Anyone would love to see see a Marvel Knights movie?

Hordakfan

Civilian
Reaction score
I think if Buenva Vista buys the rights to Daredevil, Punisher and whoever then maybe we have them set up for a Marvel Knights movie.

Yes if the cast includes Daredevil, Punisher, Ghost Rider, Elektra and Blade.

I don't think Sony will make another Ghost Rider movie so maybe in a few years, the rights for GR will comeback to them and they could go ahead and make this team-up movie.

BTW, Marvel Studios already has the rights for Punisher and I think next month, they will get back the rights for Daredevil.

I'd love to see a Moon Knight movie. I doubt we'll see it this decade, but I'm sure it will eventually happen.

Why would Buena Vista buy any of those rights? If anybody makes a Marvel Knights movie, its almost certainly going to be Marvel. They have Punisher, they will soon have Daredevil, and they have a ton of other relevant characters.

This has come up a few times before but:

Marvel Knights: Punisher, Daredevil, Moon Knight, Cloak, and Dagger
Midnight Sons: Blade, Werewolf by Night, Man-Thing, and Ghost Rider (assuming they get the rights back, which I'm pretty sure they will)

I don't know, Sony turned a profit on Ghost Rider 2 in theaters. Unless the DVD is selling really poorly, I think they will try to keep the IP and make at least one more movie. Sure, it will be low budget like Ghost Rider 2, but money is money.

The final sales tally for GR: Spirit of Vengeance is as follows:

Domestic Box Office $51,774,002
International Box Office $57,906,922

Worldwide Box Office $109,680,924
Domestic DVD Sales: $10,791,892

Total not including Int'l DVD sales: $120,472,816

The production budget was 57 Million

So in reality, it was a dud, not worth warranting another sequel. Resident Evil: Afterlife had a similar budget and made nearly $300million.

Total not including Int'l DVD sales: $120,472,816

The production budget was 57 Million

So in reality, it was a dud, not worth warranting another sequel. Resident Evil: Afterlife had a similar budget and made nearly $300million.

That's still a good profit. We're used to crazy larger profits sure, but Sony would still be pretty happy with that.

$60 million is not to be sneezed at.

This has come up a few times before but:

Marvel Knights: Punisher, Daredevil, Elektra, Moon Knight, Cloak, and Dagger, Shang-Chi, Luke Cage, Iron Fist
Midnight Sons: Blade, Werewolf by Night, Man-Thing, and Ghost Rider (assuming they get the rights back, which I'm pretty sure they will)

Had to fix that for you. :cwink:

That's still a good profit. We're used to crazy larger profits sure, but Sony would still be pretty happy with that.

$60 million is not to be sneezed at.

Its not 60 million profit, though. Remember, the studio only gets about half the gross. Its probably more like a 10-20 million profit. Which is small, but still enough that I think Sony will go for a third movie, as long as they have the time and resources. They won't choose to do Ghost Rider 3 instead of doing a 50M dollar rom-com with good expectations, but if they have a free filming slot, they'll aim for the Nick Cage fanbase.

They barely etched out a profit, and that was mostly in part to international sales. I really don't think Sony wants to risk it tanking any further. Nobody wants another sequel. The only thing I think they have going for them is a script written by the people who made Drive Angry...but the budget and rated R rating made Sony turn it down.

Had to fix that for you. :cwink:

I assure you it's fine the way it was. I'll pass on Elektra, Shang-Chi, Iron Fist, and Luke Cage. None of those characters ever did anything for me.

Punisher, Daredevil, Moon Knight, Cloak, and Dagger. There's more than enough diversity there. I'll pass on the '70s martial arts fluff aspects of the MU.

I hope that this happens, but only if it is made with hardcore content and a compelling narrative, and non-sympathetic bad guys. No "he's a bastard who's killing people but he's my best friend's dad so I can't really beat him up" bad guys..

I assure you it's fine the way it was. I'll pass on Elektra, Shang-Chi, Iron Fist, and Luke Cage. None of those characters ever did anything for me.

Punisher, Daredevil, Moon Knight, Cloak, and Dagger. There's more than enough diversity there. I'll pass on the '70s martial arts fluff aspects of the MU.

They should totally do a Heroes for Hire neo-70s film on its own merit. Kung Fu Kid meets Blaxpoitation Badass. Hell, they could even set it in the MCU 70s if they really wanted, though that would upset a lot of fans.

Why would Buena Vista buy any of those rights? If anybody makes a Marvel Knights movie, its almost certainly going to be Marvel. They have Punisher, they will soon have Daredevil, and they have a ton of other relevant characters.

Cause Buenva Vista owns Marvel remember? i'd love to see Touchstone or Hollywood Pictures do Punisher, Daredevil and all those Marvel characters

I want all future Marvel films to be made by Marvel Studios :o they've done it best. It also encourages the hope of intermovie crossovers :woot: .

Cause Buenva Vista owns Marvel remember? i'd love to see Touchstone or Hollywood Pictures do Punisher, Daredevil and all those Marvel characters

. . .Buena Vista does not own Marvel. Disney owns Marvel.

:huh:

They should totally do a Heroes for Hire neo-70s film on its own merit. Kung Fu Kid meets Blaxpoitation Badass. Hell, they could even set it in the MCU 70s if they really wanted, though that would upset a lot of fans.

That'll flop. Black Dynamite didn't do good in theatres, neither did the other Grindhouse movies.

Black Dynamite didn't have the Marvel connection though. That style of film while interesting, may not be the best way of doing Heroes for Hire. Setting it in the 70's could work but "neo-70s" style of film making is another thing. It could turn people off.

I just saw Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, and I realized Marvel's new Marvel Knight film imprint is 0-2. I wonder if they'll drop the tag all together.

I'd like to see it, but I see Marvel just sitting on most of the "knights" properties. Blade, Punisher, Ghost Rider, etc. They already tried pitching a Punisher TV show, which got passed on.. I'd still want to see a pre-costume Matt Murdock in an adventure show during his college years..
I'd also like to see Shang Chi in his own action show. Cast a young, asian-american actor.

I'd like to see it, but I see Marvel just sitting on most of the "knights" properties. Blade, Punisher, Ghost Rider, etc. They already tried pitching a Punisher TV show, which got passed on.. I'd still want to see a pre-costume Matt Murdock in an adventure show during his college years..
I'd also like to see Shang Chi in his own action show. Cast a young, asian-american actor.
Really can't trust any TV ventures (save for maybe S.H.I.E.L.D.) while Jeph Loeb is still the head of Marvel's TV and animation division. That said, I agree that Marvel Knights properties could really succeed on the small screen.

I'm not too familiar with Shang-Chi's story and how well he could support a series. He doesn't happen to be a martial arts expert, does he?

Shang-Chi is:

....MASTER OF KUNG-FU

I just saw Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance, and I realized Marvel's new Marvel Knight film imprint is 0-2. I wonder if they'll drop the tag all together.
If Marvel make a Marvel Knights movie like Ghost Rider, I'm giving up on Marvel :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"