Aquaman Box Office Thread

writer0327

Sidekick
Reaction score
I can't believe I'm even thinking this, but....

Will Aquaman will outdo JL in the box office???:eek::eek:

It might even outdo Man of Steel. I know this is Aquaman we're talking about, but the character as portrayed by Jason Momoa seems to be pretty popular. It is however releasing a week after Mortal Engines and along side Bumblebee, so there's a lot of outside factors to consider, along with how much will people care about a DCEU character after 13 months since the last DCEU movie.

Depends on the quality of the movie, but it seems entirely possible to me. James Wan has certain done big box office blockbusters before. Also, there's plenty of room to do less-well than Wonder Woman and still better than JL.

If it has an amazing trailer, and gets good reviews, i can see it having a pretty solid run.

I'd guess 200-250 million domestically. With 600 million worldwide.

Momoa def seems to be putting Aquaman as an actual worthy superhero

I think anywhere from $170-$250 domestically & $600-$650 worldwide sounds about right. It could possibly top $300 million domestically and hit closer to or a little over $700 million if the hype train picks up substantial speed when the trailers drop and subsequently if the movie is universally loved when released.

Is Aquaman a popular character overseas? I was thinking that it might do more domestically, sort of like WW. Which country will take to an underwater adventure more?

Momoa being in GoT might help this movie gain some eyeballs across the world.

I can't see it grossing 700 WW unless it's really damn good.

It's gonna need loads of promotion. But I have a feeling people will dig Momoa's charisma

It's gonna need loads of promotion. But I have a feeling people will dig Momoa's charisma

I agree but he does have some good advantages heading in such as people liking Momoa's Aquaman in JL & James Wan being behind the wheel. Given that people's first impression of him was good, I could see people showing up in droves if the promotion is handled correctly.

Maybe this is just me being optimistic but, while I don't expect it to be on the same level, per se, I could see this being received similarly to Wonder Woman in that reviews are good & fan reception is much warmer than the Snyder & Ayer entries.

It's too early to speculate.

I was really worried about this one. As time went on, I warmed up to him, but felt he needed a script in his wheelhouse. He got one; not quite the Aquaman I envisioned, but I liked him in JL so I'm saying +600 -700. If they whiff on this one, the whole DC CBM franchise is in big time trouble. I'm just hoping that people don't hold BvS against AM like they did JL. I don't think they will.

The DCEU so far has had one big underperfomance, one crazy underperformance, one big outperformance and one crazy outperformance.

I want to see a trailer before I make any predictions.

Yeah, tough without seeing a trailer, but I'll go for around $600-700M.

I dunno. I think MoS was an underperformance too.

It was but I forgot to include it. :woot:

I’d put it in the middle of the 5. Nowhere near JL of course.

CBR is predicting that it'll do Man of Steel-level numbers.

Possible Box Office: $685 million

Being the last superhero flick of 2018 could prove to work in Aquaman‘s favor; however, it’s important not to forget the struggles DC and Warner Bros. have faced at the box office with recent films. While Wonder Woman proved to be a phenomenon at the box office last year, Justice League, which properly introduced Jason Momoa’s Aquaman to viewers, failed to live up to expectations. With that in mind, it’s best to err on the side of caution when considering Aquaman‘s prospects. The film has a proven director behind the lens and its star has never been more popular; still, making fans care about Aquaman could prove to be difficult. Aquaman will likely follow Man of Steel‘s performance and finish just under $700 million — closer to $685 million — at the worldwide box office, with at least $200 million domestically and a $80-$90 million opening weekend.

MoS domestic numbers ($291m) will be much harder to achieve than the over...seas. ;) ($377m)

But the film can certainly target beating the global take. ($668m)

Greates Showman's amazing legs at the box office make me think that Mary Poppins movie will be a very big threat. That is another happy, cheerful movie for the entire family. They better have flawless marketing campaign here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"