Application: Hype Horrors, A Murder Mystery!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SenseiofCheese

has been expecting you.
Reaction score
Look who finally got off his lazy ass and did this thing!

Screenname of the Proposed RPG’s Game Master: Sensei of Cheese

Do You Have An Instant Messenger that we can reach you on for better conversation? (i.e MSN, Yahoo, AIM, ect.) And if so, what is your screenname?: [email protected]

Gamemasters/Assistant Gamemasters already chosen: It'll be just me GMing the game, but I have a man in mind to assist me should it become necessary.

How will the overall layout of the RPG be?: A character-driven, finite RPG, akin to SF's Tumbleweed RPG. After a maximum of 10 players sign up, one will secretly (And randomly) be chosen by me to be the killer. Players are 'killed off' based on the votes of their fellow players. At each crime scene there will be a clue of varying subtlety left by the killer. If a 'victim player' thinks he's discovered the killer's identity, he will NOT take his guess on the OOC thread. Instead he/she PMs me their guess. If they are right, the killer's identity is revealed. If they are wrong, he/she is automatically the next one to be killed off.

Premise of RPG, if it is a user created RPG see below for applicable additions to this Applicaton, (Must be a paragraph or longer).

Ever wanted to meet your fellow Hypesters in real life?

Ever wanted to brutally kill any of them?

Well, now you can. Maybe.

An anonymous message brings several people from the SuperHeroHype message boards together in an airport, all waiting to board the same flight. Face-to-face with their friends (and enemies) off the internet, they soon discover that whoever brought them all together doesn't like them very much, as they wake up to find the airport completely empty. As the Hypesters start getting horribly killed, one by one, they must try to survive the night and find out just who wants them dead, and why.

Everyone is a suspect. After all, how well do you really know these people?

What will this RPG bring to the RPG forums? (please write two complete sentences): A gory and fun RPG where players play...well, themselves. A new addition in this new breed of 'finite RPGs'.

Title Of The RPG You Would Like To Propose: Hype Horrors: A Murder Mystery RPG.

Example Of Characters Application:

Screen name:

How many times A DAY can you post? (Note: This game will rely heavily on frequent posts from players. If a player has not posted in a long while, he/she risks automatically being the next victim):

Favorite Horror Movie (It matters, trust me.):

Wait, so we play ourselves and not characters?

I say Byrd did it in the game room with a chainsaw.

There's nothing stopping you from, say, having 'you' be a reclusive millionaire living in Switzerland, in theory. As long as 'you' are 'you', as in, Wieg from the Hype.

Because let's face it, no one wants to kill some made up character.

They want to kill wieg :cmad:

So here's a question. If someone makes a wrong guess in pm, they're the next one killed.

What if more than one person makes a guess?

So here's a question. If someone makes a wrong guess in pm, they're the next one killed.

What if more than one person makes a guess?

In the event that more than one person makes a guess, it'll be handled the same way as if only one person did.

The wrong guess is killed off, the right one ends the game. Of course, the odds of someone making a correct guess until very late in the game are very slim.

Last edited:
Sweet. So, first round, everyone guess someone different! :D

I'll be watching this garner interest. It looks pretty damn promising.

I'm in. So I'm Eddie, but Eddie is whoever I choose him to be?

I'm in. So I'm Eddie, but Eddie is whoever I choose him to be?

Within reason, I'd hope. It's a given that players will exaggerate themselves in the game but.....uhm..basically don't be a millionaire from Switzerland. :woot:

I think I shall be a reporter from Georgia named Matt Byrd. Yeah, real stretch of the imagination.

I'm in.
I'll be a 21 year old Canadian.

I'll be a 17 year old punk with an STD...

Okay you caught me. I'm not a punk :yay:

A drug dealer from WI simply known as "V".

I'm in.

Screen name: Syn the Merc (aka Mr. Bamf)

How many times A DAY can you post? (Note: This game will rely heavily on frequent posts from players. If a player has not posted in a long while, he/she risks automatically being the next victim):I can post in here pretty often, once every few days.

Favorite Horror Movie (It matters, trust me.): Friday the 13th

I'm in.

Screen name: Syn the Merc (aka Mr. Bamf)

How many times A DAY can you post? (Note: This game will rely heavily on frequent posts from players. If a player has not posted in a long while, he/she risks automatically being the next victim):I can post in here pretty often, once every few days.

Favorite Horror Movie (It matters, trust me.): Friday the 13th

I don't think that is nessecary at this point, but now I'm worried I won't get my app in on time! :csad:

My name will be Jim.

But some people call me...Jim.

I don't think that is nessecary at this point, but now I'm worried I won't get my app in on time! :csad:
Let it be known, April 14th, 2009. Syn (Mercenary) made the mighty post-lent Byrd worry. Let all those who know me tremble, I am Syn. :o

I guess my name will be Scot, but people will call me Scott.

So am I... in a completely different (yet identically spelled) way

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back