Archie Comics Signs Development Deal With Warner Bros. TV

Discussion in 'Riverdale' started by Sawyer, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Sawyer High King

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/li...deal-warner-bros-tv-975805?utm_source=twitter
    Gonna go ahead and assume this is a decent indicator of Riverdale's survival past just this season.

2. Sawyer High King

Aside from the obvious question of Sabrina, Josie, etc, I wonder if there could be other takes on Archie and the core group down the line. If the comics can have classic Archie in the digests, new Archie, Archie horror and soon the Riverdale-based comic running simultaneously, I wonder if the same could apply to TV.

3. famicommander Registered

Dark Circle?

The Fox TV series, please.

4. BatsDC Side-Kicker

And thus, the Archie Live Action Universe was born. :o

5. John Locke One is Dark One is Light

I'm guessing Sabrina and Josie will stay at CW while the others will be shopped to other networks.

6. Osiris-Rex Head-Kick

7. famicommander Registered

It's not even close to Arrow numbers. You can't compare a freshman show with 3 episodes under its belt to a show that has aired 10+ episodes this season and more than 100 overall.

By the end of this season Riverdale will likely be in the low to mid 0.3s. Arrow is in decline, but I don't see it sinking that low. There'll be events along the way that bump the ratings here and there.

Riverdale is doing more than well enough to stay alive on the CW. But saying it's the "highest rated new show" is only significant if you ignore the fact that Supergirl is new to CW and also ignore the fact that their other new shows were unmitigated disasters, ratings-wise.

8. Juan1193 Registered

It's a shame it's not doing better in the ratings! I think it's definitely the CW's best show! Much better than all of their run of the mill DC shows! Maybe it should switch to Wednesday's

9. Sawyer High King

It doesn't always have to be a pissing contest, guys. The Flash and Supergirl are good.

10. famicommander Registered

I actually think all five Arrowverse shows (Flash, Arrow, Legends, Supergirl, Vixen) improved versus last season. Arrow, Supergirl, and Legends especially.

I haven't actually watched Riverdale. I might get to it down the line, especially if it grows into a shared universe with more interesting characters.

11. Steelsheen Head Geek of Nerdtopia

12. PeterBenParker Wallopin' Websnappers!

This is great news for me.