Are African Americans really African Americans?

blind_fury said:
African American is a fancy word for black. If your not black then you're not African American.
I'd have to agree with this. Wish there was more to say, but there isn't. But I'll add something to this.

"I'm going to stop calling you a white man and I'll ask you to stop calling me a black man." - Morgan Freeman.

I think that is the best way anyone should handle this. The ethnic background is not important. Whenever thats removed, we are truly all equal and seen only for our merit, not skin color.

Gamma Ray said:
I know that black people's great grandparents came to the US from Africa originally, but does that really make them African Americans? Where does the chain end? If I have anscestry in Africa, does that make me African American? :confused:
Are you actually an American, or do you just have ancestry here?:p

War Lord said:
So am I.

Let's dance.
okay, mind joining me for this piece of "Teenage Riot" by Sonic Youth?

I_AM_SHADOW said:
"There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism...The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities." -Theodore Roosevelt

That is why Teddy Roosevelt is one of the greatest Presidents this country ever had. The ability to foresee what is good for the country as a whole and not individual sects of the country.

Batty for Bats! said:
Sounds more to me as a Cajun. :up::up:
sound more to me as an abomination to the eyes of God

Daisy said:
Africa is a continent.
we just lump all those countries together because in the end they all look the same

I'm kidding:o

ShadowBoxing said:
we just lump all those countries together because in the end they all look the same

I'm kidding:o
no they don't

My family was here since the Revolutionary War Im American nuff said.

ObakeTora said:
My family was here since the Revolutionary War Im American nuff said.
no it isn't, I didn't understand your post

DarthRekal said:
good question..whites arent EUROOEAN americans....hispanics arent..latin americans.... asians are usually distinguished by originating country....japan.taiwan.china:confused:

korea

blind_fury said:
Charlize Theron was born in South Africa. But she will never be African American. Why? Because her blood is European even though she was located in Africa during birth.
Quit you assinine whining about someone's "blood" you racist piece of dog ****.

EVERYONE comes from Africa, apes evolved into Man in Africa. They then migrated out of Africa to the middle east, began the first civilizations in Mesopotamia and moved outward, futher adapting to their surroundings and creating the distinct physical differences therein.

No one's "Blood" is any different from anyone elses, excluding good old fashioned blood types, and your attempt to divide the country on the basis of blackness is disgusting.

Im black so Im an African American. If your not black then you arent an African American simple as that

When I can be in an all white environment and not have anyone make a smart ass remark, then I'll say we're all equal. And vice versa if it's a white guy in an all black environment.

Get out of here with your righteous bs. Its a classification theres nothing wrong with that your just looking for something b*** about.

terry78 said:
When I can be in an all white environment and not have anyone make a smart ass remark, then I'll say we're all equal. And vice versa if it's a white guy in an all black environment.
Wisest words of the day.:up:

But to defend human nature a bit, it's in our nature to differentiate ourselves from others. If we were all the same color, then it would be 'short people hating tall people', or 'people with blue eyes thinking they're better than people with green eyes', etc, etc....

...a good example of this is the 'cast system' they have in India. Where your treated different according to what cast you belong to (poor, intermidiate or rich). It's still predjudice even though they're all the same skin color. Like i said before, if we were all the same color, there would be some form of nitpicking that someone would think up, to make others feel more important and different from their fellow man....

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"