AQUAMAN in Justice League Discussion Thread

I like the Aquaman character a lot but I don't see him in a JL film. The guy is the king of the 2/3 of the planet, I think he's busy enough without the need of being part of the league. Nevertheless, I consider him as the first cameo orguest star. If one consider that there will be 3 film, he has to appear in one film, I just don't "want" to see him as an official member.

And for the design, I think he need to be in adequation with the rest of the team, I think everything work, it depends how they develop the other members of the league.

I voted Classic, but as far as clothes go, I want the Waterbearer look. It's an awesome revision of the classic Aquaman suit. Didn't vote Waterbearer cause that would mean the whole package.

Come on, why no love for the fishman!? He is really a cool character...an underdog amongst the JLA. I guess that's why I have strong liking for him!!

I've never understood all the Aquaman hate. It's one thing to not think a character is interesting but to go out of your way to show hatred for a character is something else.

Well, the costume's gotta have green, and either orange or gold/bronze. Personally, I prefer a touch of armor-like detail (as in the second one, which is probably my favorite costume out of the lot). But no gloves. Gauntlets are fine.

No water hand or harpoon, at least to start. If it serves the plot he can lose his hand during the course of the movie (probably won't happen though).

Hair... I never liked my Aquaman with long hair, but the cropped, sleek look never felt right either; he's not a blond Superman. No longer than the hair in #2, in any case.

Beard? The King of Atlantis should have a beard, although that doesn't necessarily mean it fits Aquaman. Depends on what the rest of his costume is. Problem is, Green Arrow has a beard, and it might make them too similar. If GA's even in this movie that is.

Question: did Aquaman ever have the power to summon waves/jets of water to throw at people, or something similar? I seem to recall reading something that had him doing that, but I may be mistaken.

mmm I dont wanna see aquaman in a first movie!! hope they use him for a sequel :D

well the rumors say he is one of the heroes in the film. Some of the rumors say he might not have a big part in the film.

I'd really like him to have the classic look and wield a trident.

Haven't picked up this comic in a while...is there a version of Aquaman (Orin or Arthur Joseph Curry) that is actually alive right now in the comics?? Heard a rumor he is dead...is this true??

Wait a minute, just took a quick look at wiki...Orin and Arthur are now two completely separate people?!?!?!?!?! I thought Orin's 'land dwellers' name was Arthur, where have I been??

Here is a quick breakdown of the various Aquaman's power differences...

ORIN
Aquaman has a number of superhuman powers, most of which derive from the fact that he is adapted to live in the depths of the ocean. Primary among his powers is the ability to...
- Able to extract oxygen from water, allowing him to 'breathe' while submerged.
- He is unaffected by the immense pressure and the cold temperature of the ocean depths
- He possesses an enhanced resistance to injury and superhuman strength (he can easily throw a car hundreds of yards).
- He is likewise able to swim at very high speeds.
- He can see in near total darkness and has enhanced hearing.
- Although he can remain underwater indefinitely without suffering any ill effects, Aquaman grows weak if he remains on land for extended periods.
- Aquaman's most famous (or infamous) power is the ability to communicate with/command oceanic life. The range of this power is unclear; certainly he can summon sea life from vast distances. Although this power is most often and most easily used on marine life, Aquaman has on multiple occasions demonstrated the capacity to affect any being evolved from marine life (e.g., humans).
Cybernetic Hook:
- After the loss of his hand, Aquaman replaced it with a cybernetic harpoon that responded to his thoughts. The harpoon could be fired and stay attached to Aquaman via a retractable line. Later, the harpoon would be replaced by the Waterbearer hand given to him by the Lady of the Lake. This hand is magical in nature and grants Aquaman various abilities.
Mystical Hand:
- His left hand has many abilities such as the ability to instantly dehydrate anyone he touches with it killing them instantly, to become extrmely dense and thus take Aquaman to the ocean floor quickly, and can shoot jets of burning hot water at his enemies.

ARTHUR JOSEPH CURRY

The new Aquaman has many physical abilities in common with the original Aquaman, including...
- Underwater breathing
- Submarine speed
- Superhuman strength
- Like the Golden Age Aquaman, young Arthur can't survive outside of water for long.
- He also gained telepathic powers. He now speaks and understands the languages of the sentient sea peoples unaided, and has a limited ability to communicate with nonsentient sea life. He cannot speak directly to them as his predecessor could.
- Can send and receive emotional impressions and desires, such as communicating a need for help. He is working to expand the latter ability, and in one instance has been able to "see" through the eyes of nearby fish.

So are the rumors still locking in Santiago Cabrera for Aquaman or are they any other hopefuls?

There's hardly any news on the movie itself. Last you heard of Aquaman is what was last reported.

Thanks...will there be any official word on this movie yet?!

Option 3

This is the Aquaman I'd like to see in the movies.

http://community.livejournal.com/scans_daily/518352.html

Orin just defeated a White Martian who Wally West had trouble putting down.

http://community.livejournal.com/scans_daily/448391.html

This is how the powerful the Atlantis armed forces are. Which he commands as king.

Your second link of Aquaman is minus his hook and in it's place, a golden hand...
aqaf2.jpg

phoenix:

Same version. Later on he switched a hook for a mechanical hand. Always preferred him with the hook.

Option 2 is a basically a clone not the "real" Aquaman.

I Don't think Aquaman should have the mechanical hand yet.

It would be better if the lose the hand in a Sequel, saving the League.

I :heart: the Waterman

I wish he was in more DC cartoons and movies.

Here are some of my pics...tell me what you think. Depending on the Aquaman they choose, my choices vary to fit the look and style of that interpretation of the character.

Justin Hartley
justinlc9.jpg

Taylor Kitsch
taylorqf2.jpg

Gerard Butler
gerardgt7.jpg
\

Oh...God. I hope I'm not gay now.... :pal:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics