Justice League Aquaman needs to happen before Namor.

Honestly, I see Aquaman doing better than Flash in a franchise. He just has more potential for a great story imo. Black Manta and Orm HAVE to be the villains.

Honestly, I see Aquaman doing better than Flash in a franchise. He just has more potential for a great story imo. Black Manta and Orm HAVE to be the villains.
so he gets two movies or is that one with both of them in it?

Flash has more potential by far, more villains, side characters, and stories to tell then Aquaman does.

I think Aquaman (be it a TV show or movie) is secretly in development. Since 2006, there has been a copyright on an option between the WB and DC that keeps getting renewed every 2 years. They wouldn't keep renewing it unless they had something in mind.

I think Aquaman (be it a TV show or movie) is secretly in development. Since 2006, there has been a copyright on an option between the WB and DC that keeps getting renewed every 2 years. They wouldn't keep renewing it unless they had something in mind.
DC is owned by WB so they don't have to worry about someone else making an Aquaman movie

Leonardo DiCaprio's production company was supposed to be handling it...nothing.

Imagine Leo in the role?

Leo was badass in Django but still funny, I think they need an ultimate badass like Charlie Hunnam or somebody like that to help audiences take Aquaman seriously. So he looks like a badass King standing there. Different material for his suit. Kind of like the new Superman suit.

I think for an eventual JL 2, get Guillermo Del Toro on board to direct. Especially for John Stewart and Aquaman (Idris Elba & Charlie Hunnam: both in Del Toro's Pacific Rim). Heck Elba can play Manhunter even.

Go from Snyder to Del Toro. Slowly bringing more fantasy & sci-fi into it through these guys. The second one will have more scenes in space & water sequences with the additions of Martian Manhunter and Aquaman so why not.

My vote = Charlie Hunnam. And a solo will no doubt come out before Namor. I don't see Namor happening.

doesnt fox own namor? unless he's in fantastic 4 reborn, i doubt they'll do it. aquaman would have an epic story. on par with the vince chase version. think lord of the rings under water. the most cinematic outside of batman and superman would be aquaman. if they go the demi god route with wonder woman, that movie might be able to work. flash, meh. his villains wouldn't really translate easily. plus they are quite hokey.

@shauner- ive been saying charlie hunnam for aquaman for such a long time.

The idea of Charlie Hunnam with Christian Bale in the same cast..To me it gives Aquaman a certain credibility that is lost on a lot of fans including myself. It's like "ouu now I feel like I can take this seriously. Look at this guy next to Bale, Cavill...that's pretty badass".

doesnt fox own namor? unless he's in fantastic 4 reborn, i doubt they'll do it. aquaman would have an epic story. on par with the vince chase version. think lord of the rings under water. the most cinematic outside of batman and superman would be aquaman. if they go the demi god route with wonder woman, that movie might be able to work. flash, meh. his villains wouldn't really translate easily. plus they are quite hokey.

@shauner- ive been saying charlie hunnam for aquaman for such a long time.

Marvel owns Namor, not Fox.

i have a good feeling if anyone is gonna be aquaman it is gonna be armie hammer

a name on the rise who has worked with big name directors and actors and he is very young at only 26,6'5,handsome chiseled looks,booming voice,solid actor

and wb obviously want him for some hero role of some sorts and i think hammer looks great in LR
the-long-ranger-johnny-depp-hammer-armie-tonto.jpeg

Problem with Flash is that when you get down to it his comics still embrace the silver age feel, so it's more difficult to make a serious film about him.
With his mythology and plot Aquaman has the potencial to be Star Wars underwater, i don't know why so many underrate him so much.

I suggested Armie Hammer last year and people laughed! I think he's suitable for it but I don't think I would take it seriously. That's the problem with me, I would only be able to take it seriously with a badass actor.

DC is owned by WB so they don't have to worry about someone else making an Aquaman movie

That doesn't mean anything. DC could option the rights out to some other studio or production company, just like Marvel did with Spideman, The Hulk, and The Fantastic Four. In fact, back in 1987, the rights to produce "Superman IV: The Quest for Peace" was optioned to Cannon Films.

So another studio can pick up Aquaman, and he could possibly not be allowed to join the Justice League? I guess that could happen.

I think the idea for Aquaman is to take someone who GA's love to sway their views on the character.

Armie Hammer is not man.

I agree. I think people love Jax from Sons of Anarchy don't you? :yay:

Hammer's bland, he would drown as Aquaman :hehe:

I think more people will come around to Hunnam after Pacific Rim.

Personally, I don't see him as Aquaman. Having long blonde hair doesn't mean anything.

But GA's love Sons of Anarchy, and I assume Hunnam. It would translate well I think.

Hammer's bland, he would drown as Aquaman :hehe:

I think more people will come around to Hunnam after Pacific Rim.
:hehe: That would be his only scene in JL.

Batman hears something rise out of the water behind him.
"I am the King of......."
*Aquaman trips on a boulder mid-sentence, sending him deep into the ocean with no way of surviving*
Batman turns around to see no man in front of him. "So that's what that feels like........"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"