Aquaman 2 General Discussion thread

Discussion in 'Aquaman 2' started by Silvermoth, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Catoti Eternally Tired

I do agree

2. Speed Force goober

Yep. Just recast Mera with Scarlett Johansson :yay:

3. Zorro IncognitoX

She's a feisty one. Not sure about her losing an acting job because she's a B in personal relationships but I guess I can see why people are calling for it though as it would have been the same or worse for a male

4. Rorschach2012 Batman is my Dad

Is it too on the nose? Maybe. But just cast as Emilia Clarke as Mera. She’d be better as the character and her connection to Momoa would immediately circumvent any negative publicity the recast would attract.

Amber Heard was not even good as Mera lol. Very bland. This is a no brainer. Recast!

5. Silvermoth Avenger

Randall Park Teases Stephen Shin Return For Jason Momoa's Aquaman 2

6. XStreme Skins Registered

I'm neutral whether Amber Heard returns or not for the sequel. If she gets sacked I won't cry a river over it but if she stays it won't make me not want to see A2.

Bruce Wayne and psylockolussus like this.
  7. Tg11 Registered

If Mera is recast, then Emilia Clarke is perfect

8. Silvermoth Avenger

AQUAMAN 2 Writer Discusses Inspiration For The Sequel And Where THE TRENCH Fits Into The DCEU

9. Tg11 Registered

I just think Aquaman 2 should be more personal. Focus on Arthur and how his rivalry with Manta will affect him. After the 1st one, I think they should raise the stakes. There's potential in going a bit darker; now Aquaman has at least a kingdom, a girlfriend and a mother to lose.

What if Black Manta decides that go "an eye for an eye" and murders Arthur's father too? At this point Arthur can become so obsessed with exacting revenge on BM that he neglects his duties as a king, antagonizing his own people, and also pushing Mera and his mother away. They can really have him reach some seriously dark places, but of course at the end still have him come back to reason and not cross certain boundaries.

Axl Van Sixx and Silvermoth like this.
  10. Silvermoth Avenger

I guess it’s challenging to go darker because they tried that with justice league and it really didn’t work. Sometimes when that happens they feel the need to swing in the other direction in order to course correct. I hope that doesn’t happen. There’s a happy medium

Tg11 likes this.
  11. Tg11 Registered

Like think Thor The Dark World just as an example...I would take a similar approach like that but with Aquaman 2

12. COCOS Registered

i think blake lively could be a great Mera, but obviously when its come to chemistry, emilia clarke is where's they should be looking

Tg11 likes this.
  13. Tg11 Registered

Emilia Clarke as Mera...sign me up

14. Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Rumor...

15. NotNickFury Registered

Not the first time I've seen something from this gossip site posted here.

16. Lencho01 Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

I've posted different stuff I've randomly found on there before. So maybe that's where you saw it.

17. CB Fan The Watcher

Deborah Ann Woll could be a good replacement.

18. jolldan Registered

I reckon she will go, physically she looks great as Mera but honestly I never thought her acting was anything particularly special. Could be a rough time for WB coming out of quartine with Ezra situation and now this.

19. divan Registered

I wound't be surprised if they were using this time to quietly part ways with one or both of them. They'll just pay whatever their contracts say try to make it friendly.

20. TheScarecrow Registered

This is great!!!

21. Micromind New World New Rules

22. Peyton Westlake the Dark Avenger

Well how I would try to steer the story of Aquaman 2, might be something like this.
    1st the Trench horror movie can be filmed, ushering in the characters from Aquaman's world in a DC horror setting.
    The Trench movie can show how they either lure sailors, ships, people ,etc near the trench to overwhelm them ,seeing land dwellers as threats & enemies to their existence.
    The Trench movie can simply end with humankind learning of the discovery of the Trench colony aftr it swarms & attacks a Navy vessel completely wiping it out leaving it as a ghost ship being shown on news feeds across the world.
    Fast track to the start of Aquaman 2 ,Arthur & his brother start to talk and put their differences aside to unite and use Atlantis's resources to be the ones to stop the invasion from the trench.
    Atlantis is being blamed for all the attacks on the surface dwellers so Arthur & his brother decide whats best for Atlantis & the world is to work together & restore the world's faith in Aquaman & Atlantis by bringing the fight to the Trench.

23. BaelaTargaryen Registered

24. Flash525 The Scarlet Messenger

But Thor Dark World wasn’t a very good film - and you want to replicate that with Aquaman 2? No thanks.

You’re not the first person to comment on her acting. What was actually wrong with it though? Despite recent events, I thought her casting and acting as Mera was spot on.

jolldan likes this.
  25. jolldan Registered

It wasn’t awful don’t get me wrong it just didn’t really stand out. Best way to describe is I was never truly captivated by any of her scenes more just her physical presence.

Flash525 likes this.