Sequels Aquaman 2 Wish List (SPOILERS INSIDE)

jolldan

Sidekick
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals thought this would be a good place to discuss what you would most like to see for a Aquaman sequel.

Final warning for anybody accidently clicked on this spoilers ahead!!!

Here are 5 things on my wish list for Aquaman 2

1. Black Manta Needs Buffed

As I have said in my spoiler review the actor the suit they were both great. However he felt really under developed with a very quick reasoning for his motivations. Now I know Manta was a secondary villain to Orm but the secondary villain should still be threating where Manta felt like little more of an inconvenience to Aquaman and the way he finished him the second time I honestly thought he was dead. Even in the mid-credits scene when you see him again what should have felt like the "Ohhh Aquman's in trouble next movie" felt more like "Dude he nearly killed you before he had the trident you have like zero chance now". Just hope they address it next movie as I think with more screen time Yahya can make this a great villain.

2. More Of The Under Water World

Without a doubt one of the best things about this movie is the beautiful under water world locations like Atlantis, Trench, Brine and the Fisherman kingdom. So give us more of that please, im sure there must be plenty of locations left from the comics that they can bring to life.

3. Evolution of Aquaman & Mera's Powers

Mera showed some really cool uses of her powers my favourite probably being the wine turned in to like giant spikes and Aquaman's use of his communication with sea life. Would love to see them have evolved even further and see new powers they have learned. Mera could have developed the ability to forcibly drain the water from a human body. Aquaman I would love to see achieve his waterwraith form.

4. Atlantean & Human Relations

I hope next movie we get a meeting of worlds or Atlantean's mixing more with humans. It would make sense when Arthur has a love for both peoples while Orm stated them inferior and promoted distrust. With him dethroned you would think Arthur would allow people to do what they wish mostly so and allowing both his peoples to mix could be a great way to promote peace between them.

5. The Triton Saga

If Wan is looking for what story to adapt next may I recommend this. If you are looking for progression in terms of villains then this may be the way to go having Aquaman fight this literal son of Poseidon. Plus I think it could work pretty well since Greek mythology featured heavily in Wonder Woman so continuing that theme running through Aquaman makes them all feel more connected.

Well those are 5 things I would like to see most in a sequel, what about you? What would be on your wish list for Aquaman 2?

Kinda want to see Manta join the Legion of Doom.

I'd love to see flashback of Atlanna raising Orm and Mera (and an explanation how Mera ended up in Atlantis, away from her father, which appears to be the case?)

I feel that Arthur still has a lot to prove, in learning how to navigate being King of Atlantis and learning its politics (something he doesn't care for) and getting the people of Atlantis to respect him in addition to accepting him. The Trident showed everyone he earned the Throne but there's still probably a lot of dissent/winning over to do.

He has to juggle being King of Atlantis and being Aquaman to the Surface World. The sequel has just, if not more, a difficult task IMO than the movie that just came out. Same with WW84.

I think there is an easy way to do this - focus the sequel on Arthur navigating his duties and learning how to rule while on the surface Manta is a threat and that's why he intervenes above water

Jackson/Kaldur would be interesting to see, being Manta's son creates conflict for both Manta and Aquaman.

Yeah Aqualad would be phenomenal, but I don't recall the movie addressing Manta having a son, so not sure how you work that in.

I want to see some Atlantean/Amazonian beef.

Yeah Aqualad would be phenomenal, but I don't recall the movie addressing Manta having a son, so not sure how you work that in.

I want to see some Atlantean/Amazonian beef.

The first bit is easily explainable, in the New 52, Jackson/Kaldur's mother fell in love with Manta but realised his true intention, she fled to the surface upon learning she was pregnant.

I think perhaps a version of that could be used for Aqualad's origin. Kaldur is searching for his real father then meets up with Aquaman and learning that he is part Xebellian, the reveal that Manta is Kaldur's father as well as Kaldur finding out Aquaman killed his grandfather would be a double whammy,

In terms of casting, Ashton Sanders would be good as Jackson/Kaldur, he was in Moonlight and Equalizer 2

The first bit is easily explainable, in the New 52, Jackson/Kaldur's mother fell in love with Manta but realised his true intention, she fled to the surface upon learning she was pregnant.

I think perhaps a version of that could be used for Aqualad's origin. Kaldur is searching for his real father then meets up with Aquaman and learning that he is part Xebellian, the reveal that Manta is Kaldur's father as well as Kaldur finding out Aquaman killed his grandfather would be a double whammy,

In terms of casting, Ashton Sanders would be good as Jackson/Kaldur, he was in Moonlight and Equalizer 2
That's a good way to go about it. Don't get me wrong, it can be done, but I wonder if a general audience would buy it?

-Quest for the Trident of Posiedon with a tip from Wonder Woman
-Black Manta as the main antogonist with new suit upgrades
-Black Manta killing Tom Curry
-King Shark
-New Aquaman suit (hopefully with tribal designs like the previous suits)
-Aquaman learning more about myths of the sea
-Cthulhu
-Interaction with real sea creatures
-Animal Planet like footage of real fish and underwater locations
-Arthur eating fish
-Aquaman beating up whalers
-Aquaman with no facial hair, but keep the long hair
-Aquaman speaking more Hawaiian
-Brawl on an exotic Island
-A more in depth look inside of the buildings of Atlantis and Atlantean culture
-Invasion and partial destruction of Atlantis
-Challenges of Aquaman adapting to being King
-Underwater civilization not connected to any kingdom
-Mera with her own side quest that helps Aquaman in some way
-Horror scenes

I want a more personal, bitter, earnest conflict between him and Black Manta. Go wrath of Kahn on the sequel, and probably tone down the cheese juuuust a lil. And probably some small doses of DCEU connective tissue.

Black Manta:
Yes, escalate all of this. More mercs with Atlantean tech on his side, more sophisticated plans, more manipulation of Atlatnean Politics. Killing Tom Curry, kidnapping at Atlanna. I like the idea of Manta having a son with a Xebellian woman to create Kaldur, perhaps one whom Aquaman finds out about first bringing a twist to this revenge tale. That idea of dealing with Manta's parenting and raising questions of morality is best done if Kaldur is a *child* not a full grown action hero who doesn't have any real need for a father in his life. Also cutting of Arthur's hand, maybe.

Continuing Storylines
We've already got a full court of Atlantean politics: Vulko as an advisor, Mera as a betrothed, and developing a real dynamic there with her grounding him and backing him up and that not always necessarily being a good thing because sometimes she needs someone to back her up and Arthur's not always ready for that, he's used to being a loner, and now he's not. This can tie into the dynamics with King Nereus' war demands, because he still wants that war, Princess Fishergirl who is also learning to adult, but is trained to be a ruler, so there's a friendship with Arthur who is the opposite, the Brine King has whatever his demands are, and all that. Dr. Stephen Shin, who I thought was set up well, could be a great scene partner for Manta, and I think he should/would betray Manta.

New Characters:
Not gonna lie, I wanna see Garth, him as a young adult or teenager, and honestly, throw in Dolphin and let them be students of Mera as she teaches them Atlantean Magic, and they contribute to her character development and growth. They could both potentially be tied to the Lost Kingdom to expand the Atlantis mythos. They also could, potentially, introduce Aquaman's son as an infant and tie that into Manta. There's a particular Justice League cartoon scene I recall where Aquaman has to cut off his hand to save his son, and Manta could set that up and that could be all dramatic.

1. King shark
2. Kaldur
3. Call me crazy, but I would love a move dick cameo
4. Hook hand

1. Integrating new characters.

- A new villain to join Manta: I kind of think Manta should take his turn doing the manipulative mastermind thing, perhaps by releasing an ostensibly more powerful villain like Kordax, or making a deal with Hagen, or awakening some version of the Dead King to distabilize Atalantis, but then Manta remains control and focus. Other villains like Siren could appear (she especially could have a more personally murderous rivalry with Mera contrasting with Orm and Arthur’s disputes), or King Shark, who could be both enemy and ally, and offer Arthur time to act on Pacific Islander culture.
- At least one or two sidekicks should appear, if not more. Garth as Tempest could be Mera’s best student, Lorena could be another half-breed Arthur’s trying to help integrate into both worlds or a transformed Sub Diego leader, and of course, Kaldur has a significant fan base now; perhaps we can find out that Manta and his father had been in contact with Atlantis for some time, with Kaldur a son from an affair he had with an earlier liaison.

2. Integrating new settings.

- Two words: “Lost Kingdom.” They’re a handy sequel hook from the first film that you could bring up. I mentioned Pacific Islander cultures earlier, and I think it might be interesting to the Lost Kingdom migrated to the Pacific and integrated with the surface world there. They could be an antagonistic new faction that emerges, or a lost collection of exiles Arthur is reconnecting with.
- Another two words: Sub Diego. This may be the best way to cause potential surface and underwater tension: Arthur reluctantly but forcibly converts thousands of drowning surface dwellers into Atlantean to save them, with Atlantis not wanting them integrated and the surface world angered about what seems to be conquest through other means. Plus, it’d be an interesting contrast to the other undersea kingdoms.
- How about Xebel being the DCEU equivalent of Westeros? Take it’s more mediavel aesthetic than we’ve seen, and make it more of a cutthroat Kingdom that would make sense for Nereus to keep Mera away from. And perhaps Siren uses the remaining factions angry at the surface world to try and usurp her sister and father?

3. Exploitation of the existing characters to greater heights.

- Mera might be interesting to see gain the Trident of Atlan for a time, so she can cut loose and be even more badass. Plus, she’s the one who has some possible education for ruling compared to Arthur, so perhaps she handles that part of being royalty while Arthur tries to be the heroic champion instead.
- Orm feels to me like someone you could put through some interesting stories still. Maybe show that he and Arthur are developing a brotherly rapport, but still vehemently disagree about the surface world and what Atlantis should do. Perhaps Manta contacts him, and we have a tension over whether or not he would return to his old ways or display new loyalty to his family.
- Manta is already set up to escalate into lead villain. It’d be scary to see him turn into a horror movie villain, seeking to kill any one close to Arthur however he can, and displaying the kind of cunning and leadership to make him far deadlier than a simple mercenary with a grudge. And yeah, I think he should end up killing someone in Arthur’s family, and remain unsatisfied afterwards and want to kill more.

4. Escalation.

- How do you escalate beyond King of the Seas and the Trident of Atlan? How’s about having a villain raise some Atlantean cities from the depths... or sink surface world cities into them?
- Want some tensions and weight? Have Mera and Arthur have a baby, with threats on the kid an explicit and horrifyingly played strait threat.
- Perhaps Aquaman poses a hand. He probably should lose a family member, though I think complex but redeemed Orm being killed saving their family could hit hard without being as depressing as the baby or as stereotypical as his father or mother.

Last edited:
More Black Manta is pretty much a given. His role in the first film just screams "future recurring antagonist," and he will no doubt be one of the villains in the sequel. I don't think he will be the only one though. For a film that used Aquaman's two biggest foes in the debut film and somehow made it work, while throwing the Trench in for good measure, they still have plenty to work with for a couple more films. Ice wielding, undead King Atlan from the Geoff Johns run might be the best choice, followed closely by Mera's sister Siren. It also seems inevitable that Orm will come back in some capacity.

I also want to see at least Garth and Tula for new supporting characters. Introducing the Others at some point may also be possible. And Queen Clea could always be used in a team up with Wonder Woman.

Should he cut his hair and shave for the sequel? Give it a sportier look?

Oh, maybe slightly more aragornish at the end of return of the king but they shouldn’t make him look too non shaggy. That look helped make him look so cool after all

Jason said his wife would leave him if he cut his hair so the lovely locks are staying :)

I think he can cut them a little shorter without going full buzz like Hemsworth did for Ragnarok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"