The Wolverine "Are These All The Reviews You Brought?" -The Official Review Thread

A positive review 4/5 stars

Not being a fan of X-Men Origins: Wolverine, I was sceptical going in to another Wolverine movie but all doubt soon lifted. The Wolverine brings the X Men movies back to their best, Mangold’s directorial vision allows us to see what’s happening all around as Logan is at his weakest.

http://betheredcarpet.co.uk/2013/07/18/the-wolverine-review/

Went to screening earlier today... I loved it, its really the first proper character driven story for a superhero, and yet it doesn't feel like a superhero flick. Loads of action, the bullet train sequence is awesome!! Trailers don't do it justice that's for sure... But it's a lot more personal, and introspective.

Definitely one of my all time favorite Comic films.. Ima make sure to catch it again when it releases!!

I also want to see it again when it's commercially released, but that will have to wait until the week after it comes out as I'm away...

Yes, many of the reviewers seem to want it to embrace the potential OTT elements.

The UK Telegraph's silly review said this: "Perhaps if Mangold had set his sights on more appropriate source material, The Wolverine might have been an X-Men equivalent of You Only Live Twice, with hollow volcanos, silvery secret passageways, and a bouncing delight in its own silliness."

Seriously?!

Again on behalf of the UK I have to apologise for the nonsensical newspaper reviews, they really do not know what they are talking about.

Plain poor journalism is what it is.

If a movie is bad then fair enough but at least write something constructive and that doesnt make the reviewer look like a fool, credibility is hard to gain but quickly lost.

I'm going to the 'Wolverine Fan Event' in NY on Tuesday. I'm expecting a good crowd for that showing. Which should be extra fun for my mom, who will be seeing her first Wolverine movie that night. :oldrazz:

I'll also be at the NYC event :D

But I'm worried about the 3d, has anyone seen it in 3d? I saw ASM in regular 3d and it was the darkest, most unpleasant picture ive experienced. It was really disappointing so I hope this turns out okay!

I'll see it again in 2D on midnight opening, or the early 11pm showing on Thursday :) so I'm not terribly worried, I was just hoping for the best.

I keep forgetting its in 3D...

I have tickets for the 10pm show on 7/25 back home in NJ in addition to the NYC show. Had those before I found out about the NYC event.

But I'm worried about the 3d, has anyone seen it in 3d? I saw ASM in regular 3d and it was the darkest, most unpleasant picture ive experienced. It was really disappointing so I hope this turns out okay!

I'll see it again in 2D on midnight opening, or the early 11pm showing on Thursday :) so I'm not terribly worried, I was just hoping for the best.

Read one review that said 3D was pretty poor as it was added in post production, but thats just one comment.

The 3D is reasonable, I thought. These days they never do the immersive 3D where things poke out into the audience, so there's that to bear in mind. But I felt it did add a depth and intensity to the film, though it wasn't that obvious in some places.

Hey guys, can we keep this thread for official reviews only? Let's keep the discussion in the Stealth Express thread. :D

I'm actually start a fan review thread.

The 3D is reasonable, I thought. These days they never do the immersive 3D where things poke out into the audience, so there's that to bear in mind. But I felt it did add a depth and intensity to the film, though it wasn't that obvious in some places.

Ah, I'm not even worried about the effectiveness. I just don't want it to be dark :(

We now have a thread up to post your reviews, if you've seen the movie already. Post your reviews here!

And remember the spoiler tag rule, please. :up:

We've all read about how the movie falters in the third act. However this review from letterboxd.com seems to indicate that it does recover. Good to hear. :)

After such a great build up, The Wolverine does descend into the usual high-tech super-heroics with Logan and "The Silver Samurai" falling all over the place while hacking lumps out of each other. There's nothing necessarily WRONG with how any of this is shot or performed etc, it's just so jarring given the thoughtful, quieter movie that preceded it. Things do get back on track somewhat though, with a nice final shot and a doozy of a mid-credits sequence which you will not want to spoil for yourself.

I wonder what the final shot is

finally, they need to start adding some more!

Two good reviews from Urban Cinefile!

Lets hope this movie stays having a fresh rating.

I think thats what the non-Wolverine fans are waiting for!

What is? Coz I interpreted:

Things do get back on track somewhat though, with a nice final shot and a doozy of a mid-credits sequence which you will not want to spoil for yourself.

"Nice final shot" and "a doozy of a mid-credits sequence" to be two different things.

Now at 69% 11 Fresh and 5 Rotten.

Whoa.....nice to read all these positive reviews.

So can I safely say that this is the wolverine movie we have been waiting for ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"