Iron Man Are people less excited about Iron Man because of Batman?

Well im not trying to bash Iron man at all im just giving my opinion. I would have liked to see the movie - but because im getting a negative vibe off it i probably won't see it, it didn't do anything for me. If the Dark Knight trailer didnt do anything for you guys, thats cool, personal opinion and all. As i usually say: If you are liking it and are gonna see it then more power to ya.

I like Batman more than Iron Man so it's only natural I am more excited for The Dark Knight. I thought the Iron Man trailer was just decent- though the visual effects looked amazing, the film has a really superb cast and Kiss Kiss turned me into a RDJ fan so I will most definitely be seeing Iron Man, I am just not anticipating it as much as others.

In the end, the general audience will only get really 'excited' for a film around the time it is out and the gap between Iron Man and The Dark Knight is over two months. In April the GA will be stoked for Iron Man and leading into July they will be anticipating TDK, in the end, I don't believe either will take away from the other.

It's just, on this board, we are all fans who have different preferences and the majority you will find over on the TDK boards, mostly because it is a sequel to a very well received film and features the one villain every fanboy loves. So in that sense, I'd suspect the Iron Man board would be a bit more filled if TDK were not coming out next year, but the hype will always be fluxing.

I'm excited for both, more excited for Iron Man though just because it is new. You kind of know what to expect from Batman, since it's been around for a long time now. Iron Man though, gives you the kind of excitement that the 6th Batman movie can't. Batman is like the socks and underwear you get on christmas, while Iron Man's the shiny new bike. :woot:

I'm excited for both, more excited for Iron Man though just because it is new. You kind of know what to expect from Batman, since it's been around for a long time now. Iron Man though, gives you the kind of excitement that the 6th Batman movie can't. Batman is like the socks and underwear you get on christmas, while Iron Man's the shiny new bike. :woot:

I don't agree with that comparison at all lol - In keepig with the analogy... Batman is like getting a brand spanking new 'playstation 3', iron man is like getting your favourite TV series on DVD (sure your excited but you've seen all the eps before)

Honestly - Each movie won't affect the others box office (its like spider-man 3 and the simpsons movie this year. They are so far apart)

I am excited to see both movies. 2008 is going to be awesome.:im:

I don't agree with that comparison at all lol - In keepig with the analogy... Batman is like getting a brand spanking new 'playstation 3', iron man is like getting your favourite TV series on DVD (sure your excited but you've seen all the eps before)

Honestly - Each movie won't affect the others box office (its like spider-man 3 and the simpsons movie this year. They are so far apart)

Exactly :D

I think both will be huge hits and comic book fans and comic book movie fans everywhere will be happy. Though there are some who will deny themselves the joy because they are over the top loyal towards one brand.

Yeah but you wanna go out on Christmas morning riding your bike without your socks and underwear? (pause)

I like Batman more than Iron Man so it's only natural I am more excited for The Dark Knight. I thought the Iron Man trailer was just decent- though the visual effects looked amazing, the film has a really superb cast and Kiss Kiss turned me into a RDJ fan so I will most definitely be seeing Iron Man, I am just not anticipating it as much as others.

In the end, the general audience will only get really 'excited' for a film around the time it is out and the gap between Iron Man and The Dark Knight is over two months. In April the GA will be stoked for Iron Man and leading into July they will be anticipating TDK, in the end, I don't believe either will take away from the other.

It's just, on this board, we are all fans who have different preferences and the majority you will find over on the TDK boards, mostly because it is a sequel to a very well received film and features the one villain every fanboy loves. So in that sense, I'd suspect the Iron Man board would be a bit more filled if TDK were not coming out next year, but the hype will always be fluxing.

Great post :up: I hope they both do well, I will be going to watch both many times if they are as good as I think they will be.

I also loved Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, RDJ and Kilmer were great together in that movie , I wish more people had watched it.

No one is excited about this movie right now... lets not fool ourselves... doing 2/3 of Transformers is next to impossible IMO. Yes a good trailer might change people's opinions... but I think the character itself is a natural turnoff for a lot of general movie goers.

No. This topic is essentially flame bait--even if that was't the intention.

For my personal preference, I'm definitely looking forward to IM moreso than TDK. In fact, just like BB, I'll probably skip out on the TDK altogether.
Sorry, but Nolan's take on Batman is not what I waited close to twenty years for....I'll wait for the DVD or cable.

IM seems to be a comicbook movie in the vein of Spider-man, so I'm really looking forward to seeing the comicbook come to life on the big screen....honestly that's all I want from these movies.

This is an easy one.

People in this forum = 2

People in Batman Forum at any given time > 170

You do the math.

This is an easy one.

People in this forum = 2

People in Batman Forum at any given time > 170

You do the math.

I was never any good at maths but that pretty much sums up the entire debate for the fans.

Its like i said before - batman has a history with the public - so we know were their preference lies.

I mean..I don't know. I'm looking forward to Iron Man, that's for sure.

I'm a bigger Batman fan, but I'm very open minded and so far, I like the optimistic tone of Iron Man, creating a new balance to Nolan's darker Batman flick.

If you thought Iron Man gets no attention, you should check out the ghost town only known as the Hellboy 2 forum.

well i am hyped for both movies but i guess i am hyped more for TDK

the main reason you got 300 on batman and 5 on iron man is cuz of the viral stuff happening. Not alot of interesting Hype is being released and since this is the first iron man there isnt enough to build good discusion off of. Batman has an ass load of sequals which add gas to the fire.

Remember, Batman Begins didn't have an easy time with the marketing before it's release. It had to go through hell and back due to the bad image tainted by Batman & Robin.

Iron Man is gonna get pimped big time during the Super bowl a lot of people watch the Super bowl. Hopefully they include some of those Scenes of Iron Man out running the fighter jets. :D

Well, to be realistic, Batman is an A-list hero, and Iron Man while really cool is still a B-lister. Don't get me wrong, I don't think a hero's status determines the quality of the movie, but when it comes to hype, there's no substitute for name recognition.

The one thing Iron Man does have going for it is that it's coming out early, so it'll be the first kid on the block to show off his toys and won't get lost in the shuffle. It's also far enough away from Batman that it'll carve it's own identity and will have finished 95% of its run by the time The Dark Knight hits the theaters.

Iron Man shouldn't even concern itself with Batman in terms of box office revenue. In the month of May alone, Iron Man will have to do battle with Speed Racer, Chronicles of Narnia and Indiana Jones! :wow:

i think out of those 4 movies, Speed Racer has the lesser appeal. In my opinion, of course..

I'm equally excited about seeing both movies.

There as been alot of pros and cons in this debate, but it all comes down to the general public, we as comic fans can jab at each other until the end of time, but its the people who care nothing for the history of each character that really matters, if Iron man appeals to the general public, then it will be a success same with Batman, the movies will not be made or broke by us, we make up a small portion of the audiance.
Thats why Iron man will have a Superbowl trailer, to get some of the estimated 90 million viewers worldwide, we will see it, unless your so dedicated to your hero you will not see it and be open to an entertaining film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"