Application: The "Age Of Wonder: DC & Marvel" RPG

Batman

Dramatic Example
Reaction score
RPG Application

Screenname of the Proposed RPG’s Game Master: Master Bruce

Do You Have An Instant Messenger that we can reach you on for better conversation? (i.e MSN, Yahoo, AIM, ect.) And if so, what is your screenname?: allstarbatman - Yahoo, [email protected] - MSN

Gamemasters/Assistant Gamemasters already chosen: byrd man

How will the overall layout of the RPG be?: The RPG would have two main GM's (myself and byrd), and lightly guided by us. The players would definately have a big part in the plotting and planning, aswell as how they choose to play their characters. It would be an ongoing RPG, but somewhat of a one-shot in concept. What I mean is... with every new Season, there would be a change in decades. It would start with the late-1950's, but Season II would be set in the 1960's, with Season III set in the 1970's, and ending there with a "Crisis" type of storyline, since that would be the end of the Silver Age. So in turn, the RPG would have a set start and end, but it would go through seasons to get to that end. If that makes sense. :confused:

Premise of RPG, if it is a user created RPG see below for applicable additions to this Applicaton, (Must be a paragraph or longer):

In an age of technological breakthrough and in a world where worldwide war is still a new concept to humankind, there exists a breed of hero once thought imaginative, and once feared by a confused and panicked society in the wake of World War II. In the midst of the arrival of these strange and superpowerful heroes, Lex Luthor, a brilliant criminal mastermind and scientific genius, seeks to conquer the society of which he has watched from afar from adolecence, preying upon the capitivating public with a set of experimental, and perhaps deadly doomsday devices that could prove to be mankind's downfall. Couped with sinister villains such as the Nazi war criminal, The Red Skull, aswell as criminals such as The Riddler, Giganta, Brainiac, Deadshot, and Captain Cold, Luthor's goals seem imminently plausible and destructive, bringing a possible end to civilised society. But there is hope yet, as such up-and-coming marvels as The Superman of Metropolis, Batman and Robin, The Boy Wonder of Gotham City, The Flash of Central City, The Wonder Woman of Themyscara, The Green Lantern of OA, The teenage demi-god Captain Marvel, The Sub-Mariner and Aquaman of Atlantis, and The Human Torch of New York band together to stop Luthor and The Legion of Doom's dastardly plans. But how long will it take before more equally as courageous heroes, and more equally as sinister villains, emerge from an age of superpowerful astonishment? The age of heroes has dawned.

What will this RPG bring to the RPG forums? (please write two complete sentences): I think, most obviously, this RPG would bring us a new experience, in treading upon the retrospective of the 1950's, 1960's, and 1970's, with iconic heroes we've all come to know in a modern time. I also like to think that this idea would bring a unique challenge to many of the great writers here, as there are few, if any RPG's that would offer this level of imaginative and historical relevance.

Title Of The RPG You Would Like To Propose: The "Age Of Wonder: DC & Marvel" RPG

Example Of Characters Application: For the first season, many DC heroes such as Superman, Batman, Robin, Wonder Woman, The Green Lantern (Hal Jordan or Alan Scott), The Green Arrow, Speedy, Aquaman, and The Flash (Jay Garrick or Barry Allen) would be availible. And if do-gooding isn't your cup-o-tea, there would be villains such as Lex Luthor, Bizarro, The Joker, Mirror Master, Captain Cold, Dr. Zero (Mr. Freeze), Brainiac, The Floronic Man, The Riddler, The Scarecrow, The Catwoman, The Penguin, Two-Face, Metallo, and Firefly, among others. On the Marvel side of things, it'd be very limited for the first season, but there would be characters such as The Human Torch, The Sub-Mariner, and The Red Skull.

The second season, however, based in the 60's, would offer the debut of such characters as The Fantastic Four, The Incredible Hulk, Iron Man, The Justice League Of America, Spider-Man, Daredevil, and various other, more well known and admired Marvel characters. It'd just be a matter of being patient for these characters to become unlocked and availible for play. I'd start the RPG at the 60's period, so these would be availible, but that wouldn't provide for an authentic Silver Age experience. Which is what I'd hope this RPG to bring.

- - -

By the way, incase anyone's confused as to who debuted before and in the 50's to the 70's, here's some lists that may help you out:

Heroes:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_superhero_debuts

Villains:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_supervillain_debuts

If we keep up at this rate we'll have a massive problem of too many RPG's and not enough active players in them. :o

However I'll take yours under advisement. :p

It's just the "OMG! We can do stuff now!" reaction. It'll pass.

I'm already scared.

Reservation Roster (Are we even allowed to have these? :confused: I'm not sure. I think we should, I guess...)

Superman/Clark Kent
byrd_man

Martian Manhunter/J'onn J'ones
Eddie Brock Jr.

Batman/Bruce Wayne
Master Bruce

Ok, I'll be honest. I was too lazy to read all that.

What's the concept of this, again?

:confused:

Read it, you bastard. :cmad: Flex those eyelids! Drink coffee! Something!

Ok, I'll be honest. I was too lazy to read all that.

What's the concept of this, again?

"You should read, young Eddie. Knowledge is power. Take it from me. Knowledge is faster than a speeding bullet and more powerful and a locomotive."

So it's essentially a Golden Age One Universe RPG?

...Silver Age. It's the superheroes as they appeared in the 50's, then going onto the 60's and eventually 70's with each season, with it ending at Season III.

But Marvel's Silver Age doesn't really start until 1960...does that mean no Marvel characters (except Namor, Cap, Human Torch) until Season II? :confused:

I've got to admit...this sounds pretty fun. An RPG actually set in the time when the characters were created with a finite end? Reminds me of Marvels. Problem is, I'm no DC buff, and I know next to nothing about Golden Age Marvel. So I don't know who to pick up for Season I.

I've got to admit...this sounds pretty fun. An RPG actually set in the time when the characters were created with a finite end? Reminds me of Marvels. Problem is, I'm no DC buff, and I know next to nothing about Golden Age Marvel. So I don't know who to pick up for Season I.

Yeah, well that's the beauty of it. As long as you do their origin and keep them close to what they were. You can do what you want with it.

...I might have to start working as a bar tender.

"Sorry sir, you've had too many RPG's."

"Wassa..? I..chan *hic* hannal anottther won..."

I'd be like the drunk you could never get rid of. :up:

...I might have to start working as a bar tender.

"Sorry sir, you've had too many RPG's."

"Wassa..? I..chan *hic* hannal anottther won..."

"You don't tell me when I've had enough! I know when I've had enough!" :cmad:

Can we just lie and say that the F4 were around in the 50's? :csad:

Or even better, Spider-Man! :csad: :csad:

Dammit man, get ahold of yourself! :cmad: *slap*

Got ahold of yourself yet? *slap*

Just to make sure... *slap* *slap* *slap*

I...uh...don't know much about Jay or Barry. In fact, I don't know a whole Hell of a lot about Wally or Bart for that matter.

*braces self for beating*

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"