• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Are You Happy?

I'm happy with my life. There are a couple things I'd like to do which will make me happier and my life better, but I'm working on getting those things done. As with anyone there's a couple things I look back on think what would have happened if I did this another way, but then it would've put me in a different spot in life and I may not be where I'm at now and where I'm at is a pretty good spot.

Well, are you?- No I can honestly say I am not happy.
can you say that you are happy with your life?
-
No, I'm empty and depressed.

Are you simply content knowing things could be worse, or do you feel like things could and should be better, and thus leave you feeling unsatisfied with your current situation?
-
Yes, I'm not where I want to be in life. I thought I'd farther in my life. I thought I would be successful, but I'm going nowhere. I'm not the person i thought I would would be. And ym depression has returned.​

I'm happy with my life. There are a couple things I'd like to do which will make me happier and my life better, but I'm working on getting those things done. As with anyone there's a couple things I look back on think what would have happened if I did this another way, but then it would've put me in a different spot in life and I may not be where I'm at now and where I'm at is a pretty good spot.
I think sometimes it take some time and age to get there, because in high school, everything felt unbearable, yet now I look back and think what was the big deal. I feel like I would've been much happier if I knew then what I know now, which would be to not stress so much about nothing and just live life and have fun.

But it's funny, a friend of mine just asked me what's my happiness, and I honestly don't know.

I'm not happy with my life at all. If I could go back in time and change things that happened 6 years ago I would. I'd be in a better position right now if I could.

No, I'm not. And it bothers me. I don't like not being happy because I feel guilty that I'm unsatisfied when there are people with bigger problems out there. I also don't like feeling as if I'm asking for attention.

So, when I'm unhappy I can't even take time to feel that way because I'm too busy worrying and stressing about the above.

:down
That's almost exactly what I feel like.

I'm always happy. There's nothing bad enough to be depressed in my life.

Well, are you? Looking back on your life, and the experiences that you've had, and where you are now, can you say that you are happy with your life? Are you simply content knowing things could be worse, or do you feel like things could and should be better, and thus leave you feeling unsatisfied with your current situation?

On the whole, I'm pretty happy with the choices I've made and the things I've done. The things that I'm unhappy about have little to do with the decisions I've made and more to do with the events surrounding my life. If there were something I could do to fix the problems in my life I would try my best to do them. Unfortunately those problems are outside of my ability to do anything about - unless I can become a miracle working brain surgeon in the next 6 weeks.

So I've been wondering whether happiness is just a state of being, or if it's more of a choice. I mean, I've been told by some that life is not exactly "hills and valleys" where things are good one day and bad the next, but rather more like "train tracks," in which its constant, but only you can control how you react to what happens. You can choose to be happy/content about things, or just upset and depressed about all the bad things that happen.

I don't know, but it's kind of made me wonder what exactly is happiness?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"