• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Aquaman the King of Atlantis

MCU

Civilian
Reaction score
So when do you think this will be made if ever? If soon who would you like to see as the King of Atlantis?

My pick is Liam McIntyre. If you have seen Spartacus you know why I think he has the perfect attitude and even look to portray the character perfectly. Just have him grow his hair out or put some hair on him like Hemsworth in Thor and your set.

Last edited:
Even if they release a Justice League movie in 2015, I think they would release a movie for Batman, Wonder Woman and Flash first before a solo movie for Aquaman. So it would probably happen in the next decade.

I think the best choices are Nikolaj Coster Waldau, Joel Edgerton, Charlie Hunnam, and Alexander Skarsgard in that order. Brad Pitt or Daniel Craig if a big name actor were to take the role.

I think movies about Aquaman and Martian Manhunter (easily the most underappreciated members) could be compelling if done correctly.

An Aquaman movie has the potential to be better than the Thor movie. Seriously an underwater epic has so much potential.
The main characters would have to be Arthur and Mera as our main characters, Orm as the main villain revealed at the end, and Black Manta as the main villain throughout. Maybe Black Manta could kill Arthur Jr at some point, resulting in a heated battle between an enraged Aquaman and Black Manta, where he has to decide if he can kill him or not.

Nikolaj Coster Waldau or Joel Edgerton as King Arthur of Atlantis
Jessica Chastain or Lena Headey as Queen Mera
Chiwetel Ejiofar as Black Manta
Eric Bana as Orm

Last edited:
I think the best choices are Nikolaj Coster Waldau, Charlie Hunnam, and Alexander Skarsgard in that order. Brad Pitt wouldn't be bad but he's almost 50

Yea Nikolaj would be a fantastic choice, hes my number 2.

And Brad Pittb would be perfect if they start shooting like right now. And I mean perect. Have you seen his hair/beard hes sporting in WWZ? Hed be perfect no doubt but yea hes getting nothing but older making sequels harder and plus he wouldbrequire a huge paycheck etc. It wont happen but would be great. I mean just think about him in Troy...and there you go lol.

And yea I no this movie wont likely happen soon but I think it should. Its a risk that could pay off huge imo. They just have to treat the story like an epic tale. Kinda like Thor.

Last edited:
Jai Courtney for me, he's got the build and a ton of charisma.

I find Jai Courtney to be a bad actor.

Im still going with Charlie Hunnam.

Joel Edgerton is my no 1 choice. If i was making an Aquaman movie he would be my Aquaman. My no 2 or 1,5 is Nikolai Coster Waldau.

Bradley has got the hair for this role

Josh holloway -> aquaman

karen gillan -> mera

idris elba -> black manta

Rhys Wakefield, David Gallagher Aquaman
Leonardo DiCaprio Ocean Master

I see most people realy want a young Aquaman. So bassically an origin story of him becomig king/really taking charge. I could dig that. I still think McIntyre is one of the best choices.

I see most people realy want a young Aquaman. So bassically an origin story of him becomig king/really taking charge. I could dig that. I still think McIntyre is one of the best choices.

That old unaired pilot was awesome

That old unaired pilot was awesome

It was okay but I wouldnt want something like that for a movie. So what do peoole want? Him already a king when the movie begines. Maybe a villian trying to take over cause he wants to declare war on the humans for destroying the world. Rhe villian has been commiting atks aka tsnamis and hurricanes. Or a pretty young kid who learns hes half atlantean after some bad atlantean comes to kill him, he learns he must become king and save earth from an enemy beneath the sea. Just ideas lol.

I'd prefer the latter, though I'd be perfectly fine with the former. As long as the general audience gets the opportunity to see how cool Aquaman really is, I don't really care how they go about telling the story (provided it's done well).

I find Jai Courtney to be a bad actor.

Im still going with Charlie Hunnam.
Hunnam is a far worse actor than Courtney, imo.

That said, I'd want neither for Aquaman. I think Skarsgard would be a good choice, and though I love Nikolaj, he's more Batman material, imo.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"