Are there any banned Members that you kind of miss? - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's been banned for more than a week already. I can't say I'm surprised. I used to like his opinions on Pre-Crisis Superman and actually agreed with it for a time. Then I started being explained the other side of it and the more I understood how different Post-Crisis Superman was, and the way Post-Crisis defenders described Superman (and the more Kurosawa kept stubbornly stating his opinion that came across as insulting and even demeaning other posters for liking post crisis characters in general), the more I liked Post-Crisis Superman, and also saw Kurosawa as a guy out of his time haha.

It sucks a little, since his posts did come off as intelligent, but I can't say I'm surprised since he was constantly stubborn about his opinions on the Post-Crisis DC Universe.

It's a shame. Despite how insulting he could be, I kinda liked his posts.

But what about post-post crisis pre-infinite hour 52 Superman? What was his opinion about that?

I don't know, but I know he was warming up to the recent version of Superman.

I used to love mocking how many versions and reboots of your characters you DC cats got. But then Marvel had to go ahead and One More Day Spider-Man and make his continuity just as convoluted and lame. :(

Comic companies, man. :csad:

They don't know how to keep it simple, anymore.

Kurosawa has been banned.

tumblr_m45sjugdU51qabqy3.gif

I'll miss him telling me I don't 'get' Superman.

Oh wait... No I won't! :D

Kurosawa was the only one on these forums I had on ignore. Can't say I'm sad he is gone.

He was just like the opposite of myself with his narrow-minded and conservative attitude. So stubborn and hard headed too.

Kurosawa was the only one on these forums I had on ignore. Can't say I'm sad he is gone.

He was just like the opposite of myself with his narrow-minded and conservative attitude. So stubborn and hard headed too.
I didn't know he was gone.

I liked Kurosawa. While I did not entirely agree with how he conducted himself sometimes, I always found myself agreeing with what he was saying in regards to Superman. He had an extreme passion for that character as well as other ones and that ultimately was his downfall.

Yeah, so I'll miss him, his insights and his wonderful ability to rile people up to a furious frenzy with just a few sentences. People like that are in short supply around here. :o

Because they've been banned, duh.

While frenzied debate is good, you have to know how to turn the **** down just enough.

I liked Kurosawa. While I did not entirely agree with how he conducted himself sometimes, I always found myself agreeing with what he was saying in regards to Superman. He had an extreme passion for that character as well as other ones and that ultimately was his downfall.

Yeah, so I'll miss him, his insights and his wonderful ability to rile people up to a furious frenzy with just a few sentences. People like that are in short supply around here. :o
His insights of Superman were interesting but he took it overboard by personally insulting posters who disagreed with his thoughts and accused them of wanting some leather clad, edgy Superman when that is not what they were saying.

I didn't dislike him but I didn't like how condescending he always acted when it came to Superman.

Kurosawa????? Banned???? :csad:

I liked him. It was one of those who I'd like to read even when he was so adamant to let Superman's trunks go.

I'll miss his Shemp avatar.

Yes.

Kurosawa????? Banned???? :csad:

I liked him. It was one of those who I'd like to read even when he was so adamant to let Superman's trunks go.

Yes.
He was kinda a dick though. I didn't think he was dickish enough to get axed but dickish enough for me to skip over several of his posts in the Superman forums.

Like I said, I'll miss him to a degree that he was an intelligent poster who at least fully explains his reasoning, but at the same time his stubbornness and condescending nature about Superman ("I know the character and you dont!") leaves me unsurprised that he was banned.

His insights of Superman were interesting but he took it overboard by personally insulting posters who disagreed with his thoughts and accused them of wanting some leather clad, edgy Superman when that is not what they were saying.

I didn't dislike him but I didn't like how condescending he always acted when it came to Superman.

Like I said, I'll miss him to a degree that he was an intelligent poster who at least fully explains his reasoning, but at the same time his stubbornness and condescending nature about Superman ("I know the character and you dont!") leaves me unsurprised that he was banned.

^ Pretty much this. Generally, a very intelligent poster, but his ego on that particular subject made him act like he knew it better than anyone else, and anyone who disagreed with him was wrong.

If a person is banned on these forums, it's generally for a good reason, and not because the mods like to get all mod-happy and ban people left and right because they feel like it.

Except for Timstuff. I miss his posts. :csad:

He was kinda a dick though. I didn't think he was dickish enough to get axed but dickish enough for me to skip over several of his posts in the Superman forums.

That was part of the magic. Sure, many of his posts were just too long, but was still fun if you chose to read them.

People like Kurosawa are generally the most worthwhile in a discussion, and if it seemed like he thought he knew everything there was to know about Superman, maybe he did. People who make long, well worded posts with strongly held ideas have generally thought things out to a great extent. I'm not sorry to say this, but a condescending tone sometimes comes out of knowing what you're talking about.

People like Kurosawa are generally the most worthwhile in a discussion, and if it seemed like he thought he knew everything there was to know about Superman, maybe he did. People who make long, well worded posts with strongly held ideas have generally thought things out to a great extent. I'm not sorry to say this, but a condescending tone sometimes comes out of knowing what you're talking about.

But makes for a lonely existence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"