"Arcade Wednesdays" Continues On...

imdaly

- Part 12
Reaction score
Looks like we haven't seen the end of XBLA's Arcade Wednesdays yet! Here's the list of the next upcoming games!

August 16 - 4 New Picture Packs for Cloning Clyde - 100 Pts. Each
August 16 - PGR3-Themed Deck for Uno - 100 Pts.
August 23 - Texas Hold 'em - 800 Pts. (Note: Full Version FREE if you download it within the first 48 hours it's available!)
August 30 - Time Pilot - 400 Pts.
September 6 - Scramble - 400 Pts.
TBD - Lumines Live!

Edit: List Updated 8/16/06

I want Pac-Man and Lumines. I also want them for free.

Lumines in the middle of the week that school starts, nice, real f**king nice MICROSOFT WHY DON"T YOU JUST SHOVE A SPIKED ***** UP MY ASS.
cursin10.gif

K, after the outburst I analyzed the situation and realized that no, I'd rather deal with the wait and having to play Lumines in the middle of the school year instead of having a sharp foreign object jammed up my anus.

PWN3R RANGER said:
I want Pac-Man and Lumines. I also want them for free.

yeah, dont hold your breath for that one :o

I'll probably pick up Lumines live, but that's it. I'd rather see more GAMES as opposed to things that I played on across various systems years and years ago and games that are free on java game sites.

Is Street Fighter 2 just like the old one? I just got my Live account transfered over to my 360 and am loving the arcade features it has.

UPDATE!

www.xboxaddict.com said:
Microsoft isn’t bluffing: Log on to Xbox Live® within the first 48 hours after launch and download Texas Hold ’em completely free of charge! This full-featured poker title for Xbox Live Arcade on Xbox 360™ will launch on Wednesday, August 23, at 0800 GMT (1:00 A.M. Pacific Time).

For 48 hours only—through 0800 GMT (1:00 A.M. Pacific Time) Friday, August 25—as a special limited-time only promotion, all Xbox Live Gold and Silver members can download the game at no charge.Starting at 0801 GMT (1:01 A.M. Pacific Time) Friday, August 25, Texas Hold ’em will be available for 800 Microsoft Points.

Play against real players from around the world.

Not only is Texas Hold ’em free to all gamers, it comes equipped with features that can only be found on Xbox 360. Designed to simulate the risk/reward of real poker gameplay, keep gamers honest, and discourage opponents from betting too recklessly, Texas Hold ’em has an innovative new feature called "Persistent Bankroll."

You can try any Xbox Live Arcade game
with a free demo, available for download
from Xbox Live Marketplace.

Your virtual bankroll is tied to your gamertag and keeps a running tally of your chip count. If you lose all of your chips in a poker game, you’ll have to play lower stakes buy-in games to make back your stack and earn your way to the big tables.

The scenarios drop you into a poker situation.

Texas Hold ’em also offers multiplayer support for up to eight gamers, three modes of gameplay (Standard Games, Scenarios, and Tournaments), achievements, extensive online leaderboards and statistics, and high-definition graphics. Enjoy poker night every night with friends, family members, and gamers around the world (please note that this title may not be available in some countries).

Xbox Live Arcade Wednesdays
In addition to the exciting release of Texas Hold ’em on August 23, you can look forward to new game titles and premium downloadable game content on Xbox Live Arcade Wednesdays from August 16 to September 6, including:

Cloning Clyde Picture Pack: The action adventure/puzzle game Cloning Clyde, created by Wahoo Studios/NinjaBee (developer of the popularOutpost Kaloki X for Xbox Live Arcade), will have four new gamer picture packs available on Marketplace on Wednesday, August 16, so you can check out more unique pictures of Clyde. Each gamer picture pack runs 100 Microsoft Points.

UNO Theme Deck: UNO is the hugely popular Xbox Live Arcade card game from Carbonated Games, and it adds a new theme deck to its stable on Wednesday August 16, based on the hit Xbox 360 racing title Project Gotham Racing® 3. Find it on Xbox Live Marketplace for 100 Microsoft Points.

Time Pilot: This futuristic fighter pilot classic from Konami lets you fight through different eras like never before. High-definition graphics and enhanced gameplay designed specifically for Xbox Live Arcade makes this version even better than the original from 1982. Download Time Pilot on Xbox Live Arcade Wednesday, August 30, for only 400 Microsoft Points.
Scramble: This classic side-scrolling shoot-’em up coin-op title from Konami takes off on Xbox Live Arcade in September. The 1981 classic, widely considered the first multi-level shooter, lands on Xbox Live Arcade on Wednesday September 6. Pick it up for 400 Microsoft Points.

You can try any Xbox Live Arcade game with a free demo, available for download from Xbox Live Marketplace. Check out Xbox Live and Xbox.com for continuing updates on all the exciting new content available to Xbox 360 gamers. As always, all launch dates are subject to change. A gold subscription is required for multiplayer features. A memory unit or hard drive is required to download content from Xbox Live Marketplace.

So, Texas Hold 'Em isn't coming out until next Wednesday, BUT for the first 48 it'll be available for free afterall. Sweeeeeet.

And I really like the idea of the persistant bankroll. :up:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"