World Anyone want to play an "X-Men Evolution" based message board RPG?

Dread

TMNT 1984-2009
Reaction score
I figured this was the best place to type this; if not, hopefully a mod will move it and this error was done in ignorance.

Onto the issue at hand, I've been running a message board RPG (on Yuku.com) loosely based around the 2000-2003 animated series "X-Men Evolution" since 2002. It is a game which worked closely within that continuity, but which made at times drastic changes to it based on my whim as a game runner as well as based on the characters and actions made by my players over the years. It is a game which has kept the cast low and has been as carefully run as I could, based on my experiences running tabletop RPG's (even making some) back in high school. Currently, there are some openings for new players and since I have recruited the lion's share of my troupe from Super Hero Hype, I figured this was the best place to start.

The game followed the four official seasons of the cartoon in terms of the general tone and plot of the game. Currently, however, we'd be in the middle of a metaphorical 5th or 6th season where things have naturally progressed. Most of the cast would be 18 and up, the Brotherhood are now housed in the internationally recognized island of Genosha, mutants are known to the public and Magneto is seemingly dead after a joint effort from the X-Men, a squad of SHIELD "Avengers" and some disagreeing Brotherhood members. Their current threat is that of the Inner Circle of the Hellfire Club as well as the machinations of Mr. Sinister.

For the record, past players have included notables such as Dew K. Mosi, Cyclops, Zoken, Lactophiliac, and Franklin Richards.

The game allows players to make their own original characters or to use an official Marvel Comics mutant character. The caveat of course is that it has to fit in with the game's continuity, which usually involves a little guidance. Official Marvel characters who are either being played (or have been played) by other players or are NPC's include: Professor X, Wolverine, Storm, Beast, Emma Frost, Angel, Mystique, Quicksilver, Scarlet Witch, Maverick, Omega Red, Gambit, Havok, Nightcrawler, Juggernaut, Squirrel-Girl, Boom-Boom, Colossus, and Sabretooth.

If anyone is interested, I can answer all questions either here or in SHH PM. Thanks for reading!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"