The Wolverine "Are These All The Reviews You Brought?" -The Official Review Thread

Well I do think there was too much of Viper, to be honest.
She was poisoning people all over the place and if began to feel like it was just done for the sake of it. A random guy came up to her on the street and said he thought she was hot and she grabbed him and poisoned him. That scene wasn't even needed. It was just done too much. The scene with Wolverine and the grizzly bear wasn't needed either. It didn't really contribute to the story.

To be honest, when I read the grizzly bear scene description like two weeks ago, I wasn't digging it.

God! When I checked RT this morning. The count for fresh reviews didn't change and its down to 55% MY GOD!!!

Thank God, the news for DOFP really made me excited. But there's still hope for this film to get a fresh rating!

Psylockolussus...did you see the conversation we've been having? RT have yet to post tons of positive reviews.

Psylockolussus...did you see the conversation we've been having? RT have yet to post tons of positive reviews.

Yup, I know that. I noticed the movie hasn't been reviewed by a "top critic". So there's still hope! With 11 reviews in, anything can still happen.

Way too early to tell. I think Fox breaking its review embargo is a good sign, though. All in all, I'm having De Ja Vu and the conversation here is reminding me of the MOS boards when reviews began to come out.

For me, Man of Steel is a tough film to beat, but I'd love to be surprised by The Wolverine.

The concern I have about Viper is that her voice sounded replaced (ADRed probably) from Eastern Europe originally, to faux-British, to American sounding in the video marketing. I didn't watch the featurette and really have no idea what the hell I'm in for. I'm not asking for a response here just making an observation.

['The Wolverine'] is a neat trick. But don't get too excited.

LOL @ that being considered as fresh. Watching this RT rating go up and down is frustrating. I guess I just want this movie to be seen as a good movie and if The Wolverine has a fresh rating that it at least 70%, people would consider it as a good film.

alright of the ratings have been very favorable but they all have the same complaint in that the 3rd act is the weakest

Screencrush got added as a positive because they were genuinely impressed by the route they went with in The Wolverine.

alright of the ratings have been very favorable but they all have the same complaint in that the 3rd act is the weakest

A lot of people say that the third act turns too "comic booky", and contrasts the tone it set in the beginning.

['The Wolverine'] is a neat trick. But don't get too excited.

LOL @ that being considered as fresh. Watching this RT rating go up and down is frustrating. I guess I just want this movie to be seen as a good movie and if The Wolverine has a fresh rating that it at least 70%, people would consider it as a good film.

RT doesn't decide whether or not a review goes up as "fresh" or "rotten". The critic tells RT how to list it.

RT doesn't decide whether or not a review goes up as "fresh" or "rotten". The critic tells RT how to list it.
It amazes me how with every movie this needs to be explained. Surely people will catch on eventually? :D

I'd like to think that now all the negative UK reviews we were already aware of have been added, things should get back to fresh.

It amazes me how with every movie this needs to be explained. Surely people will catch on eventually? :D

They won't. It's a never ending cycle. If RT really had all of the sinister agendas they've been accused of, they could have taken over the world 10 times over by now.

One of my friends sent me this on FB. Cannot stop laughing. :lmao:

They won't. It's a never ending cycle. If RT really had all of the sinister agendas they've been accused of, they could have taken over the world 10 times over by now.

One of my friends sent me this on FB. Cannot stop laughing. :lmao:

This is the greatest thing ever. When they started doing "The Music of the Night" I lost it completely. :funny:

This is the greatest thing ever. When they started doing "The Music of the Night" I lost it completely. :funny:

Between the Paul Revere song from Guys and Dolls, and the Adamantium Cell Block Tango...forget it. :lmao:

I am curious to see what Empire's review will go down as, or rather what they want it to go down as. It was a pretty middle of the road review so it could be negative or positive. I would like to see the RT rating go up though.

Metacritic right now is at 42 with all mixed reviews, no positive or negative. This movie is definitely split down the middle.

Ign review gave it a 8.5 did not expect that
But this story paints a deep and compelling portrait of Logan, a haunted character that Jackman still finds new ways to play all these years later. It turns out The Wolverine is the superhero movie surprise of the summer. He's still the best there is at what he does.

Love that.

The main critiques seem to be that the 3rd act falls apart (and doesn't fit the tone of the rest of the movie. And Viper sucks ash. :o Let's hope Viper isn't in it that much... LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"