The Wolverine "Are These All The Reviews You Brought?" -The Official Review Thread

Seems most of the "fan" sites like it. That's generally a good sign.

Sucks it's not a clear winner. Looks like we've got a good movie on our hands, I was expecting a great one. If they put all they've got into Hugh's favorite storyline, and it only comes out OK, there isn't much hope for an amazing solo Wolverine movie after this. Still, it's been too long, I need my fix of Hugh's Wolverine. :D

Last edited:
Sucks it's not a clear winner. Looks like we've got a good movie on our hands, I was expecting a great one. If they put all they've got into Hugh's favorite storyline, and it only comes out OK, there isn't much hope for ana amazing solo Wolverine movie after this. Still, it's been too long, I need my fix of Hugh's Wolverine. :D
:dry:

Sucks it's not a clear winner. Looks like we've got a good movie on our hands, I was expecting a great one. If they put all they've got into Hugh's favorite storyline, and it only comes out OK, there isn't much hope for an amazing solo Wolverine movie after this. Still, it's been too long, I need my fix of Hugh's Wolverine. :D

After Wolverine origins, a just good Wolverine movie is all we really ask for.

Yeah, but if the reviews are right, then it's just frustrating that we were so close to an amazing Wolverine movie, but the lame villains ruined it.

Yeah, but if the reviews are right, then it's just frustrating that we were so close to an amazing Wolverine movie, but the lame villains ruined it.

I think this assumption is a tad premature.

I'm hoping the reviews are wrong about that, but if they're not, it's pretty frustrating.

Also, Comingsoon/SHH gives it an 8.5/10

The Bottom Line:
Fans of the character disappointed by "X-Men Origins" who’ have been clamoring for a great Wolverine movie, one that lives up to Bryan Singer’s early "X-Men" movies, should be thrilled. Those just wanting a solid, well-made action film might be surprised by how much depth Mangold brings to the mix. The results are the best comic book movie of the summer and one that rarely feels like a comic book movie.
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/reviewsnews.php?id=106584

God!!!!
Staying tuned for the RT rating is making frustrated!

I really hope this movie stays somewhere 80% to above.

Fabulous review from ComingSoon/SHH! Now I'm really getting pumped up for this movie.

Really starting to remind me of the early buzz First Class received upon it's premiere.

Reading ComingSoon.net's review

It sounds like the third act is the weakest and Viper isn't great. And Silver Samurai robot could turn off the fans/people.

:(

I hope this doesn't turn out like Iron Man 3 where the fans tore the movie apart.

But at least there's a teaser to DOFP!

So it's a lot like Batman Begins, I suppose? First two acts are all kinds of awesome, delving deep into the characters, then it becomes a fantastical blockbuster comic book movie in the third act. Eh, I'm cool with that, BB is still my all time favorite comic book movie.

As long as the movie is as good as the first X-Men movie (which I rewatched yesterday and I enjoyed it), I'd be content!

So it's a lot like Batman Begins, I suppose? First two acts are all kinds of awesome, delving deep into the characters, then it becomes a fantastical blockbuster comic book movie in the third act. Eh, I'm cool with that, BB is still my all time favorite comic book movie.

That would echo how I felt about Batman Begins as well...If The Wolverine goes by that formula I'll still love it because BB was f**kin amazing.

Whoa...looks like this Wolvie movie might be the one we fans have been waiting for!

Glad to hear that!

Reading ComingSoon.net's review

It sounds like the third act is the weakest and Viper isn't great. And Silver Samurai robot could turn off the fans/people.

:(

I hope this doesn't turn out like Iron Man 3 where the fans tore the movie apart.

But at least there's a teaser to DOFP!

Well I do think there was too much of Viper, to be honest.
She was poisoning people all over the place and if began to feel like it was just done for the sake of it. A random guy came up to her on the street and said he thought she was hot and she grabbed him and poisoned him. That scene wasn't even needed. It was just done too much. The scene with Wolverine and the grizzly bear wasn't needed either. It didn't really contribute to the story.

Not to sound like a fanboy already, ah damn it I will anyway, but those two negative reviews are from british newspapers, they could not review their way out of a paper bag.

No journalist worth a thing wants to end up doing film reviews for a british newspaper, its where you go when your career is heading down a deadend and you cant get a proper journalistic job in sports or politics, thats just the way british newspapers work.

Actual proper film journalists can be trusted however and the fact that Empire and Total Film liked the film gives me great confidence. Even more importantly actual comic book fans who have seen it seem to like it even more, like Poni-Boy, so this gives me great confidence:up:

I think the Mirror reviewer raised valid points even if he was harsh and obviously disappointed. The Telegraph review was mostly nonsense.

Just out of interest, does anyone know how a fresh or rotten rating is decided for a borderline review? I've seen 3/5 reviews get either fresh or rotten, although I would generally say a 3/5 is a positive review. Do they ask the reviewer themselves?

Just out of interest, does anyone know how a fresh or rotten rating is decided for a borderline review? I've seen 3/5 reviews get either fresh or rotten, although I would generally say a 3/5 is a positive review. Do they ask the reviewer themselves?

i thought all 3/5 reviews were rated as rotten?

It's the reviewer themselves that decide.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"