Armando Iannucci's The Death of Stalin

Boom

I got nothin'
Reaction score
How am I just now finding out about this? In the Loop is honestly one of the funniest films I have ever seen in my entire life. This just shot up my most anticipated list.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4686844/

MV5BMDU5Nzk0YzMtMzRhZC00ZDNlLWFlM2UtNmIwZGEyMmQ4ZmMyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjAxODQ0NDY@._V1_UY1200_CR148,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

Last edited:
Can't wait for it. The Thick of It is my all time favorite series and In the Loop is my #4 movie of all time

IMG_2515.jpg

C'mon with that trailer already!

Can't wait to hear the swearing.

The trailer was just released, looks really great!

Very NSFW.

Simon Russel Beale and Tambour look excellent in this. I also look forward to Jason Isaacs playing the Russian counterpart of Gandolfini's character from In the Loop.

From what I've read on Twitter, this killed it.

No theater near me is playing this and I'm furious about it.

This is not a 'pure' comedy like In the Loop or Veep or The Thick of It. The marketing is kinda false, there's lots of heavy moments here. It's a great satire but it's a very different movie to In the Loop.

Sort of a funny concept, Iannucci satirizing 50s Soviet Russia. Isn't Armando pretty much a self-acknowledged full-on communist type?

Looks awesome, at any rate. Loving the cast.

I guess it’s like only women can joke about women, only black people can joke about black people etc

Sort of a funny concept, Iannucci satirizing 50s Soviet Russia. Isn't Armando pretty much a self-acknowledged full-on communist type?

Looks awesome, at any rate. Loving the cast.

Armando Iannucci voted for the Liberal Democrats in the 2010 election so I'm pretty sure his own politics are more in line with them. Iannucci also talked about how his late father grew up in Mussolini's fascist Italy and wrote for anti-fascist newspaper as a teenager.

Armando Iannucci has satirized everyone. He isn't really partisan. In The Thick Of It he mocked all three of the major UK parties.

In the late nineties Iannucci made 'Clinton: His Struggle with Dirt' A satirical documentary about the Bill Clinton and Monica Lewinsky scandal.

Iannucci's BBC show '2004: The Stupid Version' mocked Dubya Bush, Tony Blair and Gordon Brown.

He isn't really partisan.

The guy just comes off really raving ultra-lefty Jeremy Corbyn type of guy in interviews. Not that that's, you know, Stalinist or anything, just thought it was sort of amusing. Veep, much as I love it, comes very much from that perspective too. Cool to see, though, he's a really talented guy, definitely going to be seeing this.

Movie was alright. Buscemi was hilarious. Short movie, but felt like it should have been a single episode on HBO as opposed to a full length feature.

^Your lackluster review has me concerned, now I'm not as pumped to see it. :csad:

I liked it but it's a type of humor I enjoy but only in small doses. I can totally see why some ppl would find it absolutely amazing/hilarious from start to finish though. So take my opinion with a grain of salt. It just wasn't something I need to see more than once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"