Iron Man Are people less excited about Iron Man because of Batman?

yeah i see iron man as being more lightweight than tdk will be, but i like the contrast, and im looking forward to both. but i happened upon iron man, ive been a bat fan ever since i can remember and ive been scoping tdk out since BB reign ended.

DSC00423-1.jpg

DSC00429-1.jpg

DSC00430-1.jpg

DSC00432-1.jpg

DSC00433-1.jpg

DSC00434-1.jpg

DSC00435-1.jpg

I will pay to see both and be in the theater to watch them the first day, they are both going to be great.

It feels that way. At least around here. What do you think?

I never expected Iron Man hype to ever come near being able to compete with TDK hype. It think it's pretty self-explanatory. And anyways, with TDK hitting the mainstream now, people's interest will naturally focus on that news. I'm still extremely hyped for Iron Man, but not to the point where I'm going to come to the boards every day and freak out over pics of action figures and old news.

I am probably more hyped about IM than TDK....

I like them both, but i gotta go with batman

Nah, two totally different movies in my opinion. I don't see what these two have anything to do with each other other than they are based on comics.

I'm excited for both equally. I'll see them both in theaters and I won't bash either one before I see it (unlike TDK fans on IMDB invading the Iron Man boards).

I agree!!:woot:

Well I meant I haven't seen any trailers @ the theaters for IM, only online, which isn't a problem. Most of the movie goers, that attend my theatre don't know about most movies until they see the trailer..so they should kick up some hype for IM.
What do you mean? We have two trailers for Iron Man. Hulk is the one that's holding out on us! :cmad::bh:

The only thing that made me excited for The Dark Knight was Anthony Michael Hall being in it, and possibly as Riddler, then I hear that he's a news reporter which would be throwing off the idea of him being Riddler.

Iron Man on the other hand. WB has gotten multiple tries to make a good movie without outside studio control. This is Marvel's first shot. If it sucks, it's their fault. I don't think it'll suck though. I'm tagging either this or The Incredible Hulk as the movie of 2008. Then again 2007 caught me by surprise with 300 being my third favorite movie of all time, Transformers blowing me away with my incredibly high expectations, loved 28 Weeks later & Live free or Die Hard and Saw IV made me love the first three even more and love Saw IV.

But for 2008, I can't think of too many movie outside of Hulk and Iron Man that I really want to see.

The only thing that made me excited for The Dark Knight was Anthony Michael Hall being in it, and possibly as Riddler, then I hear that he's a news reporter which would be throwing off the idea of him being Riddler.

Iron Man on the other hand. WB has gotten multiple tries to make a good movie without outside studio control. This is Marvel's first shot. If it sucks, it's their fault. I don't think it'll suck though. I'm tagging either this or The Incredible Hulk as the movie of 2008. Then again 2007 caught me by surprise with 300 being my third favorite movie of all time, Transformers blowing me away with my incredibly high expectations, loved 28 Weeks later & Live free or Die Hard and Saw IV made me love the first three even more and love Saw IV.

But for 2008, I can't think of too many movie outside of Hulk and Iron Man that I really want to see.

thats all that is pulling you towards tdk??

I wasn't all that impressed with Batman Begins. It wasn't a bad movie, but I would take almost any episode from the 90's animated series any day of the week. I have never been a fan of Joker. Not sure why, I have just never been a big fan of the big name villains, might be because of how much they are used. So after watching most of the Dead Zone (Couple of the seasons I lacked cable), just thinking of how good AMH would be as Riddler just made me very excited.

It's only natural for me to look forward to Iron Man more. I enjoy reading Marvel stuff over DC stuff.

Batman has more pressure to deliver. Sometimes that could go against them. Begins had no hype and high expectations due to the past stinker Batfilms but BB end up loved by critics and many fans.
Iron Man will be the underdog success. Its pathetic if Batman loses to Iron Man box office wise when Batman is more legendary and popular.
Superman and Batman cant even beat Spidey when it comes to fame and respect these days.

Superman and Batman cant even beat Spidey when it comes to fame and respect these days.

Maybe Batman can't reach Spidey numbers (Who really cares, as long as the movies are succesful) but Batman Begins was a return to form for the character. Batman certainly commands respect now, thanks to BB, IMO.

Here is an easy way to decide this. Iron Man is going to be the best MARVEL movie in 08' and The Dark Knight is going to be the best DC movie in 08'. Problem solved.:word::woot::im::batty:

Batman has more pressure to deliver. Sometimes that could go against them. Begins had no hype and high expectations due to the past stinker Batfilms but BB end up loved by critics and many fans.
Iron Man will be the underdog success. Its pathetic if Batman loses to Iron Man box office wise when Batman is more legendary and popular.

I don't see how anyone can consider IM as an "underdog" when its pretty much the next big comic franchise for Marvel...picking up the reigns after Spider-man's lackluster finale.

IM has pretty high expectations...just because those expectations aren't on the same level as those people have for TDK doesn't make it an "underdog".

I'll always be more excited about Iron Man than I would be about Batman.

When he's in his suit of armor, Stark is an incredibly powerful superhero, whereas Wayne is just some guy running around with a utility belt and an attitude.

There's really no comparison.

Both films will be good, I personally am looking forward more to Iron Man because this is his first film and I'm a life long shellhead fan.
Batman, I've seen all the movies and both animated series, hard to get excited when I've been hit over the head with Batman for the last 15 years, will I see Dark knight, yeah, but most likely not opening weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"