Application: The Star Wars RPG!

Gallagher

Shaman of Sexy
Reaction score
Ok, no idea whether this has been tried before but I think It's an excellent premise.

Screenname of the Proposed RPG’s Game Master: Nowufacedoom

Do You Have An Instant Messenger that we can reach you on for better conversation? (i.e MSN, Yahoo, AIM, ect.) And if so, what is your screenname?: Well, MSN is [email protected]. Yahoo, is Nowufacedoom.

Gamemasters/Assistant Gamemasters already chosen: I'll need some help from a few vets (Not of the 'Nam persuasion nor the animal doctor type.).

How will the overall layout of the RPG be?: Well, I see it as more of a season type game, with stories branching off of the main story, all of which decided by the players themselves of course.

Premise of RPG, if it is a user created RPG see below for applicable additions to this Applicaton, (Must be a paragraph or longer). It's set during the Galactic Civil War (A.K.A the Original Trilogy, Star Wars IV-VI) and the evil Galactic Empire is waging a war against, well, everyone else really. They're hold over the Galaxy(ies) has all but been cemented but a few brave races and people are fighting back to bring democracy and peace back to the galaxy. You can play anyone you want, any race on any planet either side, or even neutral. Empire or Rebel, Jedi or sith, Smuggler or Soldier. Anything is possible here in the Star Wars RPG.
What will this RPG bring to the RPG forums? (please write two complete sentences): An RPG in that Galaxy far far away. I think if we can get enough players interested in the world, and the universe we could create something really special.

Title Of The RPG You Would Like To Propose: Star Wars: A Galaxy Divided RPG

Example Of Characters Application:

Screen Name:

Name of Character you would like to play (If an existing Character please PM either Nowufacedoom or the other GM's for consultancy):

Race and Location:

Allegiance (Eg. Rebel, Imperial, Neutral.):

Three reasons why you have chosen that character:

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar explaining what you think you can bring to the RPG:

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG:

Do you know how to post pictures on the hype boards:

Please provide a small in-character sample post:

:raises hand:

I'm in on one condition:

I'm totally Vader or Palpatine

A Star Wars RPG?

Wow...that's never been tried on the hype. :dry:

A Star Wars RPG?

Wow...that's never been tried on the hype. :dry:

Well excuse me for not being a Hype RPG Veteran like yourself Byrd, a little less sarcasm would be nice mate.

And SSF I should've specified in the App (In fact I'll edit it now) That this would be more Create your own character sort of RPG. But I guess exceptions can be made. Best not screw up Palpy though, my fav character ;)

EDIT: that came out kinda agressive toward SSF. I didnt mean it like I think your gonna screw up because I think your a fantastic RP'er. Came out wrong.

"Though I can understand your apprehension, young one, it is unwarranted. If you question me again... you will die."

I'm just saying there have been quite a few Star Wars RPGs on the hype. and all of them have died quickly. Just letting you know.

I'm just saying there have been quite a few Star Wars RPGs on the hype. and all of them have died quickly. Just letting you know.

Did the others have one of the biggest SW nerds on the planet playing? I.E Moi? :cwink:

I think it can work if its broad enough, I dont want to confine people to following the course of the movies. Theres plenty of great stories to tell within the universe and I think you could tell them fantastically in an RPG

Lol, Lightsabers at dawn to determine SW geek of all eternity? As you wish. :woot:

I'm dead serious. Back when a Star Wars RPG started on Syn's board. JB was telling me about the **** he knows. It goes beyond the films. He's an extended universe nerd.

I'm dead serious. Back when a Star Wars RPG started on Syn's board. JB was telling me about the **** he knows. It goes beyond the films. He's an extended universe nerd.

I know the type, I've read a fair few EU novels but I don't think its Cannon as most people do, It just seems too far removed from the films. Sort of like What If scenarios. I know my share of EU trivia and whatnot but nothing major.

All though I do love the Clone Wars novel Shatterpoint better than the movies TPM and AOTC put together.

:raises hand:

I'm in on one condition:

I'm totally Vader or Palpatine
I get the other that you don't chose.

I know Star Wars like the back of my hand. I know Star Wars more then Comic books. Trust me, I'm good. I have a question though:

Storyline? Timeline? and one more NO KYBER CRYSTAL CRAP!

Like the books..? Please Mara Jade ROCKS!

Hated when they killed Chewie though *no shame no SHAME*

Like the books..? Please Mara Jade ROCKS!

Hated when they killed Chewie though *no shame no SHAME*

I KNOW! Totally disgraceful.

Anyway, to answer some earlier Q's:

Timeline: Galactic Civil War, Starting off just as A New Hope does, maybe a little before depending on personal preference. Kyber Crystals can go **** themselves, so none of that.

Story: There will be the overarching story of obviously the movies, but of course it depends how involved you want to be in that. You could choose to completely ignore the plot to the Original Trilogy have your own adventures on Felucia or Mygeeto or wherever, it's up to the individual. With that in mind, people who are playing established big-name characters will be a driving force when it comes to the big over arching story. Say Vader personally plans to eradicate all Ewoks (please god) and your playing as an Ewok (HA! loser) you would pretty much have to take this into account when telling your story. Pretty much standard RPG stuff.

And Twy:

Yes... yes she does.

Im sorry? What crystal? For those who dont read EU...
Find yourself LUCKY not to know...:dry:

I KNOW! Totally disgraceful.
I thought it worked well... although he could have had a more heroic ending...

Timeline: Galactic Civil War, Starting off just as A New Hope does, maybe a little before depending on personal preference.
Can we start where Episode III finishes off?

Kyber Crystals can go **** themselves, so none of that.
WOOT!

Story: There will be the overarching story of obviously the movies, but of course it depends how involved you want to be in that. You could choose to completely ignore the plot to the Original Trilogy have your own adventures on Felucia or Mygeeto or wherever, it's up to the individual. With that in mind, people who are playing established big-name characters will be a driving force when it comes to the big over arching story. Say Vader personally plans to eradicate all Ewoks (please god) and your playing as an Ewok (HA! loser) you would pretty much have to take this into account when telling your story. Pretty much standard RPG stuff.
Sounds good.

ALSO:
Spideyssuperfan, can I take Vader and you take Palpatine? I think we could do good together :up:

Can we start where Episode III finishes off?

ALSO:
Spideyssuperfan, can I take Vader and you take Palpatine? I think we could do good together :up:

1. I dont see a problem with that, In fact maybe the RPG would benefit from that being the start point, the last movie still fresh in the memory and what not.

2. Match made in heaven. Do it.

Personally, my favorite era is the Knights of the Old Republic era, followed closely by the Clone Wars era.
But I'll totally join if this gets pulled off.

And the Thrawn-trilogy is totally the best Star Wars material ever put to print.

But there isn't any Jedi to play in that period. Just Luke, old Obi-wan and yoda.

I take it they're taking some liberties with the exact amount of Jedi left alive. According to the movies, the only ones left alive by the time the Trilogy rolled around were Obi-Wan and Yoda.

However, if you put it between III and IV, you could say that it's in the middle of the Jedi Purge. Just because most of them were offed in the Order 66 montage doesn't necessarily mean they were all taken out at once.

I take it they're taking some liberties with the exact amount of Jedi left alive. According to the movies, the only ones left alive by the time the Trilogy rolled around were Obi-Wan and Yoda.

However, if you put it between III and IV, you could say that it's in the middle of the Jedi Purge. Just because most of them were offed in the Order 66 montage doesn't necessarily mean they were all taken out at once.

Exactly, in fact many jedi survived, I read Rise of Darth Vader ( I think thats what it was called) In which he hunts down a group of survivors himself.

It is possible to play as Jedi Blacklight, I just dont want this to turn into a saber-fest.

Personally, my favorite era is the Knights of the Old Republic era, followed closely by the Clone Wars era.
But I'll totally join if this gets pulled off.

And the Thrawn-trilogy is totally the best Star Wars material ever put to print.

I was actually contemplating a KotOR RPG but figured it was too specific or obscure for the general audience. So I went with good old GCW :yay:

The obvious downside to having a Star Wars RPG is that most people will want to play as a Jedi.
Having it set during the Jedi Purge would allow you to have a good reason for having a limited amount of PC'ed Jedi to play.
Of course, one would create his/her own character, just have a limit of maybe 5 or 6 people who can be a Jedi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"