April Fan Art Contest - ENTER HERE

Here's a little trip in the way-back machine... This may be older than many of you!
264ranger.gif

This is a storyboard that I drew for the old Filmation LONE RANGER cartoon show that I worked on in the 80's... I think the year was 1981!
These were produced before the big animation strikes that eventually forced many compaies out of business (including Filmation) and started the trend of many shows being animated overseas...
Oh what fun those days were...

This is a storyboard that I drew for the old Filmation LONE RANGER cartoon show that I worked on in the 80's... I think the year was 1981!
These were produced before the big animation strikes that eventually forced many compaies out of business (including Filmation) and started the trend of many shows being animated overseas...

That's so cool drawings mate, I remember seeing that cartoon as a kid, used too watch The Lone Ranger followed by Mighty Mightor,Mody Dick and Space Ghost ooooh the early days of cable TV in England, just magic :D

Cool, never knew you was a cartoonist if your not too busy mate tell me more about yourself (e.g. you working on cartoons and later co-founding Superherohype)

:venom: Baggers :venom:

EXCELSIOR said:
Here's a little trip in the way-back machine... This may be older than many of you!
264ranger.gif

I remember having a Lone Ranger Lighttable that included traceable sheets of drawings in which you could make your own Lone Ranger drawings by mixing the poses, accessories and costumes. Those drawings looked exactly like the storyboard. It does bring back the memories.

mushroom3fz.jpg

David Cross as Brainy
Paris Hilton as Smurfette
Sean Astin as Hefty
Johnny Knoxville as Handy
Vincent Schiavelli as Gargamel
George Carlin as Poppa SMurf
and
Mr. Mousers as Azrael

I smurf the smurfs, It´s a smurfing smurf that you had smurf this wonderful smulf...

I'm in, I already started my pencil's, teehee, what fun this is going to be.

Dew k. Mosi said:
mushroom3fz.jpg

David Cross as Brainy
Paris Hilton as Smurfette
Sean Astin as Hefty
Johnny Knoxville as Handy
Vincent Schiavelli as Gargamel
George Carlin as Poppa SMurf
and
Mr. Mousers as Azrael
DUDE! That's so smurfin' smurf! Smurf what you just smurfed! I'll be smufing all the smurfin' day!

Artos said:
apcon0ys.jpg

My entry.

Cool! And yet, dang, i'll have to come up with a new idea, or find something reeeally different to do with the GB's ;)
Or just do what I normally do. Say Ill make an entry then never actually enter it...
Just rest easy with the fact that if I Did do something it would be based on the RGB's...or pokemon... ;)

I was never a fan of the Ghostbusters growing up. Why is there "REAL" before the name?

I never understood the "real" part either, especially since it was a cartoon based off of live action.

Um, because they're REAL... duh. The show was a documentary.

There was already a show called Ghostbusters, but it had nothing to do with the movies. So when they made the cartoon, they couldn't use just "Ghostbusters", so they named it "The Real Ghostbusters". Because well, they're the real ones.

No No No, you guys have it all wrong. Before the actual movie "Ghostbusters" came out, a company called Filmation already had a live action tv show called "Ghostbusters" (whome you are all familiar with the cartoon with the gorilla, if not check on the 1st page of this thread for a pic). Then after the movie made it big in the box office, Filmation had a cartoon series called "Ghostbusters". Paramount couldnt just call they're new cartoon based off of the movie "Ghostbusters" because there was already a cartoon named that, so they named it "The Real Ghostbusters".

VideoLiveSeriesVol31a.jpg

filmation1.jpg

alle%20foto.jpg

So they slapped the original Ghostbusters in the face.

"No no...we're the REAL Ghostbusters (they suck.)."

Well the original tried cashin' in on the success of the '84 movie. But there were a lot of movies/shows that dealt with "Ghost Breaking" and Ghost Capturing. The '84 movie just pulled it off better I guess. And for those of you who say they didnt try cashin in on the movie success, heres food for thought: the "original ghostbusters" never had a logo until after the movie came out-

v0245.gif

Comparible to the "no ghost" logo of the REAL ghostbusters.

But alas, I grew up with Filmation GB. So I cant really blast em. Plus my art submission will be of the filmation GBs anyways. :O

Todd-
Yea your right I just mis-read what you typed.

Dew k. Mosi said:
I misspelled Gargamel's name:(

I didn't notice that until you said it. Good picture.:up:

Nice entries guys!:up:

dog lips, i think hands down that is the creepiest pic of a cat i have ever seen

EXCELSIOR said:
264ranger.gif

NICE, I USED TO LOVE THAT SHOW! 1/2 AN HOUR OF THE RANGER, AND 1/2 AN HOUR OF ZORRO BACK TO BACK, AAAAHHH, THOSE WERE THE GOOD OLD DAYS, WHEN BEING OVER 30 DIDN'T MEAN IT WAS ALL DOWN HILL FROM THERE.:up: :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"