Are there certain kinds of Fanboys that annoy you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate fanboys who think using big words and complex sentences structures to make themselves sound smart, makes their opinions the 'right' ones.

Just because you're smart, doesn't mean you have the best taste!

People who say Johnny depp is "such a good actor" but have only seen his Pirate movies.

The painful kind of anime freaks; "Anime >>>>>>everything else"

I'm sure this has been mentioned before, TDK/Nolan fanboys. Stay clear from the Bat-forums, only go there to see the fan-art thread.

I hate those fanboys who respect anything that's not American. They ***** about it being too much blood in horror movies, but then they praise French horror which has ten times the amount of gore with even sillier stories behind them. They will sit there and say that Saw is just a gore fest, but then praise Martyrs and Inside which are straight up blood baths for the sake of blood baths.

Then there are the fanboys who want to be Japanese. They go on and on about Japanese culture is so pure and respectful when there are a ton of corrupt and nasty things going on in Japan. They'll ***** about PEDs in American sports while ignoring that there is a really deep corruption culture in sumo.

I'm so close to calling it quits on the TDKR board for a while.

I hate those fanboys who respect anything that's not American. They ***** about it being too much blood in horror movies, but then they praise French horror which has ten times the amount of gore with even sillier stories behind them. They will sit there and say that Saw is just a gore fest, but then praise Martyrs and Inside which are straight up blood baths for the sake of blood baths.

Then there are the fanboys who want to be Japanese. They go on and on about Japanese culture is so pure and respectful when there are a ton of corrupt and nasty things going on in Japan. They'll ***** about PEDs in American sports while ignoring that there is a really deep corruption culture in sumo.

Don't get me started on the fanboys who, know matter what, say that the box art for video games is always better than America's, mainly when it comes to Japanese box art. Sometimes it's true, but a lot of the time it's ridiculous.

How about fanboys who think the artist, writer, actor, musician or who ever they like does no wrong. I can't stand when somebody say they've earned the right to do what ever they want. While a lot of people have that still doesn't make everything they do a good idea.

The ones that like pokemon ginjika/ginjiki. I'm not sure of the correct spelling, but it makes you a closet furry.

Great thread!!!

Anime fans-Especially those who have to watch the Japanese version or else it's not worthy of watching.

People who think Indie comics are best just because they're not mainstream and has nothing to do with the content in the book(s)

Harry Potter book purists

"George Lucas raped my childhood" people

Dark Knight elitists-It was a good movie, but damn, they talk like nothing that came before it or came after it is on it's level.

Zombie fans

Xbox 360 fanboys

Hipsters

X-Men fans

Last edited:
I agree with all (although I do think Lucas hasn't made a good film in almost 3 decades, I think people who say he raped their childhood are melodramatic losers who should worry more about their empty adulthoods)

Anime fans-Especially those who have to watch the Japanese version or else it's not worthy of watching.

This! Anytime I see a comment under an English Dubbed anime clip on YouTube about how the Japanese is better than the English Dub, without providing any specific reason other than "Just because", I want to facepalm! :doh:

A good voice actor is a good voice actor, and a bad voice actor is a bad voice actor, no matter whether you're American or Japanese. There are quite a number of bad English Dub VA's, but I would also count on there being just as many bad Japanese seiyuu, and I have heard a few. As a matter of fact, there are times when watching certain anime where I think the American VA worked better than the original Japanese seiyuu.

Granted, this isn't always the case, but having an original dub doesn't automatically make it superior by default. (Engrish, anyone?)

To this day the only anime I really loved was Akira. And Cowboy Bebop was okay. But the Dragonball series is the biggest bunch of drivel I've ever seen.

Anime as a whole seems pretty silly. I'll honestly take a Wile E Coyote cartoon over a Japanimation.

Are there certain kinds of fanboys that annoy you?
You want to know a shorter list? Kinds of fanboys who don't annoy me. ZING!

Great thread!!!

I'm an anime fan, but not as big as those, and they are a pain to read how they say "Japanimation >>>>>> almost everything else"

"George Lucas raped my childhood" people
Not a "Michael Bay" exclusive club? :oldrazz:

Zombie fans
I also belong to this category :O

To this day the only anime I really loved was Akira. And Cowboy Bebop was okay. But the Dragonball series is the biggest bunch of drivel I've ever seen.

Anime as a whole seems pretty silly. I'll honestly take a Wile E Coyote cartoon over a Japanimation.
There are some decent anime I think you may be able to enjoy, but I'm sure you won't like whatever is credited to Hayao Miyazaki, at least not much

Well, aside from the obvious BatNolan fans and a couple of other ones already mentioned, there was some posters on page 35 or so that really got my goat who complained that some fans put wrestlers and models etc on their casting lists and that every films needs academy award nominees/winners only.

To which I say, piss off. I know I'm the monomaniacal action movie guy, but sometimes certain roles need certain actors. As much as I worship at the altar of Michael Fassbender, I'm gonna have to go with Arnold Schwarzenegger if I'm making a Conan movie. Matt Damon is great, but if I need a crazy guy, I'm going with Nicolas Cage. As for the Tom Hardy Bane sized elephant in the room, it all depends on how the character is portrayed, if all he's going to do is be buff and say some muffled crap that I wont be able to understand, like in the prologue, then you've seriously wasted Tom Hardy in your Batman film when he could've played Azrael or Red Hood, Tommy Elliot, Deadshot or whatever.

Simpsons fanboys that endlessly quote episodes.
Sienfeld fanboys that relate everything to "that episode where..."
wrestling fanboys that take it waaaaaay to seriously and constantly use industry jargon to make it sound like they are insiders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"