.

To my knowledge, Alfred was never taller than Batman... sure, it's a minor detail, but I think it takes away from the character.

...not have anything to do with Bale's height?

Phaser, you're not listening... I said two very distinct things that need to be taken into consideration. First of all, Batman does need to be taller than the "average man", BUT he also has to be in proportion with the important characters of the movie, which isn't the case in Begins.

No, you added the part about Batman needing to be in proportion with other characters in the movie (or namely, the only two characters in the movie that are taller than him) after your senseless claim of Batman not being taller than the "average man" in Begins was thrown out in the garbage.

If you want to keep Batman the same height at all cost, take shorter actors to be cast with him ( Yes, it is silly, but if you must keep Batman the way he is... that's what you have to do ) Of course, that's based on what I'd like Batman to be, so try to keep this into consideration when you start babbling.

I don't see anyone would want to prioritize Batman's height so much, especially when the actor in question particularly matches the profile of the character which automatically makes your point a moot one to begin with. Your asinine proposition about recasting shorter actors movie simply because only two freakin' characters are taller than him kills any hope of an intellectual debate with you.

I never said it was an indication of weakness, but I think pretty much everyone reading this thinks it's "pointless". You don't need to cry about it... I'm enjoying this, I'm sure you are too, so who cares?!?

Again, you need to wrap your empty little head around the simple, but indubitable fact that one's expression of the pointlessness of a "pointless" subject does not constitute "crying". It's only a remark on the nature of the topic at hand.

Of course you were...

Yeah, when we read this, it's clear that you're talking about reasons that OTHER PEOPLE than yourself would consider, but certainly not you... come on now, do you honestly think you're fooling anyone?

Here, I'll lay it all down for you nice and simple -

First of all, I never said that I had a problem with Ra's being taller than Bruce, and unless you have clear cut words to quote me on that, you're only deluding yourself with your own assumptions about something I never implied in the first place. And frankly, it is absurd to think that you can hold me responsible for conjecture cooked up by yourself based on your apparent incompetence in understanding my words.

Secondly, my whole argument with you on this entire matter is a testification of that very truth. Because I don't have a problem with it is the VERY REASON why I argue with people who do.

Ah! That always the best moment of a debate... when the other one starts cracking out mindless insults. That my friend, is what being annoyed is all about. Fun stuff...

Open your eyes, chump. This argument went down that road long back. Because hurling condescending remarks like "jackie-boy" and "bobby" are hardly any less insulting.

I'm talking about your comment on the added height that the suit provides, of course.

And what was wrong with that comment?

If they were to make a "David & Goliath" movie, no matter how good the actors' performance could be, if the actor playing Goliath was let's say 5'9'' and the one playing David 5'6'', it would kinda have an impact on the story... and probably not in a good way.

Why argue with irrelevant examples when there are more appropriate ones out there? Does Keaton's Batman being shorter than the Joker have an impact on the story itself in any way, whatsoever?

It all depends how you interpret the character... you like to see Batman about average height, I don't. Therefore it has an impact on the story, to a certain extend.

Average height would be around 5'10. And Batman is undeniably more taller than that in the film, and just about everyone else he encounters, save for only two characters. But since those two characters don't constitute "an average person" even in the film's own universe nor do they dispute the fact that Batman is clearly bigger, both in mass and height than almost anyone he encounters, your redundant argument falls flat on it's face yet again for the umpteenth time.

I didn't have any knowledge of Keaton prior to Batman and although he was great in the role, it doesn't mean I wouldn't have prefered to see him taller. You see, it's not about changing the actor to take one that's taller... if they simply could've been taller, it would've been better.

But that still doesn't provide for your baseless statement that his height had any kind of impact on the story of the film in any way whatsoever.

I don't agree... if someone's standing in front of me in a Batman suit, no matter how long his horns are, it doesn't affect my perception of his height. Unless the person looking at him isn't smart enough to understand this 'trick'... which frankly, doesn't really fool anyone. If he had fake eyes on the tip of his horns, that would be a different story.
In the mean time, the pseudo effect of his horns is negligable.

How many times do I have to say this? It's not the horns alone, but a combination of the horns with the thick cowl and the buffed up bodysuit that gives the amplified illusion of him being even bigger in mass and height (albeit to a slight extent).

Lost again, in your silly dillusions... I commented the fact that you were 'tired', the rest you made up yourself. I believe everyone reading this is smart enough to see you're just babbling once more.

No, it was simply an appropriate reply to your half-witted quote. It's really quite amusing to see you joke around like a clown but having trouble comprehending the same if someone else pulls a joke on you.

Brace yourself for this one... it's called: Perspective!
Try it: Ask you mom to take a picture of you and someone slightly taller or even the same height than you, but have that person stand behind you, let's say a meter or more... and voilà! It looks like you're taller than him!

Brace yourself for this one...it's called: Common sense!

Caine isn't even standing an arm's length behind Bale in that pic, let alone "a meter or more" as you so inanely claim.

Again, Michael Caine's knee is noticably bent ( more so than Bale's ) and because of the angle, it's hard to see his other one isn't also.

Caine's other leg is very much straight. And a slightly bent knee accounts for less than a quarter inch of difference in height. You seem so hilariously desperate grasping for any fraction of inches you could get your pitiful hands on to support your meaningless banter, I can't keep myself from bursting into uncontrolled fits of laughter!

Plus, like I stated earlier, being the old man that he is, we can see a slight curve in his neck that makes him look shorter.

What curve in the neck? What bent spine? You can't make out details like that from a picture taken directly from the front. If you're so sure of what you see, why not zoom in on the part referring to and highlight it for us?

Finally, like every old people... he's somewhat 'smaller' than he used to be. I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to measure him today, if he was shorter than 6'2'' now.

Of course he is slightly less than 6'2 now. That's why he looks a bit shorter than Bale. In both pics.

That he's not... one more time?

Wrong again.

No. It's something called enthusiasm... I know, it's complicated, right?
Oh look! Some more of Phaser's "insults", so fun! ^_^

Or more like getting ahead of yourself, toddler.

Fantasy, as in seeing stuff that isn't necessarily true... you're trying too hard. I see it often anyways, it's no biggie. I think my comments regarding the pic have to be taken into account.

Yes, your "comments" regarding the pics have been taken into account. And subsequently discared as well.

Again with the panties? Man that's all you have on your mind...
Ah ah... emo chick, that's priceless kiddo.

Why? Feeling uncorfortable with someone trying to remind you of your true sexuality? Repression is bad for mental and physical health, luv.

Please... 9 sites.

That's still way more than anything you managed to come up with so far, chump.

Plus, I don't feel the need to find other sites to 'prove' what I'm saying because the very pics that you try to use against me prove what I'm saying.

Uh...no they don't, skippy.

I'm just sitting back and enjoying the ride... sweet stuff.

Oh this is sweet stuff all right.

You're almost there... but it's 'right'.

Uh-huh. But you're wrong.

Yeah, maybe I should start calling you sweetie or babe, to show you who's the boss! ah ah

"Sweetie" and "babe" were only compliments keeping in mind your femininely hypersensitive qualities, dear. I'm sorry for you if whatever self-esteem you have left was hurt or amputated by the impression of being dominated like that.

Oh wait! You actually thought I was being serious? ... ouch.

So you actually took my comment "seriously" enough as to pull back and reconfirm your stance that you were NOT "serious"? You sure do have a way of blatantly giving yourself away there, chucky. :up:

But it does go against your apparent refusal to accept info that's been reported by the other numerous sites I mentioned. Why else would you be so hesitant in discrediting the info reported by IMDB regarding Bale's height despite the fact that you acknowledge they're not the most reliable site there is, particularly when a number of sources conflict with the info reported by them?

Please, do try to keep up with the conversation, champ. My refusal to 'accept' your view of the non-credibility of IMDb goes far beyond the simple part about Christian Bale's height. You seemed more than ready to condemn the whole site, simply based on a few mistakes.

The only other "source" you have is Bale's quote, concerning which you have yet to refute my point of him speaking rather casually and loosely in terms of both his height and weight instead of in exact, precise values.

CelebHeights.com, check it out kiddo.

The only one who's been waving slogans of premature and imaginary "victories" here is you, chump. Something I highlighted in my last post. Cram it in your head like the brain you never had.

Based on your recent statement, it seems to me that you've been doing just that.

Where did the "use the shadows at his advantage" argument come from? Are you imagining things, because not once in this ENTIRE THREAD did I ever argue with on that subject...

You pretented I said that I wanted him to be a "hulking menace", the "use the shadows at his advantage" and all the rest was presented, in order to show you that I hadn't said sucha thing. It was an example of the kind of comment I had made about what I wanted Batman to be like... if you can find anywhere a quote of me saying that I want him to be a "hulking menace", you're a magician... otherwise you're just being delirious. Heck, I even recall talking about not wanting him to be like a body builder or anything like that.

Also, the word "hulking menace" is but an anology to describe his appearance in relation to the size you want to see him in.

There's a heck of a difference between being a "hulking menace" and simply being taller and somewhat bigger. I don't want to see Hulk in a Batman suit.

Having trouble getting your own words straight? You outright said your preference of wanting Batman to be bigger than the "average man" was derived from instances in the comics and the cartoons where he was drawn as such. And in those incarnations, he is clearly a "hulking menace", at least in a comparitive sense. Now, do you get it, Little Lukey?

Being bigger than the "average man" doesn't emply that he's a "hulking menace". Plus, you and I both agree that he's been portrayed in a variety of ways over the years and I said I prefered the interpretations of him as been taller, not a Hulk-like creature of the night. You're trying to twist my words in an attempt to use them against me, but it's not really working. Silly kid.

How on earth does your absurd claim of Bale being shorter than Cain in the film, as you put it very clearly in your own words...

...not have anything to do with Bale's height?

Exactly. Check back the part I said didn't have anything to do with Bale's height...
We're talking about the height I want Batman to be and Bale's height.

No, you added the part about Batman needing to be in proportion with other characters in the movie (or namely, the only two characters in the movie that are taller than him) after your senseless claim of Batman not being taller than the "average man" in Begins was thrown out in the garbage.

I had to "add" it, because you talked about the fact that in the comics or cartoons, it might have been everyone else that was made smaller, to contrast with the officially 6'2'' Batman. By doing so, you proved my argument that Batman was taller than the "average man", but in order for that to be the case, things need to be kept in proportion. Once doesn't really go without the other, that's why it's not actually "added", jacky-boy.

I don't see anyone would want to prioritize Batman's height so much, especially when the actor in question particularly matches the profile of the character which automatically makes your point a moot one to begin with. Your asinine proposition about recasting shorter actors movie simply because only two freakin' characters are taller than him kills any hope of an intellectual debate with you.

You complain about my [/Sarcasm], but when it's not there, you just can't understand a sarcastic remark when you see one. Of course it's absurd to recast all the roles, just to make Batman look taller, that's part of what sarcasm is all about. If you had been paying attention, you would've noticed that I talked about not wanting to recast people, as I said that I thought Bale did a good job. It doesn't mean that I can't say I would've prefered a taller Batman... heck, if Christian Bale was taller, that would be great.

Again, you need to wrap your empty little head around the simple, but indubitable fact that one's expression of the pointlessness of a "pointless" subject does not constitute "crying". It's only a remark on the nature of the topic at hand.

A pointless remark about the pointlessness of a "pointless" subject...
Yeah, that's pretty much like crying for no reason. No one really cares anyway.

Here, I'll lay it all down for you nice and simple -

First of all, I never said that I had a problem with Ra's being taller than Bruce, and unless you have clear cut words to quote me on that, you're only deluding yourself with your own assumptions about something I never implied in the first place. And frankly, it is absurd to think that you can hold me responsible for conjecture cooked up by yourself based on your apparent incompetence in understanding my words.

Secondly, my whole argument with you on this entire matter is a testification of that very truth. Because I don't have a problem with it is the VERY REASON why I argue with people who do.

I never said you said you had a problem with Ra's being taller than Bruce, kiddo.
Let's have a look at what you said, shall we?

The only ones who are taller than they're supposed to is Ra's, Alfred and Fox. And they're not so tall as they completely dwarf Bruce Wayne. They just seem a little bit taller. It's somewhat acceptable for Ra's to be a but taller because he plays Bruce's mentor, is the main villain and because of Neeson's jackpot performance. Fox? He was never as significant a character (neither in the film nor in the comics), so it's not that big of a problem. As for Alfred, well he is just as tall as Bruce so again I don't take that big an issue with it. At least not as big as indulge myself into a lengthy debate for it.

You see, it was clear that you didn't have an issue with this, that was never the point of what I said. My whole point was about the reasons why that was the case. The way you presented it makes it clear that some of the reasons you don't "take that big an issue" with the height of Ra's is because he's "Bruce's mentor and the main villain", which went along with my conception of a taller Batman.

Open your eyes, chump. This argument went down that road long back. Because hurling condescending remarks like "jackie-boy" and "bobby" are hardly any less insulting.

Ah, you feel insulted by those remarks? I thought we were just joking around...
After that, I'm supposed to be the "emo chick"? Where's all that confrontational aggresiveness you've been talking about?

And what was wrong with that comment?

Oy, you are lost... you should know, you're the one that posted it.
You claimed that the suit would provide Bale with the added height he needed to be the "perfect Batman", but when I presented your own statement to you, you claimed it wasn't 'right' and that it was simply used to "shut people up" that were complaining about Bale's height.

Why argue with irrelevant examples when there are more appropriate ones out there? Does Keaton's Batman being shorter than the Joker have an impact on the story itself in any way, whatsoever?

It's not just a question of "story", it can affect the dynamic between the characters. And yes, it had an impact in Batman '89. You clearly stated earlier that the fact that Ra's was Bruce's mentor and the main villain, it made it okay for him to be taller, therefore height has an impact, depending on who or what the character is... I felt it affected Batman '89 negatively. I'm not taking anything away from the actual performance of Keaton, nor Bale.

Average height would be around 5'10. And Batman is undeniably more taller than that in the film, and just about everyone else he encounters, save for only two characters. But since those two characters don't constitute "an average person" even in the film's own universe nor do they dispute the fact that Batman is clearly bigger, both in mass and height than almost anyone he encounters, your redundant argument falls flat on it's face yet again for the umpteenth time.

Eh eh... "more taller". I know, I know, it's a cheap shot, I just find those funny.
Moving on. It's possible to say that Batman in Begins is "taller than the average man", but it's such a minimal difference that it ends up not having any real worth. At the end of the movie, I still felt as though Batman ( and Bruce Wayne ) were not as tall as they should be. Did it ruin the movie for me? No. Did it annoy me to a certain extend? Yes. Plus, we can't forget Tom Wilkinson, who's also bigger than Bruce... and all the rest, which aren't significantly smaller than him ( Bruce ).

But that still doesn't provide for your baseless statement that his height had any kind of impact on the story of the film in any way whatsoever.

Part of the story is up to interpretation and the relationships between the characters or simply the dynamic between them is relevant to the story. If those are changed, it can change the aspect of the story. You have to look deeper than the simple plot or scenario.

How many times do I have to say this? It's not the horns alone, but a combination of the horns with the thick cowl and the buffed up bodysuit that gives the amplified illusion of him being even bigger in mass and height (albeit to a slight extent).

You don't have to repeat it, as I had made it clear that although the cowl, the costume and the boots DID contribute to making Batman look slightly bigger and taller, the horns didn't have any kind of significant impact on the perception of height of the character. Unless you're completely blind to the notion of 'illusion'.

No, it was simply an appropriate reply to your half-witted quote. It's really quite amusing to see you joke around like a clown but having trouble comprehending the same if someone else pulls a joke on you.

Silly, I was joking too.

Brace yourself for this one...it's called: Common sense!

Caine isn't even standing an arm's length behind Bale in that pic, let alone "a meter or more" as you so inanely claim.

I never "claimed" he was a meter away, that was part of the example I gave, to make you understand perspective, I thought that was pretty clear. Should've known you wouldn't understand... pity.

Caine's other leg is very much straight. And a slightly bent knee accounts for less than a quarter inch of difference in height. You seem so hilariously desperate grasping for any fraction of inches you could get your pitiful hands on to support your meaningless banter, I can't keep myself from bursting into uncontrolled fits of laughter!

What curve in the neck? What bent spine? You can't make out details like that from a picture taken directly from the front. If you're so sure of what you see, why not zoom in on the part referring to and highlight it for us?

How about this then?

christian_bale12.jpg

Didn't you say you saw the movie? If you did, you'd know it's clear as day his back is slightly bent, like most old people. Plus, this pic clearly shows that, if his back was straight, he'd be even taller than Bale. Add to that the fact that he's shrinking, slightly... and voilà!

Of course he is slightly less than 6'2 now. That's why he looks a bit shorter than Bale. In both pics.

See the above pic for refutal, thank you.

Wrong again.

Unfortunately for you, it's not the case...

Or more like getting ahead of yourself, toddler.

No, my first idea was better... enthusiasm.

Yes, your "comments" regarding the pics have been taken into account. And subsequently discared as well.

Guess again, cap'tain.

Why? Feeling uncorfortable with someone trying to remind you of your true sexuality? Repression is bad for mental and physical health, luv.

Hmm... look here folks, we're starting to see a clear pattern of someone unconsciously obsessed. He's so far down that he's starting to treat other male members of SHH as "sweetie", "babe", "luv", talks about panties and even tries to question other people's sexuality. Verdict?

That's still way more than anything you managed to come up with so far, chump.

Images speak for me... yours and mine for that matter.

Uh...no they don't, skippy.

Unfortunately yeah, they do... sorry, bobby.

Oh this is sweet stuff all right.

You're telling me, I'm enjoying this since the beginning...

Uh-huh. But you're wrong.

Hmm, what was that again? Oh yeah, I'm right.

"Sweetie" and "babe" were only compliments keeping in mind your femininely hypersensitive qualities, dear. I'm sorry for you if whatever self-esteem you have left was hurt or amputated by the impression of being dominated like that.

Wait a sec, was there someone that felt insulted by our little 'name calling' game?
What? Phaser was? Dammit... fine, I have no other choice but to pass you the torch of hypersensitivity. You earned it kid, enjoy it.

So you actually took my comment "seriously" enough as to pull back and reconfirm your stance that you were NOT "serious"? You sure do have a way of blatantly giving yourself away there, chucky.

It's an old trick I've learned to prevent people from venturing into any territory, it worked perfectly. It forced you to 'come back to relatity', didn't it? Ah, the marvels of the human mind...

Wow, what an epic battle. I didn't think it would go the distance.

Alfie Luke said:
I think this might settle this once and for all... read from bottom up.

http://www.celebheights.com/s/Christian-Bale-721.html

Plus, I'll add a few pictures they mention.

52998727.jpg

52998726.jpg

p1.jpg

baleneeson9fm.jpg

About 95 % of them agree that he's not 6'2''...
For some reason, I think their combined opinion + examples are worth more than yours.

... good day.

I think the consenus it that Bale is between 6'0 and 6'1". That seems awful minute to suggest that someone else should have played Bruce Wayne/Batman other than Bale.

If there was another reason such as better actor, better appearance, etc. then I could at least respect your debate for someone, if not agree, but for a mere 1" to 1 1/2" difference? That just nic picking.

^ Actually raybia, I think that's where the missunderstanding lies...
I never once claimed that Christian Bale wasn't a 'good' Batman. In fact, of all the actors that have played him, he's probably the best. But that doesn't stop me from feeling as though it would be better if Batman was taller. If they could take Christian Bale and make him taller, that would be awesome... but they can't.

As I've previously said, I would never sacrifice talent for height. The initial question was whether or not we felt Bale was the right choice or not for the role. I think he is, but I would've prefered if he was taller. I don't think that's a ridiculous complaint at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"